14 -New Year?

Underground Rappers

The books that were everywhere just now are now arrange neatly on the shelves. She smiled widely when she finished her work. Lately there are a lot of customer that came to borrow and buy some books. She turned her head to the left when she felt someone tapping her shoulder. Her eyes met with Minwoo that was holding two cups of coffee.

“Lunch?” he asked with his eyebrow lifted. Nahyun chuckled a bit “Sure. Let’s go-“ before she could drag him to the nearest table and had a nice cup of coffee, she heard her boss called her from the staff room. She pulled a face for the second time today. She did so much today because most of the employees are students and they are having a final exam at the moment.

“I’m coming!” she screamed her lungs out behind the book shelves. “Can you wait a second? I have… something to do.” Nahyun patted his shoulder before she went to the staff room. Minwoo chuckled with her actions that was a bit clumsy. While she ran off to the staff room she nearly hit a customer that was passing by.

How cute,”

Minwoo turned his head to his right and met with a guy that was mostly same height as his. His gummy was showing while looking at Nahyun. The guy turned his head and met with Minwoo’s eyes. “What?” he asked with his husky voice.

“May I help you?” Minwoo gulped before he asked in his shaky voice. Minwoo slowly observed his face. His eyes widened as soon he finally recognized him.

“Are you a worker here?” Yongguk answered him with a question. He looked at Minwoo’s uniform. Before Minwoo could answer him, Yongguk dragged him to the corner while covered his mouth. He flustered with Yongguk’s sudden action.

“Wha… what are you doing?” he put his all energy to push Yongguk away but his grips were too tight.

“Listen, I need you to do something for me.” Yongguk whispered into his right ear. Minwoo twitched a bit because he felt ticklish when his light breeze hit his ear. Yongguk reached his back pocket and took out a piece of paper.

“Give this to Yang Nahyun. Make sure to give her or else…” he put out his thumb and made a vertical line on his neck. He let Minwoo go and immediately went out from the store. Minwoo was in lost. He tried to grasp the situation. He saw Yongguk outside the store that was showing his fist towards Minwoo and made a mouth movement saying ‘I’m going to kill you.’ He then turned his head on the paper in his hand.

“Sorry for the wait,”

He jumped a bit when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Nahyun who was behind him also jumped a bit. “Are you okay?” she asked in worried. Her eyebrows lifted a bit while looking at his face. Minwoo smiled in force while hiding the note in his hand.

“Nothing. Let’s go!” he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the nearest table. Nahyun was shocked a bit when he pulled her but then smiled in return. He handed her a cup coffee that he was holding it for a while. When Nahyun take it from his hand, a small paper fell on the floor. Minwooo didn’t notice it so he immediately took a seat.

“Hey, you dropped this.” Nahyun saw the small paper on the floor and pick it up to give it to Minwoo. He looked up and met with the small paper in her hand. He snatched it quickly. Nahyun’s expression changed.

“What is that?” she pointed at the small paper.

“No- nothing.” He stuttered a bit.

“Well, it must be something because you want to hide it from me,” Nahyun’s lips curved. She started to because she thought that is a love letter from his ‘fans’. Minwoo is quite popular among the female workers.

She put the cup on the table before she tried to snatch back the paper from his hand. Minwoo took a step back because she was too close to him. Minwoo’s back met the wall. He tried to escape but Nahyun was way too close to him. He put his hand higher. Nahyun hold on his shoulders and jump to get the small paper. Minwoo’s face was so red when he get to see Nahyun’s face closely.

“Yes! Let’s see…” she opened the small paper slowly.

Here’s my number… call me. And a smiley face.” Nahyun made a very girly voice. She moved her eyes at the end of the paper.

“…Yongguk?!” her eyes widen as soon she read the name. She looked up and saw Minwoo’s red face. “Wait… are you gay?”

“What? No!”

Nahyun then looked back on the note. She raised her left eyebrow. “Then what’s with this?” She showed the note to Minwoo. He let out a sigh. He was planning to throw the note away because he thought Yongguk was a dangerous person. He hold his nose bridge and then brush his hair back.

