11

Underground Rappers

He walked into the basement that was full of people. They were mostly in 25s to 19s ages. Underage aren’t allowed in here. The have a little bar in the basement. They have liquor and other alcohol. But most people that came aren’t drinking much until they drunk. Some people saw him and started whispering to each other, while some were screaming when they saw him. Yongguk took a seat at the bar.

The stage’s lights started became dim. The crowds were screaming loudly when the DJ started to play the beat. Yongguk turned his head to the stage. He waited until the rappers coming up on the stage. The drink he ordered came. He took a sip while watching the rappers rapping. At the end of performance, they did some ‘encore’. The DJ played a girl group song and they started to sing and dancing. The crowds were laughing and screaming like crazy. Yongguk laughed when one of them did a wave body.

“Hey,”

Yongguk moved his eyes and saw Nahyun in front of him. He was pretty shock when she spoke to him first. He putted his drink down and cleared his throat. “Hey,” he said half shouting. Yongguk invited her to sit beside him. He took a glance at her clothes. She wore a long sleeve white shirt and brown pants. Her hair was tied up into a bun.

“Alone?” Yongguk looked around her.

“No. I came with Hayoung. She’s in the crowd right now.” She fixed her seat. The crowds were becoming much louder when the beat stopped.

“Why are you here?”

“Yoongi said he’s going to perform tonight so I came too look for him on the stage,” her eyes were still on the stage, waiting for Yoongi to appear.

“Me too,” he chuckled a bit. He grabbed his drink back and drink it in one-shot. The DJ started to make a new beat. A slow beat starting to play. Yongguk’s lips curved into a smile.

“He’s here,” he whispered to Nahyun. The crowds were screaming again. They were chanting ‘GLOSS’. Nahyun joined the chant. She waved her both hands.

Yoongi appeared with a white shirt and blue denim jumper. He fixed his white snapback. He looked up a bit to look for Nahyun. He smiled when he saw Nahyun was sitting at the bar with... Yongguk?! Yoongi’s smile disappeared. ‘Why is he with Nahyun? What are they doing together?’ Yoongi just realized he missed the beat. He forgot all the lyrics he wrote. He couldn’t move his lips.

Yongguk got off from the chair, watching Yoongi on the stage. He wasn’t doing anything. “What the is he doing?”

“What is this?”

“Why he isn’t rapping?”

“What’s going on?”

Yoongi leaved the mic and ran off from the stage.

Nahyun got off from her chair too and ran towards the backstage. Yongguk followed her behind. She asked people around and they said he ran outside. They both went out and saw Yoongi leaning against the wall, playing with his ring. Nahyun let out a relieve sigh.

“Yoongi!” Nahyun ran to him and hugged him for a while. She pushed his shoulder to take a look at Yoongi’s face. Yoongi was still looking down on his feet. He was so embarrassed. He never forgot his lyrics. That was his first time. Nahyun took off his snapback. “Are you okay?”

“No.”

“What’s wrong?” she tried to catch his eyes. But he kept avoiding it. He turned his head away. He was mad and ashamed. He leaned back on the wall, still playing with his ring. Yongguk walked to Nahyun and pulled her back a bit. Nahyun looked up and saw him shook his head gently. She leaved both of them alone.

“What the was that?” Yongguk putted his hands in his pocket, looking at Yoongi. He was still looking down on the ground.

“I was expecting a lot.” He said slowly. It’s been a long time since they both talk about something like this. Yoongi pushed his shoulders against the wall. He stood up still, glaring at Yongguk.

“Let’s have a battle.” Yoongi said straightly. Yongguk’s eyes widened. Yoongi walked to him, standing in front of him. “Scared?”

Yongguk clenched his fists. Yoongi walked pass by him and gave him a slight smirk. He told the crews about it. Most of them were excited. Yongguk followed him behind. He chose the beat they were going to play. One of the crew gave the DJ the news. He grabbed a mic “We have a little surprise tonight,” the crowds were shouting happily. Nahyun took a seat back at the same chair. She had no interest at all at the news.

“GLOSS vs Jepp Blackman. Jepp Blackman vs GLOSS. We’ll begin the battle!” The DJ dropped the mic as soon he said it. Nahyun looked up when she heard the name. Her jaws were dropped as soon she saw Yoongi and Yongguk appeared. One of the crew tossed a coin and Yoongi got to start first.

 

YES. Look down on me like that.

It’s my hobby to prove you wrong.

