Chapter 12 : My Heart's Remedy

My Heart's Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JANS was supposed to be celebrating. She should be screaming, “Gotcha!” at Sungmin right now. Isn't kissing a sign that he was falling for her. She never did it before, she never deliberately went after a guy before and tried to get him to love her, or to even like her.

 

I can't kiss you because I don't feel like it. You should kiss someone who loves you or whom you love. Not just because you feel like getting your first kiss. The bitter memory of that voice made her open her eyes and push Sungmin away. She pressed her clenched fists on her lips, wanting to rub her first kiss away.

 

“That wasn't for you!” She was about to turn around when he caught her with two arms and pressed her back to him. “Let me goooooo!”

 

It was her fault. It was her fault for getting herself into this situation. I have to quit work. She didn't want to. But she couldn't go on with this. Her first kiss was gone. She was the classic Josie Geller. She had wanted her first kiss with someone once and he turned her down. He had broken her heart and now she had given it away without meaning to.

 

He wasn't supposed to like me yet! She thought she was in control. She thought she would get the best of him. She would make a fool of him. She didn't expect him to do something the other Juniors would be more likely to do. Sungmin was the innocent pink prince.

 

But that prince had taken her gift. She wondered why his arms didn't feel like they were keeping her from moving. It was just keeping her, moving her closer to him. It was an embrace so intimate yet not stiffling. She never thought a hug can also come with a feeling of comfort. She always thought hugs had to be tight and breath-taking. Sungmin was holding him like he was giving her a chance to breath but not to leave. She wanted to escape it but the feeling of being close to him calmed her.

 

“Your kisses belong to me now.” Sungmin said in a husky uncharacteristic voice. “I won't let you give them to someone else...from now on.” she faced him with misty eyes. Sungmin took her glasses off. “You are a witch. Do you know that?”He wiped her check with the back of that hand. “Two days ago my world was moving in the right, smooth and calm direction. I was okay...but now I can't stop the pain here,” he put one of her hands in the middle of his chest. “When I hold you close to me, the pain all goes away. When I kiss you, everything fades away...” he looked at her lips then lowered his face again.

 

Jans hiccuped. Sungmin was surprised then looked at the ground. Jans saw his shoulders shake. Is he crying? He looked up and was snickering. Jans' eyes narrowed and he flicked him on the forehead. He made a cute awww face then rubbed his forehead. He slowly let her go and she felt her body tighten from the feeling of being released.

 

“Looks like I lose.” He put the muffler around her neck. “Souvenir.”

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk chose that time to come out with the Janes. Sungmin was still holding the ends of the muffler and smiling at Jans. Jen cleared that made Jans turn around suddenly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter