Crybaby

Country Bumpkin

After Xiumin had left, one of the office ladies came in to inspect your leg. Her black hair was cut into a crew cut, but other than that were pretty and she looked as fit and youthful as any other teacher. "Well, sweetie, you've pulled a tendon in your leg, which will be slightly annoying and will take months to heal, but luckily, you won't need to wear anything on your foot. You can go to class now, and take this pink slip."

After you had given your teacher the pink slip, you limped to the only seat in the classroom. By some crazy coincidence, Xiumin and Kai were sitting on either side of you. You turned to Xiumin ,returning his bright smile.

The teacher suddenly cleared his throat. "Today class, we have a transfer student from Australia. Her name is Park Misun. Please treat her well."

The rest of classtime passed by quickly, Xiumin quietly passing you notes and cracking jokes about what colour the teacher's underwear might be today.

As the bell rang, you heaved yourself up and limped towards the door, when you suddenly felt someone's arm slink around your waist. You looked up and saw Xiumin offering you a lopsided smile. You sighed, but with a smile on your face. "Are we really going to walk around all day like this?"

Xiumin laughed. "Yes."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As the school bell sounded, you quickly tried to stand up and walk away from Xiumin, feeling guilty that you had needed to lean on him for the whole day. But as soon as you out pressure on 'your leg, a pain shot up from your heel and you leaned on your table, wincing.

"That eager to leave, Misun? And here I was starting to think that you were starting to like me." You felt Xiumin's breath fan across your face, smelling sweetly of licorice. You felt the tips of your ears burn and averted your gaze.

"Excuse me? Are you trying to talk me up, pretty boy?" You realized your tone sounded a bit threatening and looked back at Xiumin apologetically.

Xiumin frowned. "I meant as a friend..."

You sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck. "And I meant that as a joke, sorry."

Xiumin smiled. "I guess I was the one that didn't understand, then." He chuckled and helped you down the stairs and through the corridor, but you stopped walking once the both of you had reached the school gates. Xiumin turned to you in concern. "Hey, are you okay?"

You nodded, flashing him a reassuring smile. "Yeah..." You started subconconsciously fiddling with the end of your shirt, staring at Xiumin's hair instead of his face. "Um... Sorry that I had to bother you... you know, with my leg and all... leaning on you all day, and everything..." You looked down at the floor, biting the back of your bottom lip.

Xiumin laughed, and you looked up at him, surprised. "You really are too innocent, Misun! The moment I saw you, I could tell by taking one glance in your eyes that you were innocent. Misun, I was the one to knock you to the ground, and therefore, I am the one to fix the problem that I caused. You don't need to feel embarrassed about anything!"

You blushed and huffed. "Yeah, well, you should go home now. I'm not going to make you walk home with me!"

Xiumin grinned. "It doesn't matter, Misun, I can ju-"

Kai stepped out from behind the gate and glared at Xiumin. "Yeah, it doesn't matter. You can just go home now." Kai grabbed your hand and you yelped and fell, clutching the back of your foot. Kai looked down at you, shocked that he saw you trying to wipe your eyes without anyone noticing, before quickly scooping you up in his arms and walking in the other direction. You caught a glimpse of Xiumin, who was laughing to himself for some unknown reason.

You looked up at Kai, who glared down at you. "Lagging behind like that? Arriving to class with a pink slip?"

You sighed and turned away from him, not letting him see the aftermath tears stream down your cheeks. "It's none of your business, Kai, leave me alone."

Kai noticed how your voice trembled and stopped walking. "It is. If anything happens to your sorry , my would be the one to cop the punishment." You laughed softly, still sniffling.

Kai sighed and gently wiped your cheeks with his thumb. "Crybaby. Hurry up and wipe those tears off your face."

You sniffed and nodded. Kai let you down slowly and helped you to the door. You rang the doorbell three times in a row, calling your brother's name out as well. Sehun opened the door, instantly noticing your red cheeks and puffy eyes. Sehun instantly turned to Kai, eyes filled with rage. "Why you little-"

You quickly stopped Sehun. "It's okay, oppa! He carried me home, so..."

Sehun roared. "WHAT?! KAI YOU LITTLE-"

"Oppa! Don't worry, Kai didn't do anything because he knows that you will murder him and eat him for dinner if he does."

Kai snorted, bowing his head when Sehun turned sharply to look at him. Sehun suddenly sighed. "Well... alright then. You two better get ready for dinner."

You nodded, but immediately fell as you put pressure on your injured leg. Shoot, forgot.

Sehun immediately dove for you, cupping your cheeks. "You okay, dongsaeng, my little baby? What happened? KAI!"

You whimpered as Sehun touched your heel. "It's okay, that's why Kai carried me home."

You looked up and noticed that Kai wasn't anywhere to be found. Did that little bastard seriously just walk past me when I fell down?