“There was a guy asked me to give you this. I thought off to throw that away but…” he stuttered a bit while looking away from Nahyun. She looked around the shop and she found Yongguk was staring at them outside the shop. She threw her hands in the air.

“Can you wait here for a minute? I need to settle something,” Nahyun asked for a permision. Right after Minwoo gave a nod she walked out from the shop and met with Yongguk that was waiting for her.

“Can you stop doing all these? It creeps my friend out.” Nahyun gave a small glare to Minwoo that is inside the shop. Yongguk gave her a small and innocent smile.

“Give me your phone number,” Nahyun took out her phone from her back pocket. Yongguk told his phone number with his sheepish smile. She clicked the ‘save’ icon and put back her phone in her pocket.

“Remember okay? Don’t do that again.” Nahyun hold her hips and pointing out her finger towards him. Yongguk nodded slowly and gave her an ‘okay’ sign.

“Anyway, I decided to have a collaboration with Namjoon, Jiho and Yoongi,”

“Oh that was ni- wait, WHAT?” Nahyun was shocked when she heard the last name. Yoongi and Yongguk? Together? It’ll be a disaster!

“Yeah, we’re going to start working next week. So…” Yongguk walked closely to Nahyun and he put his elbows on her shoulders and lowered his eyes on the same level as Nahyun’s. “… I want you to look forward to it.”

She pushed Yongguk a bit to have a distance because she doesn’t want him to notice that her face has turned out so red. She had a kiss with him! She doesn’t want that thing happen again! “How should I look forward to it? I mean you guys are having a fight right?”

“Oh c’mon! It’ll be fine! Plus we’re doing it with Namjoon and Jiho. The best rapper in this street!” Yongguk put his both hands together and looked at her with his puppy eyes.

“Alright. I’ll support you guys. Just don’t fight over something small okay?” Nahyun rolled her eyes. Yongguk threw his fist to the air. Nahyun that was in front of him just chuckled and shook her head gently. She glanced at her watch and she just realized that she didn’t have any lunch yet.

“I have to go. Talk to you later,” Nahyun made a fist, waiting for him to bump hers with his. Yongguk bumped his fist with Nahyun’s. She quickly walked inside the shop and asked for an apology towards Minwoo for making him waiting for so long. Yongguk at the outside of the shop, still smiling while looking at his fist.

---

Yoongi grabbed the jacket from the chair and gave a small glare at the clock that was beside the poster. He got the message this afternoon saying that Jiho’s New Year party is going to start at 11 p.m. It was almost 12 a.m. He was back from his studio and went straight to home to have some short shower. He walked out from the bedroom and met with Hayoung in the hallway. She carried a bag and few books in her right hand and some small bags on her left hand.

“Where are you going?” Hayoung asked while trying to open the door with her full hand. Yoongi immediately help her by opening the door for her.

“Jiho’s party,” he answered after he opened the door.

“Thank you. Oh, have fun!” Hayoung gave him a smile before she started busying herself with final projects.

“Alright. Don’t you wanna come?”

“Nahh, it’s alright. I have to go to my friend’s house to do this together,” she pointed at the bags that she carried all the way from her college. Yoongi gave a small nod, looking at the bags.

“By the way, is Nahyun going to come home late?”

“I think so? She said that the book store is going to close late because they are having an event for New Year.” She said as fast as she can while looking for her notebook and her favorite pens. “Where the did I put it?” she cursed under her breath. Yoongi walked away when he saw that Hayoung look kinda busy searching for things. He took his cap on the table and went straight to the door to wear his shoes.

“I’m going to come home late so lock the door, okay?” he shouted a bit when he didn’t hear the response.

“Lock the door, okay?!” he repeated the last sentence louder. Hayoung responded with an okay. He walked out from the house and went straight to the elevator. Tonight is going to be the wildest night ever.

