3

Underground Rappers

He shook his head for several times.  He replayed the song again and mumbles to the lyrics that he made few minutes ago.  It doesn’t feel rhymes.  Namjoon approach him slowly with two bags full of fried chicken. “Do you want me to help you?” he took a chair and sat beside Yoongi.  He gave him a small smile and shook his head lightly. Namjoon gave a ‘are you sure?’ look and Yoongi nodded. He tries to produce his own song. But everytime he did, it doesn’t feel right to him. He needs a lot of practice. Namjoon often offers some help but Yoongi refuses it. He just want  to do it by himself.

Yoongi put down his phone and took out some beer from the small refrigerator in that studio. While Namjoon took out boxes of  fried chicken. “Hyung, sometimes you need someone’s help to solve a problem. You’ll stuck forever if you’re too arrogant to ask people how’s to do this and that.” The younger took a bite while give him a look. Yoongi stares blankly. He knows exactly what the younger trying to say.

“I will ask you if I have problems. Okay? I’m fine right now so don’t wory. Just eat your chicken already” Yoongi pushed namjoon’s elbow a bit and he nearly chocked by the chicken’s leg.

“Oh, I heard you’re going to have a rap battle with-“

“Don’t say his name.” Yoongi cut him off.

“..uhh that guy. Is that true?” Namjoon continued his words. Yoongi stays silent. He keeps shoving the fried chicken in his mouth without words.

“I’ll take that as yes then. When?” Namjoon trying to dig some infos. He knows how much the elder hate that guy. He doesn’t even know why he hates him that much. He wishes he knows the elder earlier.

“I don’t know and I don’t even care” Yoongi let out some sigh. He threw his head at the back. He’s too tired to think of it. People should stop asking them to have a rap battle. All the crews knew that they have a big fight but the audience doesn’t. To them, it’s so fun to watch them dissing each other. This is the only way to make the money comes in.

“Stay strong hyung” he patted the elder’s back and clean up the table as soon yoongi took the last piece of fried chicken.

“Oi”

Both of the heads look at the door. Yoongi’s lips formed a smile. The burden that came at his shoulder just washed away when he saw the girl’s face. “Where is Hayoung?” Namjoon jumped a bit to look at Nahyun’s back. Nahyun nearly punch him before Yoongi pulled her to come in to the studio. “Really? You guys ate fried chicken and none’s left for me?”

“You are too late!!” Namjoon shouted beside Nahyun’s ears. “Do you wanna die? I’m older than you! How dare you use that informal tone” Nahyun showed him her fist. “Ah… sorry AHJUMMA” Namjoon runs with plastics in his hands.Yoongi laughs at the scene between them.  At least his tension is reduce. For now.

“I still have one piece” He showed the chicken leg he held for this while to Nahyun. She jumped happily and snatched the chicken leg from Yoongi. She ate deliciously while Yoongi stares at Nahyun silently.

“What” she asked with full. “Nothing. You look so pretty when you eat like that” Yoongi once again give a sweet smile to her.

“Oh god, your words are too cheesy and it makes me want to throw up”

“The ”

“Please don’t do that. This is not the Yoongi that I know. And dude I’m not pretty.”

He gave her a whatever look and continued his work. He put on the earphones and starting to mumble to the lyrics. While Nahyun has no any interest to look at what Yoongi was doing. She threw the bone on the table and started to look around. The studio was full of figures and posters. She took bunch of tissues and wiped and fingers. “Where is the ladies' room?” She stood up and fix her clothe and hair.

“Straight and turn left after you saw a door with ‘MINE’ board hanging on it” Yoongi said without looking at Nahyun. He’s still in his own world. He was trying to finish it by tonight. “Aish, why the hell I decided to come here?” She held the knob and Namjoon appeared. He looks much better without shades.

“Oh my goodness, you surprised me. You look like a ghost!” Namjoon held his chest. He was trying to calmed his breath.  Nahyun widened her eyes. “What?!”

“I mean your hair… it makes you look like a ghost that hungry for human’s heart.” His cheeks showed dimples. Nahyun pulled up her sleeve and stare at Namjoon. “What did you say?!” she headlock Namjoon so he was struggling for oxygen. Yes. They were having a fight at the door.

“Can you guys please shut the up?”

Namjoon and Nahyun froze. They looked at each other and stand straight. “Sorry hyung. Shh!” Namjoon spoke up first and Nahyun looked at him. He smiled in reply. ‘Where do you wanna go?’ Namjoon said without voice,  only his mouth moving. Nahyun did the same.

She went out and go straight to ladies’ room. She was still shock by the scene that just happened. She looked at the mirror for a long time.

Well Yoongi has changed. But we were the one that make noises and he was working so yeah. But he shouldn’t say like that. Argh! Whatever. Everyone changed. So do you, Nahyun. Look at you. You changed too. Forget about it. Everyone curse at this age. So do you. Pft stop making small thing to big thing.

