Frozen

Country Bumpkin

I stuttered. "W-well..."

Sehun suddenly froze, as if he remembered something. "Oh... um, my friend will be staying in the room downstairs today, so..."

I sighed. Good job, Sehun, wonderfully done. Gold star for all your hard work and labours.

I pushed the handle of your suitcase down and lugged it up the stairs. I suddenly felt a hand on my back and another on my bag and froze. "...uhm..."

"Hurry, hurry, I don't want you to break your neck or something!" Sehun quickly grabbed your suitcase and brought it to the top of the steps. I watched Sehun, confused, yet slightly amused.

"Thank you, eonni."

Sehun furrowed his brows and hummed. "I think you're confused. It's oppa, not eonni."

I bowed. "Sorry, very sorry, eonni. I won't do it next time."

Sehun brushed his hair to one side and exhaled. "Dongsaeng, oppa will take drastic measures if you do not call him by his correct terms."

I bowed again. "Excuse me, appa, I didn't mean to."

"Oppa."

"Appa."

"Oppa."

"Appa."

"Oppa."

"Appa."

"Appa."

"Oppa."

"Thank you, dongsaeng. Please unpack your belongings now."

"Huh?! You cheated, oppa, you cheated!"

"Did I?"

"..."

I watched Sehun's lips curve into a smile as he headed downstairs and frowned.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After a few minutes, I had unpacked all my clothing and belongings and had settled into the room, exploring Korean websites and trying to see what types of things the people of Korea where interested in and what was trending. Nothing really caught my eye, so I went down to see what Sehun was doing.

"My body is aching and I still haven't got any abs."

"We just started training, how can you expect your abdominal muscles to develop that fast?"

"But, Sehun!"

"It's oppa." If you didn't read the Foreword properly, the ages of Exo have been switched, so Xiumin is youngest and Sehun is oldest except for Kai and Luhan because how can you love Kai then ;P

"Um... isn't that... don't girls use that?"

"It's oppa."

"Are you saying that I'm a girl? Wait... I'm not that sure... Sehun DON'T YOU DARE USE YOUR KOREAN TO YOUR ADVANTAGE I AM A MAN."

"It's oppa, repeat after me, op-pa."

"...N...Noona?"

I watched the two fight it out, amused and entertained. Sehun, unfortunately, noticed me and let out a forced laugh. "Mi Sun! How are you?" He suddenly ran over to me and squeezed your cheeks. "Are you okaaay?"

I stood there, slightly frightened by the unusual display of affection. Sehun quickly pulled away. "Omo, they grow up so fast! Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, Mi Sun."

I laughed nervously. "No.. it... it's okay..."

"See what you did, you made a girl think you are a pedo-bear." Luhan smirked and looked at Sehun with a smug expression.

"She's my sister, babo head." Sehun looked over at Luhan with a strange expression, one I'd never seen before since I had seen him at the airport. When he had turned around, I had caught a glimpse of his face. It was monotone and blank - maybe even cold. But as soon as he had looked at me, an energy filled his face and he looked like he was so happy he was floating. It made me sort of happy, to see that my brother had this sort of classification for me. It didn't matter that we weren't related - he would always be my best friend in the whole world. Well... from now on, I guess.

I remembered the sign - it was decorated with cascades of glitter and miny pictures of candy on it, with tiny hearts surrounding my name.

Luhan made a face. "Now that's just gross. Oh yeah, I brought Kai over. He's probably listening to some music right now in my room."

Sehun shrugged. "Are you going to share a bed?"

Luhan frowned. "Do you have a spare room or something...? Dunno, it would just make it easier for me."

I winced. "Sorry oppa, but I've taken it..."

Luhan grinned. "That's okay, Mi Sun." He turned to Sehun like he was a little kid who had just been given a slice of cake. "See, Sehun?! I am a man!"

Sehun brushed Luhan off. "What am I supposed to say in reply to that? Check for you?"