---

Yoongi took out 20$ from his wallet for the taxi fee. The uncle nodded his head a little after counting it. The taxi drove away after Yoongi stepped out from the taxi. He s his hands inside the jacket’s pocket, holding the coldness. The loud noise from the house in front of him could’ve been heard for few blocks. People are coming in and out from the house. He walked to the house without any words. He have been to Jiho’s house for few times because of work.

As soon as he opened the door, the loud music attacking his eardrums. It was a bit annoying at first but he was going to get used to it. His eyes were wonder looking for the owner of the house. From his spot, he could see Namjoon’s hair. His lips curved into a smile.

“Everyone, our great master is finally here.” Namjoon stumbled a bit when he tried to stand up. Everyone that was sitting there give an applause to Yoongi that was walking towards them. Namjoon gave Yoongi a tight hug.

“Wow, dude. You drank too much. Take a break.” Yoongi pushed him a bit when all he could smelled is alcohol. Namjoon giggled and then sat back. Yoongi shook his head a little and saw Jiho at the seat, making out with a girl. Oh, poor girl.

Jiho gave a glare at Yoongi that was staring at them. Jiho pulled his head from continuing smooching the girl in front of him. He whispered to the girl and gave her a smile that was full of meaning. The girl then smiled back and gave him a small kiss on his cheek before move to the upstairs.

“I’ve never seen that girl before?” Yoongi asked, checking out the girl.

“Hey, hey. Don’t look at her that much.” Jiho slapped Yoongi’s face, softly. He then patted at the seat next to him, asking Yoongi to have a seat. Jiho poured down a drink and gave the glass to Yoongi.

“Thanks,” Yoongi said while taking the glass from his hand.

“What took you so long?” Jiho gave him a look and then sipped from his glass.

“I had some work to do at the studio,”

Jiho nodded a little. His eyes turned to Namjoon that was trying to tackle a girl at his next seat. Yoongi had a peek.

“He’s not going to get her,” Jiho said slowly.

“Why?”

“I’ve tried her before. I got a slap from her,” he showed Yoongi his left cheek that look swollen a bit. Yoongi gave a laugh. They continued watching drunk Namjoon tackle a girl. The girl suddenly stood up and then slapped Namjoon right in his face. His sunglasses flew away because of the impact. Jiho and Yoongi gasped at the scene and then laughed.

“Ouch,” Yoongi whispered slowly. He was about to take the sunglasses from the floor, but someone already took it and gave it to Namjoon. He looked up and his smirk .

“Are you okay?” Yongguk asked with his husky voice. Namjoon snatched the sunglasses from his hand and hid his red face from everyone.

“I’m alright.” Namjoon tried to stand up properly but he stumbled because he drank alcohol too much. He then took a bottle from the table and walk away from them. Yongguk shook his head a little. He moved to Jiho and Yoongi that were still sitting there. He gave Yoongi a look and then did some bro handshake with Jiho.

“Can I have a seat here?”

“Yeah, sure.” Jiho moved to his right a bit, forcing Yoongi to move too. Yoongi rolled his eyes and moved a bit.

“Sorry, I was late.” Yongguk said as soon he took a seat next to Jiho.

“Nahh, it’s alright. Yoongi was late too,” Jiho laughed a bit and waited for someone to continue the conversation. He cleared his throat and rubbed his neck with his hand.

“Ooookayyyy… this is getting awkward. I’m going upstairs. Make yourself comfortable, alright?” Jiho gave a soft pat to Yongguk and Yoongi’s shoulder. Jiho left both of them in the seat. No one was talking.

The music is getting intense and lots of girls trying to seduce Yongguk that is still in the seat. No one was moving after 20 minutes passed by. Yoongi poured another drink in his glass and tossed it up in one go. Yongguk gave him a glare and cleared his throat.

“Hey, I have one question.”

“What?” Yoongi answered with his drunk voice. His head is getting dizzy and his vision is getting blurred.

“Do you like Nahyun?” Yongguk turned his head to have a clear look of Yoongi’s drunk face.

