13

Underground Rappers

This was the tenth times he looked at his side. She was staring out the windows again. She wasn’t talk much since she brought back home his dog from a walk. He kept asking whether she is fine or not and she always reply with a weak smile and a small nod. They were heading back to Seoul after spending Christmas in his parents’ house with bus. ‘Did I do something wrong?’ is always the question that keeps running in his head.

The bus stopped when it reached the station bus in Seoul. They both took out their own luggage and dragged it all along the street until they reached their house. It was still afternoon at that day and it was cold as well. Yoongi took off his muffler and gave it to Nahyun. She slowly looked up and met with his muffler. He was looking forward. She gave him a small smile even though he didn’t see it.

“Thanks,”

She took it with her head looking down. She put it around her neck and tied it nicely. She could still feel the warmness of his body from the muffler. She could also smell his cologne. He smells nice. Yoongi was already walking ahead leaving Nahyun alone behind. She chuckled a bit. She walked slowly, enjoying the smell of him from the muffler.

They both stopped when they saw a big lorry with lots of stuff in front of their apartment. One by one workers took out things from the lorry. Yoongi looked at his side and so does Nahyun. They were exchanging look for a second before pass by the lorry and went to the lift instead. The workers were using the stairs because the lift can’t load things that were too heavy.

Yoongi pushed the ‘UP’ button and wait for a while. The ground floor filled with the workers chatting. The both of them were awkwardly silent. The lift was ding and the door opened. He was about to step in but he met eyes with someone he hates the most.

“Nahyun?” he speaks as soon he moved his eyes to Yoongi’s side. She looked up and saw Yongguk was smiling like crazy.

“What are you doing here?” he stepped out from the lift and walked towards her. She backed a bit when he stand too close to her. Yoongi clenched his teeth.

“That was supposed to be my question.” She raised her left eyebrow. ‘What is he doing here?’

“I moved in this apartment.” He said with half laughing. He doesn’t know why but the way she answered was so funny.

“What!?” both of them speaks at the same time. Nahyun’s jaws dropped and so does Yoongi’s. Yongguk looked at Yoongi and then Nahyun. He saw Yoongi’s fists was clenching tightly. He laughed a bit.

“Where are you from?” he moved his eyes to Nahyun that was still mouth opened. He saw the luggage behind her. She shook her head a bit and looked behind her.

“Oh, we were from Daegu. Celebrating Christmas.” She gave him a small smile. Yoongi smirked a bit and threw his hand on her shoulders.

“We?”

“Yeah. Yoongi and I.” she pushed a bit Yoongi’s hand. She found it a bit annoying when he does that. Yongguk’s jaws dropped. While Yoongi was already laughing so hard silently. Yongguk’s reaction really made him happy.

Yoongi pushed again the ‘UP’ button when the lift door closed. He grabbed Nahyun’s hand and dragged her in the lift. Yongguk was literally shock when they both hoped in the lift. “You lived here?” Yongguk raised his voice a bit. He saw Nahyun nodded before the door closed. His lips curved into a big smile. This is going to be interesting.

In the elevator, Yoongi was still holding tightly her hand. She tried to let her hand go but his grip was too tight. She just let it be for a moment until the lift door opened widely for them. He didn’t even let her hand go and just walk straight to their house.

“Why you do this?”

“What?”

This.” She pointed at their hands that were still holding each other. Yoongi let it go with his red face. He didn’t realize that he was holding it for a long time. He immediately went to the door and waited for her to open door. He still don’t have the key for the house. Nahyun rolled her eyes and went straight to the door. She pulled out the keys. The keys perfectly entered the knob and she turned it to the left. The door clicked open. Yoongi helped her with the luggage and brought it in the house.

“We’re home,” Nahyun said slowly. The house was dark. No signs of Hayoung is in the house at that moment. Maybe she has class. Hayoung is still a student. Her dad told her to continue the study so she can take over their family’s business.

Yoongi putted their luggage beside the couch. He then went to the fridge to have some water. They didn’t even eat after the long road. Nahyun suggested to just orders Chinese or something because she was too lazy and too tired to cook. They agreed to order some fried chicken.

After few minutes the delivery guy arrived with his two hands full of fried chicken boxes. Yoongi took it and paid the bill. He set it on the table in the living hall. Nahyun came out with a new outfit with her hair still wet. His heart suddenly skip a beat. He was staring at her for a while. Nahyun awkwardly took a seat in front of him.

“What?” she asked as soon she sit in front of him. His eyes wasn’t moving at all. She tried to stare at him back but she gave up when she felt something weird climbing in her stomach.

“Dude.”

His eyes moved slowly at the fried chicken that was on the table. “Let’s eat.” He said slowly. He opened the box in front of him.  Nahyun shrugged and just took a piece of drumstick before dig in the fried chicken. She opened the Cola and poured it in the cup.

The silence was so awkward. She cleared a bit to break the silence. Yoongi moved his head up, meeting eyes with Nahyun. He gave her a small smile before his hand move to take a piece of chicken. “Jiho is going to make a New Year party at his house. Are you coming?” he shoved the chicken fried into his mouth while waiting for her answer.

“I have to work on New Year night.”