I’m killa Jack the rapper. While you are the Jepp*(see at the explanation part ;))

Look carefully I’m in the majors, jealous? Hey chaser

I think it’s too much for you to follow so just stay there.

Uh my skills become a controversy, it’s too early to draw something.

It must be nice being the king of the girls, but lemme tell you something’

You’ll never get that girl,” Yoongi pointed at Nahyun while looking deeply into Yongguk’s eyes. The crowds looked at the girl Yoongi pointed just now. Nahyun hid her face with her bag ‘What the is he thinking?!’

Yongguk cleared his throat and wait until he found a beat to start with.

If i’m the Jepp* then you’re the Jack.

Yeh

Being the king is the best feel in this world

I could control every single of you with just a word

If i’m the Jepp then you’re full of lack

Doing this ing battle ain’t stop me

I do what i gotta do

Are u the king? NO

Are u the Jepp? NO

So get the off from here’

 

‘Listening to your rap make me wanna throw up

Everytime i looked at my lyrics I saw your smirk

Enough with what you took from me

Fix your attitude before you control me

I do what I gotta do, yeah right

I laughed at your words

Stop the bull that you spit around

Everyone knows how wild you are with girls, right?

So get the off from ‘her’’

 

Yongguk tightened his fists. The DJ stopped the beat when Yoongi walked off from the stage. He gave the mic to one of the crew. The crowds were shouting loudly. They felt the thrill between them. Yongguk ran after him. Nahyun ran to the backstage too.

Yongguk caught Yoongi’s shoulder. He made him turned his body facing Yongguk. He panted a bit. Yoongi just looked at him in silent. Nahyun saw both of them beside the exit door. She walked toward them. “What was that?” Nahyun asked as soon she stood in between them, looking at both of the guys.

Yoongi looked away when Nahyun appeared. Yongguk moved his hand from Yoongi’s shoulder. He looked down on his feet. “Stand straight.” Nahyun said in a strict tone. Both of them stood straight, looking up. Nahyun crossed her both arms on her chest.

“You guys were childish on the stage just now, you guys know that right?” She stared at both of the guys.

“Yes.” They both answered slowly. Yoongi moved his eyes down on his feet, feeling ashamed. He found it childish too. But he feels satisfy when he finally got to say those things. Nahyun let out a heavy sigh. She’s sick of this, the quarrel between them.

“Could both of you just stop with this thing? Aren’t you guys tired?” Nahyun looked at both of them. They were avoiding her gaze. She clapped her hands and both of them startled. “Did you guys listen with what I just said?” Nahyun raised her left eyebrows. Yongguk nodded slowly. Yoongi looked away when she moved her eyes to him.

“Min Yoongi,”

“What?” he answered in annoying tone. He turned his head and met with her eyes. It was full of disappointment. Nahyun let out another sigh. The three of them were silent for a while. Hayoung appeared out of nowhere. She poked Nahyun’s arm when she saw them silent. “What happened?”

Nahyun glared at the guys that were still standing still in front of him. She put her hands on her hips “Please behave like an adult, stop being childish. I don’t want to see you guys having another battle. Understand?”

“Yes,” they both answered at the same time. She moved her eyes to Yongguk.

“Yoongi you can go now. Yongguk, I need to talk to you.”

Yoongi looked up, meeting eyes with Nahyun. His eyes widened. He immediately grabbed Nahyun’s hand, not letting it go. “Now, Yoongi. Go.” She said again with her high voice. Yoongi slowly letting her hand go. He looked down on his feet before walked away from them. She turned her head and saw Hayoung was still standing there. “Can you wait here Hayoung? I need to talk with him.”

“Sure. Call me when you are done,” Hayoung gave her a small smile. Nahyun asked Yongguk to follow her to a quiet place. They stopped in front of a shop. Nahyun looked around them to make sure Yoongi was not around.

“What is it?” Yongguk smiled sheepishly. His heart was beating fast. His hands were cold but his face was hot.

“About what you said in the hospital,” Nahyun stopped for a while. She was trying to find a word

“Yeah?”

“I was surprised to be honest.” She chuckled a bit. Yongguk chuckled with her, rubbing his back neck. Nahyun took a deep breath and looked up. Her eyes met with Yongguk’s.

“You know, I just knew you months ago. I like you too. Just as friend. It’s fun friending with you. You are kind and sweet and rude sometimes. I like your voice too. It’s deep and husky. I was surprised when I heard your voice for the first time.” She giggled at the end of her words. Yongguk nodded slowly.