“Of course!” Yoongi answered while holding up the bottle in his hand, in the air. “I like her so much. I couldn’t…” he hiccupped for a while “…get enough of her scent. I love her smell. Her eyes… her mole on the cheek… her hair… her… lips…” his smile gone when he thought off Nahyun’s tempting lips. Yongguk observed his action.

“You… my man,” he patted Yongguk’s shoulder. “Is the luckiest guy in this world. You kissed her… twice!” Yoongi pulled out his two fingers in front of Yongguk’s face. He chuckled a bit. He then drink another gulp from the bottle.

“You drink too much…” Yongguk took the bottle from Yoongi. Suddenly, Yoongi stood up to grab Yongguk’s collar. He gave him a death glare.

“I. Hate. You.” Yoongi said it very clear for each word. He then threw Yongguk on the seat back and walked away from him. He almost stumbled but he managed to catch someone’s hand. Yongguk followed him behind, just for his safety.

Yoongi bumped into someone’s shoulder. The man turned his body and saw Yoongi walk away without saying sorry to him. “Dude, what the ?” He held Yoongi’s shoulder and stopped him from keep walking. Yongguk that observing Yoongi from far quickly get into the scene before it’s getting worse.

“What?”

“You asked what?! You bumped into me!”

“There’s a crowd! What do you expect?! Having a way just for you?! off!!” Yoongi pushed his hand that still holding his shoulder. The man seemed so pissed off. He made a fist and it quickly went to Yoongi’s face. Yongguk gasped at the scene but immediately help Yoongi to get up. Yoongi pushed Yongguk away and tried to stand up by himself.

“All you have to do is say sorry,” the man said in growl. The crowd made a circle for them to fight.

“ you,” Yoongi gave him a middle finger. The man run towards him to give him another punch in Yoongi’s stomach. Yongguk quickly stood up to stop them from fighting. Unfortunately, the man couldn’t stop himself from running and his head bumped Yongguk’s face. Three of them were lying on the floor, grunted in pain.

Jiho that was in his bathrobe ran downstairs towards three of them. His jaws dropped by just looking at the scene. He ran to the circle just to make sure they didn’t go too far. Three of them grunted in pain. Jiho shook his head a little. He helped each of them get up. “What’s the problem here?”

The man touched his head that felt a bit dizzy. “That guy bumped into me and didn’t even say sorry!” he pointed at Yoongi that was still on the floor unconsciously. Yongguk get up holding his eyes.

Jiho take the man to a corner “Hey, he was drunk okay? Don’t fight. This is my party.” he whispered to the man. He glanced at Yongguk and Yoongi. “Okay, how about this. I’ll give you a room and you can use that room with your girls.” Jiho’s left eyebrow lift a bit. The man gulped his saliva. “Just a girl,” he said rubbing his neck. Jiho hugged his shoulders “Oh… we have some loyal guy here! Okay, we have a deal right?” Jiho pulled his hand out and shake with the man’s.

Yongguk pulled Yoongi from the floor. He put Yoongi’s hand on his shoulders. Jiho came to them after dealing with the man. “Bring him out of here. Drunk Yoongi will make some chaos.”

---

Nahyun pushed the ‘UP’ button. She pulled out her phone just to check notifications that she got. Quite a lot. She heard footsteps from her behind. She keep her head down. She could also hear a grunt. It’s a male. The shadow on the wall looks so big. Nahyun’s hand snake into her bag, deep enough just to reach her big purse. It’s big enough to hit someone. “Why is the elevator so slow tonight?!”

The shadow stopped right beside of her. Nahyun took a deep breath and she pulled out her purse and hit the person next to her.

“What the was that for?!” He shouted out loud. Nahyun opened her eyes and saw Yoongi and Yongguk were on the floor. Nahyun gasped and immediately help them up. “I didn’t know it was you!” she frowned. Yoongi awake for a bit when he heard the noise.

“Nahyun… is that you? Why is my bed so cold…?” he wrapped himself with his arms. She sighed. “How much did he drink?”

“Four bottle I think?” Yongguk rubbed his neck.