He gave her a few nod. The silence was back. As she was chewing on her food, the scene that happened when she was in Daegu celebrating Christmas with Yoongi’s parents came back to her. It ruined the whole mood for her to celebrate Christmas. She tried to smile and kept the positive vibe in her but she can’t. She doesn’t want to believe what she saw. She even tried to forget what she saw. The thing that she wanted to throw away came back to her life slowly. She doesn’t want to know the truth because she knows it’ll be hurt.

“…hyun!”

She looked up and met with his worried eyes. He was already finish eating. His hands look so clean. “What?”

“What were you thinking?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me.”

“I said nothing.”

“Yang Nahyun.”

“What?”

He silent for a while. “Why are you like this?”

“What?”

“You’ve been like this since you brought my dog back from a walk. Did I do something wrong?”

“No.”

“Then why?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why?!”

“Because..!” she let out a few sigh. “… because you aren’t my parents to know everything about me! Stop with this . Just stop okay!” She threw the drumstick on the table. She didn’t feel like eating right now. She threw her look on the wall beside the door. He looked at her face for a long time. He tried to read what she was thinking.

“Nahyun…”

“Just… please stop talking to me.” She stood up from her seat and went straight to her room. She banged the door from inside. Yoongi let out a heavy sigh. The sound of the front door opened attract his attention. Hayoung came in with her hands full of books.

“Hey,” she putted the books on the table. Yoongi stood up to greet her. “Where is Nahyun?”

She took off her jacket and hung it on the rack. Yoongi gave her a shrug instead of an answer. Hayoung gave him a weird look. “Are you guys fighting?” She slouched down on the couch. Studying is tiring. Yoongi took his jacket from the luggage.

“Where are you going?”

“Studio.” A short answer from him. Hayoung shrugged her shoulders. She threw her head on the rest arm. As soon the front door closed, Nahyun’s door creaked a bit.

“Is he gone?” she whispered from the room. Hayoung answered her with a small hum. Nahyun stepped out from the room slowly. She felt bad to be honest. But she doesn’t want to tell the unnecessary things to him. She felt it’s not important. Nahyun took a seat in front of the table. Her appetite is back. Hayoung held her hand out, asking for a piece of fried chicken.

“I met my mom in Daegu,”

Hayoung immediately sit straight when she heard that. Her eyes became so fresh. “What?”

“I met her in the park while playing with Yoongi’s dog.”

Hayoung observed her face carefully. There was no reaction but she knows deep in her heart she feel hurt and frustrated. She reached for Nahyun’s hands and tried to catch her eyes. “Are you okay?”

Nahyun let out a heavy sigh. “I don’t know. I cried when I saw her but right now… I don’t even know what to feel. Is that weird?” she moved her eyes to Hayoung’s face. Hayoung gave her a small smile. She pulled her to a hug and patted her on the shoulder. She was proud of her because she slowly could forget about things she doesn’t want to remember.

“No, it’s not weird. You did a good job Nahyun. You did a really good job.”

---

He slurped the ramyun soup in the cup. He then took the Cola beside him and gulped it down. Namjoon shook his head looking at Yoongi. “How many days that girl didn’t feed you?” Namjoon leaned back while still looking at him. Yoongi sent him a death stare and threw a ramyun cup at him.

“I didn’t eat since I reach Seoul okay?”

Namjoon nodded when he answered his question. He pushed back his shades with his middle finger on his nose bridge. He already finish his new mixtape and already publish it online. He didn’t plan to make any mixtape at this moment. He was busy lately with meeting people to make the new mixtape.

Yoongi burped after he finished his third ramyun. He collected all the cups that he used a while ago to put in the trash bin near the shop. As soon he turned around he saw Yongguk came to Namjoon and did some bro handshake with Namjoon. Yoongi rolled his eyes around.

“I already heard your new mixtape. It was nice,” he said with his deep voice. Namjoon smiled sheepishly at the comment. It was always an honour to have someone to comment nice things about his mixtapes.

“Thanks. I appreciate it,”

Yongguk nodded then he moved his eyes to Yoongi that was leaning against the shop wall. He was playing with his phone. Yongguk smirked a bit because he found it funny when Yoongi rather to just stand than sit a table with him.

“So, what do you think about the thing we talked?” Namjoon took off his shades and put it on the table. He has a hard time to meet this one hyung. Yongguk recently is busy with moving things to his new house and making a new single of him and another underground rapper.

“Oh yeah. About that huh?” he silent for a moment while still looking at Yoongi. Suddenly Yoongi turned his head and met with Yongguk’s eyes. Yongguk gave him a smile before return to Namjoon.

“Sure. Let’s do it.”

“Really?!”

“Yup. It must be fun.” Yongguk stood up from the chair, fixing his shirt and his snapback. Namjoon got up from his seat too.

“But…”

“Eh?” Namjoon made a long face.

Yongguk turned his body to Yoongi that was still leaning against the shop wall. “…I want to collaborate with Jiho and him.” He pointed at Yoongi. Namjoon’s jaws dropped. Yoongi smirked a bit and walked up to Yongguk. He put his hands in his pocket and looked up to him. 

 

 


p/s: helloooooo hahaha first of all i am very sorry for not updating for sucha long time. I was busy with assignments and some projects. My final exam is coming so MAYBE I am going to be a bit busy with stuffs but it's okay! i'm still going to continue this story till the end! thank you for those that are still waiting!