“I understand,” Yongguk smiled widely. He showed her his gums. Nahyun smiled in return “You do?” she held his both hands and jumped around.

“I will wait until you like me as a guy. I need to go now. See you later!” He bowed his head to Nahyun and ran away. Nahyun stopped jumping and her jaws dropped. “Wait! No! I didn’t mean that!” she shouted loudly. Yongguk was already far away. Nahyun scratched her head in confusion.

---

They both hoped out from the elevator. Namjoon dragged along the suitcase with him. Yoongi was still with his phone, talking with his dad.

“No. It’s okay. Tell mom don’t send any food here. I’m fine here.” He smiled when his dad keep asking him if it’s okay to not send the food. His dad gave the phone to his mom. She started to ask why he doesn’t want the food.

“No, it’s very delicious. I just don’t want to trouble you to send it here. It’s quite far. I will visit you guys on Christmas, okay?”

After few words, he hung up the phone. Namjoon looked up at him. “So you’re going to go home this Christmas?”

“It seems like that. Oh thanks by the way, for helping me with this ing big suitcase,” Yoongi kicked his suitcase.

“Nahh, I want to know where Hayoung lives.” Namjoon walked straight to Yoongi’s new house. Yoongi ran after him and locked his head. “Eyy you like here don’t you?” he ruffled his hair. Namjoon grunted in annoyed. He pushed Yoongi’s body to let his head off from Yoongi’s arm.

“I’ll not let you go until you say you like her,” he kept ruffling Namjoon’s hair. Namjoon dropped Yoongi’s suitcase and pushed his body to escape from his arm. “Say it!”

“Okay, okay! I like Hayoung! There! I say it,” Yoongi finally let his head off. Namjoon fixed his hair and looked up. He saw Hayoung standing by the door. Yoongi laughed out loud. He picked up his suitcase and walked towards the door. He saw Hayoung’s cheeks became so red. “Co... come... in...” she said in a very slow tone. Namjoon nodded slowly. He pushed his sunglasses with his middle finger.

Yoongi stepped in the house. He took his shoes off immediately and dragged in the big suitcase. Namjoon followed him behind. His cheeks were still red. He cursed in silent.

“Oh hi,” Nahyun appeared with her messy hair. Sweats were still dripping on her forehead and her temples. Her sleeves were perfectly rolled up on her elbows. Her hair was tied up high in ponytail. Yoongi gave her a small smile.

“You can put your bag in the room. I just finished putting the bed sheet, curtain and stuffs.” Nahyun walked to the fridge to have some water. feels a bit dry. Yoongi dragged his suitcase to his new room. Namjoon followed him behind.

“Woah, the room is so small. Lucky, you are small too.” Namjoon walked in and sat on his bed. He bounced a bit. Yoongi sent him a death stare. He looked out at the window. The view is kinda nice too. He could see the street and buildings from here.

They both turned their heads to the door when they heard a knock. Hayoung stood there with a sheepish smile. “We ordered food,”

All four of them sat at the living room looking at black bean noodles (jajangmyeon) on the table. They opened the plastic wrap. Hayoung and Nahyun put their hands together “Thanks for the food,” and they started to digging in. Yoongi chuckled a bit. He pulled the chopsticks a part.

“Oh I’m going to Daegu this Christmas. Do you wanna come along?” Yoongi asked with his mouth full with noodles. He picked the radish and stirred it with his noodles.

“Visiting your parents?”

“Yeah. My mom keeps asking me to come home.”

“I don’t think I’ll go back there. I have to work on Christmas.” Nahyun picked another yellow radish and shoved it into .

“That’s too bad. We could go together you know,” Yoongi gave her a small smile. Nahyun looked down on her food. Hayoung turned her head to Nahyun when she suddenly silent. She saw a tear fell on her bowl. Hayoung putted down her chopsticks, widening her eyes. “Nahyun...” she called her slowly. Another tear fell down.

Yoongi and Namjoon that were arguing over a last radish stopped when Hayoung hugged Nahyun’s shoulder. Yoongi flustered when he saw tears on her cheeks. “Wha... what’s wrong?” He also putted down his chopsticks and moved his seat next to Nahyun. Namjoon ran to the fridge to take a glass of water. Nahyun shook her head slowly. He wiped her tears away with his sleeve. Namjoon hand her a glass of water.