“C’mon big guy. You will catch a cold.” Nahyun pulled Yoongi’s hand. Yongguk helped her standing Yoongi up. The elevator dinged at the right moment. Three of them walked into the elevator. The door closed. Yoongi has already went back to sleep. Nahyun fixed her hair with her left hand. “I hate this smell,”

Yongguk chuckled. He glad he didn’t drink that much. The door opened when they reached at Nahyun’s floor. Two of them dragged Yoongi all the way at the hallway. Nahyun checked the door and it’s locked. “Damn it!” She s her hand in the bag to look for the keys. Yongguk waited patiently for her to open the door eventhough his shoulders started to feel pain.

“. I didn’t bring my keys.”

“What?” Yongguk’s eyes widened.

Nahyun bit her lower lips. Thinking what they should do.

“Hey, let’s go to my house instead. It’s pretty cold out here. I don’t want both of you getting sick.” Yongguk fixed Yoongi’s hand that was slowly slouching down. Nahyun looked up. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah. My house is just two floor below yours.”

“Oh, why not? I’m freezing out here.” Nahyun hold her nose from sneezing.

---

Yongguk kicked the door with his foot when his keys turned. They stepped inside and walked to the couch to lay Yoongi down. As soon they let him go, both of them stretched a bit. Nahyun went to take out Yoongi’s shoes and put it at the front. Yongguk went to his room and take out some extra blanket for Yoongi.

“You don’t have to do that…” Nahyun said when she finished tidying up their shoes. Yongguk put the blanket over Yoongi. He replied Nahyun with a big smile.

“Suit yourself. I need to change first.” Yongguk showed her the kitchen. Nahyun gave him a nod. As soon Yongguk disappeared from her sight, she took out her phone to call Hayoung. She waited for a few second.

“Hayoung! Where are you?”

“I’m at my friend’s house. I’m having a nightover. What’s wrong?”

“I forgot to bring my keys.”

“Really? Where are you now?”

“At Yongguk’s. Yoongi is here. He is drunk as hell.”

Hayoung laughed at how irritating Nahyun sound. “Wait there. I’ll come over in 20 minutes,”

“Okay.” She hung up. The sound of the door opened take her attention. Yongguk came out with his sweatshirt and sweatpants. He has a small towel on his neck. Yongguk gave her a look. “So how now?” He walked to the kitchen.

Nahyun scratched her head. “Well… I called Hayoung and she said she is at her friend’s house. She’ll come over in 20 minutes,” Nahyun followed him to the kitchen. Yongguk gave her a glass of water. She took it and drank it in one go.

“Just put there. I’ll wash later,” He then walked to the living room. He gave a glance at Yoongi that is sleeping peacefully. He the television and when he was about to lower the volume down, the news said something about the weather.

“Hey, Nahyun. There is a windstorm outside. Is your friend already came out?” Yongguk called Nahyun that was still standing by the kitchen. Nahyun grabbed her phone and find Hayoung’s number. She bit her finger while waiting for Hayoung to pick up.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“hayoung, where are you?”

“Still at my friend’s house. I’m about to go out now.”

“No. Don’t. There’s a windstorm right now. Stay inside.”

“Really? Then how about you?”

“I’ll figure that out later. Just stay inside, okay?”

“Okay… stay safe, Nahyun.”

“you too..” Nahyun hung up the call. She relieved that Hayoung is safe. Well… for now. Yongguk lowered the volume down. He walked to Nahyun.

“Is everything okay?” Yongguk asked with his deep voice. Nahyun nodded and slowly look up “Can we stay here for tonight..?”

“Yeah… sure.” Yongguk’s lips slowly turned to a big smile. Yongguk turned his body and walked to Yoongi. He still cannot stop smiling. “Why don’t you get a change? Um your shirt is pretty soaked though,” Yongguk turned again to her with less smiling. Nahyun touched her jacket and yes, it is wet. Yongguk when to his room and took out his white plain shirt.

“Go to the last room over there. Here’s my shirt.” He hand her the shirt. Nahyun smiled as the thank you. She bring her bag to the room. Yongguk watched her from behind and punched the air.