She washed her hands and fixed her hair. She made a ponytail since Namjoon said her hair made her look like a ghost. Everyone will scream if they see her in a dark route. She went out from the ladies’ room and her phone made a ringtone. Someone sent her message through KakaoTalk. Hayoung! She asked her where’s she and then BAM!

“, my phone!!” Nahyun screamed loudly and looked at her phone on the floor lying lifeless. She looked up and saw a guy with a snapback . His face went so priceless. “Goodness, I’m so sorry.” He picked up the phone and trying to turn it on but failed.

“It’s useless to turn it on again. Pay me and everything will be forgiven.” Nahyun stared blankly. “Why? You’re the one who bumped to me” the guy said while still trying to fixed the phone. He knocked the phone to the wall.

“What the hell are you doing to my phone?! Stop trying to fix it and pay me!” She took her phone from his hand and patted on the phone. She bought the phone with her first salary. “You’re the one who bumped into me. Sorry but I need to go now,” the guy said and seems rush.

“What?! Hey, pay me or I’ll never let you go” she held the guy’s arm with her left hand while the right hand she held to toilet's knob. “I really need to go now.  I have something to do right now,” he pulled his arm. “Pay me!!” Nahyun screamed as loud she can.

The guy scratched his head. He really doesn’t know what to do. He looked at his watch for many times. “Pay me you stupidass!!” She used all her woman strength to pulled the guy's arm. “Nahyun!” She turned her head and saw Namjoon ran at them. Nahyun held the guy’s arm stronger than before.

“Namjoon!”

“Namjoonie!!”

They both said and gave a death glance to each other. “What happened?” Namjoon asked as soon he arrived at the scene. Nahyun showed her phone to Namjoon. The screen made a rainbow colour means it was totally broke. “He did this to my phone and he’s trying to run away,” Nahyun pointed straight to the guy’s face.

“I need to go somewhere okay. And for your information YOU are the one who bumped into me. “ He pulled his arm off from Nahyun’s grip. Damn, she’s so strong. “Err.. Yongguk hyung really need to go somewhere. He’s in urgent,” Namjoon spoke when both of them are in silence.

“So your name is Yongguk heh. Listen Yongguk, since my friend is here I’ll let you go. But just for this once. I’ll find you and never let you go again.” Nahyun turned her body and walked to Yoongi’s studio.

“You know her?” Yongguk asked as soon she disappeared from their sight. He looked at his arm and saw a red mark on his arm. She’s definitely strong. “Yeah.. she’s Yoongi hyung’s friend. I’m sorry for her side. I know you are in hurry.”

“Nah, it’s okay. What’s her name again?”

“Yang Nahyun. Um.. I’ll go first.” He walked away quickly. Yongguk stared silently. Yang Nahyun, I’ll make sure that you find me. He smirked.

“Hey, are we going or not?” someone patted on Yongguk shoulder. He turned his back and saw Jiho is ready to go out. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

-------

Nahyun slammed the door behind her. Yoongi held his chest. What’s wrong with this girl? Geez, calm down girl. “Who the is Yongguk?!”

“Who?”

“Yongguk! He made my phone like this.” She showed her phone to him. Yoongi took her phone from her hand. He tried to turn it on. “This is my first phone and he made this to my lovely phone!” Nahyun whined. She keeps thinking how she should contact people (more like Hayoung only) for now? “Yongguk? Bang Yongguk? Jepp?” he kept asking. Did I heard it wrong?

“Now who the hell is Jepp? Why underground rappers’ names are so weird?”

“Hey, watch your mouth.” Yoongi gave her a death stare. How dare she said that in front of him. What a rude friend. Namjoon came in and saw Yoongi held Nahyun’s phone. “Er, hyung this is not as you think. She bumped into Yongguk hyung and her phone broke. And then Nahyun held her so strong and it leaves a red mark on his arm.” Namjoon tried to explain what had happened.

“So I’m the one who’s wrong here?” She stood up and looked at Namjoon.“Fine. If you are going to side that Yongguk or Jepp guy,  I’m out. You are not my friend, Kim Namjoon. Bye.” She took her handbag and her phone. She walked pass by Namjoon and went out from the studio.

“See what you just do?” Yoongi scratched his eyebrow. Trying to think what he could do for Nahyun. “I said the truth,” Namjoon stared blankly. He didn’t know what just happened.

“Why are you so dumb? Women are sensitive okay. You should know whether you should or shouldn’t to talk bout it. Damn, why girls can fell in love with you and not me?” Yoongi spun his chair and continued his work. It was already 4 p.m. Few hours left before he needs to finish it.

“Lend me 2$. I don’t have money to pay the taxi  fare.” Nahyun swung the door and asked. Namjoon jumped a bit because he was the nearest to the door. He took out 2$ and gave it to Nahyun.“I’ll not pay this back because you are not my friend. Thank you.” She slammed the door again. Namjoon  and Yoongi exchange a look before Yoongi continued his work. Girls… you’ll never understand them.

 


A/N; too many curse? no?