“Are you okay?” Hayoung asked when she was calm a bit. Nahyun nodded her head slowly. She looked up and smiled at three of them. “I bit my tongue,” she showed her tongue at the three of them. Namjoon sit back in relieve. He was too shock.

Yoongi rolled his eyes around. He moved his seat back to the original pace and continued his eating. Hayoung was still looking at her. “Are you sure?”

Nahyun nodded again. She continued eating the leftover. Hayoung let out a small sigh. ‘You are not strong.’

“When will you go to Daegu?”

“I’m not sure. Why?”

“Can I come along?”

“How about your work?”

“It’s okay. I’ll ask my boss about it.”

Yoongi nodded his head. Namjoon was already finished his noodles. He putted the plastic bowl in the rubbish can. “Do you have beer or something?” He opened the fridge’s door and peeked in it. Hayoung swallowed the noodles in “No. Nahyun don’t drink alcohol so rule number one is no alcohol in this house,” she moved her eyes to Yoongi. She took out her finger out.

“Number two, always wear shirt in this house.” Hayoung putted out her middle finger. Nahyun nodded along while eating her noodles.

“Number three, no loud music.”

“Number four, no movies, videos or stuffs like that.”

“Number five, you only can bring Namjoon to come over. No other guys. Got it?” Hayoung raised her eyebrows, looking deeply into Yoongi’s eyes. Nahyun pointed at Yoongi “You can drink outside. Not in the house.”  Yoongi nodded slowly. Namjoon laughed when he heard all the rules. He patted on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“Good luck on surviving with these rules,” he whispered on Yoongi’s ear. Yoongi hit lightly on Namjoon’s stomach. He’s fine with the rules. Nahyun gathered all the plastic bowls and whipped the table with tissues. She went straight to the rubbish can.

“So I can come over anytime right?” Namjoon looked at Hayoung that was sitting on the chair with her legs up. She blushed a bit. Namjoon looked away when he saw her cheeks were red. Yoongi shook his head gently and smiled. He turned his head to the small kitchen. Nahyun was still washing her hands. She then went straight to her room. Yoongi stood up and followed her behind.

“There is no rule like ‘can’t enter others rooms’, right?” Yoongi asked as soon he arrived at Nahyun’s room’s door. Nahyun turned her body and shook her head slowly. “Why?”

Yoongi stepped in her room and locked the door behind him. “Just asking,” he sat on her bed and looked up at Nahyun’s face.

“I need to change my shirt. Can you please?” Nahyun walked to her closet to take out a new shirt. Yoongi land down on his elbow, still watching her from behind. Nahyun turned her body and saw Yoongi was still watching her.

“Go on. We used to exchange shirts, remember? We even used a bathtub together.” Yoongi chuckled a bit. Nahyun’s lips curved into a smile. The old memories when they were young hit her hard.

“That was when we were so little. We are grown up right now,” she punched his shoulder softly. He sat up straight and asked Nahyun to sit beside him. She sat beside him, looking at him. He pulled up his legs and crossed it. “I miss the old us,”

“Yeah, me too.” Nahyun looked down on her feet. She clenched her fists on her thighs as the old memories hit her. The bad one and the good one. The one that she wanted to forget. The one that she wanted to keep.  Suddenly a fluid fell on her fist.

Yoongi turned his head to the left when he heard a sniff. Another tear fell on her thigh. Yoongi became flustered once again. He didn’t know what to do with the awkward situation. He hugged her both shoulders. ‘Did... did I say something wrong?’

Nahyun wiped the tears on her cheeks with her hand. She sniffed again. He bent down a bit to take a look at her face but she looked away. She wiped the last tear on her chin. She got up from the bed and went straight to the door.

“I’m sorry. I need to change my shirt.” Nahyun was still looking down on her feet. She opened the door for Yoongi. He got up slowly from the bed “Hey, tell me if you have any problem. Okay?” Yoongi stopped for a moment when he reached the door. Her head was still looking down on her feet. Yoongi walked out with a sigh. He closed the door behind him slowly.

Nahyun leaned against the door. The tears that she kept holding fell on her cheeks again. She slid down on the door until she sat on the floor. She held her knees together and put her head on her arms. She bit on her lower lip, trying to not let out any sound.

“Mom...”

 

 


p/s: so you see the * at the Jepp right? Jepp sounds like a baby chicken. it means like he's chicken if you get what i meant. Most of the rap i made it myself lol i took at least 4 days to write it omfg i need to improve my skill at writing. Thank you for the comments :,-) ily guys so much