Luhan instinctively covered his crotch. "No thank you, oppa! I-I-I mean hyung!" Colour rushed up Luhan's neck into his cheeks.

Mi Sun giggled, looking at Luhan apologetically as she laughed. "I'm sorry oppa, it's just you're so cute!"

Luhan looked down at Mi Sun. "Cute?! I am not CUTE!!! I AM MANLY!!! REPEAT AFTER ME MI SUN! I AM MANLY!!!" Luhan looked as if he was about to rip all of his hair out.

I saluted. "I am manly!"

Luhan paused and looked at me. "I mean, Luhan is manly! Wait no, how do I rephrase this... oh, Kai! What are you doing here?"

"I mean Luhan is manly wait no how do I rephrease this oh Kai what are you doing here!"

"You're such an idiot."

I turned around and saw a guy with brown locks of hair, looking at me like I was inferior to him. "Excuse me?"

"What did you just say to my sister?" Sehun suddenly stepped in front of me, holding his arms out.

"Kai, we are visitors in this house, so can you not?" Luhan pulled me out from behind Sehun, who walked over and stood in front of Luhan and I, over-shadowing me and Luhan completely. Luhan raised an eyebrow and

"Stay out of this, Luhan. This is between me and him."

Luhan's jaw hung in mid-air, and I had to close it for him. I tugged on his arm. "Um, oppa, they're not worth it, so don't worry about it, okay? You are the man, haha..."

Luhan looked into my eyes, as if he was searching for something. "Am I? Really?"

I nodded, eyes wide. "Oppa, you are manly. You are probably more manly than most of the men in my life."

Kai snorted. "Are we done with the cheese fest? Because I'm about to vomit all over the non-existent carpet."

I frowned. That sounds nice. "Um, okay. I'm going to go and, um, read? Go to the bathroom, yep." I said slowly, trying to avoid some sort of household controversy.

I tried to walk away but Luhan held me, fast. "I want you to support me."

Much wow. Much manly.

"Hey, Sehun. Yeah. Don't stand in front of me like I'm going to get hur-" Sehun turned around and poked his finger into Luhan's side. Luhan made sort of a half-scream, half-groan noise and collapsed to the ground.

Luhan's arm shakily reached for my face as I crouched over him, trying to figure out what I should do. "Mi..." He gasped. "Mi Sun, I... I want you to... never forget... Never forget... What a man I... I was... The light..." Luhan's arm dropped to his side and he lay there, unmoving.

And then he snored.

What a gentleman.

I sighed and went back upstairs, a hand suddenly stopping me. "Hey, Mi Sun, Kai has something to say to you."

I turned and came face-to-face with Kai, my eyes slightly widening at the close proximity. He huffed and flipped his hair, somehow. "I'm sorry for calling you an idiot even though your brother called Luhan an idiot head and I'm sorry that I interrupted your flirting with Luhan." He rolled his eyes and turned around to a disapproving Sehun, who just sighed and turned away. I furrowed my brow and turned to go back to my room. As I stood at my doorway, I felt another hand on my shoulder.

As I turned away, I noticed a retreating figure, hurriedly jogging down the stairs. I scoffed.

Seriously, what is that kid's problem?

Kai

Just my luck. Moving in with that girly-faced freak, and now there's a hormonal girl living with me under the same roof. Obviously I wanted her to stay away from me, so I followed her up the stairs. I placed my hand on her shoulder, but the moment I did, I froze. Literally. All I could see her starting to turn around, extremely slowly, and I grabbed my chance and quickly ran down the stairs.

I collapsed onto my bed and groaned. What the hell?! Are her hormones infectious or something?! I suddenly felt bad about doing something?! I sighed and ran a hand through my slightly ruffled hair. The moment I turned away, I felt like I was doing the right thing, but I still feel weird... Am I missing something?

Luhan suddenly burst in. "You okay, Kai? Your face is kind of flushed..."