Yongguk then walked to Yoongi that is still sleeping. “What I should do with you?” He pulled the blanket off from him. He decided to take off Yoongi’s jacket. He used his small towel to dry Yoongi’s hair. Yoongi grunted a bit when Yongguk did it so rough. He put back the blanket on him. Yongguk turned his head when he heard a door opened. Nahyun came out with her hair down. His white shirt looks so big on her. Yongguk smiled again.

“Thank you for letting us sleep here for tonight.”

“Don’t mention it,” Yongguk put his hands in his pocket. “Calm down, heart.”

“Well hmm I should sleep now. It’s almost 2.30 am.” Nahyun tied her hair to ponytail. Yongguk stared at her motion. Her hair looks very soft. Her face still has some make-up. He could smell her perfume from distance. She is still wearing her soaking jeans.

“Yongguk?” Nahyun waved her hand in front of Yogguk’s face. Yongguk blinked for a while, trying to catch up the situation.

“yes?”

“Where should I sleep?”

“Well… uh..” he scratched his head looking around the house. “You guys are my first guests so I don’t really have extra blankets and pillows.” He chuckled. Nahyun nodded, understanding the situation.

“You guys can use my room. I will sleep at the couch.” Yongguk walked to Yoongi, pulling him from the couch and go to his room instead.

“What? You can’t sleep at the couch! This is your house.” Nahyun walked to Yongguk’s room. He already put Yoongi into his bed. Yongguk turned to her and gave her a big smile.

“Who says that?”

“I mean…” Nahyun felt guilty for letting him sleep at the couch.

“You don’t mind sharing bed with him right?” Yongguk walked to her. Nahyun just gave a small nod. He noticed her face that is full of worries and guilty. He patted her head softly. “Don’t worry. I’m okay. Just have some sleep.” He walked out from that room and straight to the couch. He fix the small pillows and land on the couch. Pulled the blanket up to his shoulders.

Nahyun sighed and closed the door from the inside. She pushed Yoongi a bit to make a space for her to lay down. As soon she lay her head down, the smell of alcohol reach her nose. She sat straight and gave him a glare. “Why the hell you drink so much?” She took out her phone and the clock showing it was almost 3 in the morning. She decided to go out and have some water.

Yongguk that was almost fell asleep widened his eyes when he heard a door opened. He saw Nahyun walking out from the room. “Hey,”

“Oh hey… did I wake you up?”

“No no.” He laughed and sat up. “Can’t sleep?”

Nahyun took a seat in front of him. “Yeah… he smell so much,”

He chuckled. Both of them sat in silent. The windstorm outside sometimes hit the windows. Yongguk got up from his seat and went to the kitchen. “Want some milk?” he asked from the kitchen.

“Sure.” Nahyun pulled her legs and crossed them. He came back with two glass of milk. He put them on the table and take a seat beside her. Nahyun gave him a smile.

“You didn’t drink?” Nahyun asked spontaneously. Yongguk turned his head towards Nahyun. He gave her a big smile before answering. “I drank a bit. I don’t want to get drunk in a party.” He chuckled.

Nahyun took the glass from the table and had a sip. She noticed that Yongguk was staring at her.

“What’s wrong, Yongguk?”

“What?”

“Why are you staring me like that?” she turned her head, making an eye contact with him. He quickly turned his head to his glass. He smiled sheepishly.

“Nothing.”

Silence. Again.

“Nahyun..”

“Yeah?”

“Can I touch your hair?”

Nahyun gasped. “What?”


HIII. I'm back again after two and a half year making a very long hiatus. I know it is not good for me but MY COLLEGE YEARS ARE FINALLY OVER. I AM FREE! THANK YOU LORD! Ehem, by the way I am very sorry for what happened. So many things happened for these two years. There was absolutley ups and downs. I managed to get up again. I keep reminding myself to love my soul, my body, myself. I hope I could finish this one story. More on my blog! Oh and I will update new chapter on every Sunday! Thank you and please enjoy!