Chapter 6

What have you done to me ?

“HEEEEEELPPPPP” I shouted out.

“HEEEEEEELLPPP” I shouted as loud as I can. I have been stuck here for already 3 hours, and all I see is trees. I hate nature even more now! And what makes me more angry is that Kwon Jiyong is still just sitting on the ground doing nothing! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

“HEEEELPP” I screamed even louder than last time.

“Will you shut up already?! No one is going to hear you” Jiyong exclaimed in annoyance.

“Well atleast Im trying something! All you are doing is sitting there staring at nothing!” I shouted getting more angry.

“Relax we won’t be here forever they are going to find us eventually” he said. And so calm too, like he doesn’t even care. What is wrong with this guy?

“Oh yea great, good idea! Lets just sit here and wait for some miracle!” I said sarcastically and sat down in front of him.

“That’s your idea right Kwon Jiyong? Lets just sit here infront of each other and try to bond!” I said sarcastically.

He looked at me with wide open eyes.

“Whatever just leave me alone” and he turned around.

I couldn’t keep in my anger anymore, why is he being so mean to me, what have I done to him for him to hate me to such a level.

“Look Kwon Jiyong! Why do you hate me so much? What have I possibly done for you to hate me?” I asked. No response. His back still facing me.

“Fine don’t tell me, like I would care” I said annoyed and turned my back to his back. I heard him sigh. I was hoping he would say something, anything. But nothing came out. He didn’t say a word, and neither did I. We sat there in silence, our cold backs facing each other. Time passed by. The only thing you could hear was rattling of leaves because of the wind.

“Look I apologies” he suddenly said. What did he just say? Did he just apologies? But why?

“It’s just-”he paused for a second. “I'm angry at my parents for bringing me here, I hate it here although I have only been here for a week” he said. He stopped talking. I heard him sniff. Is he crying?

“It’s not that bad of a place, why would you hate it this much?” I asked but our backs still facing each other.

“I would rather not talk about it” Jiyong said.

“You know you are never going to feel any better if you don’t tell anyone or talk about it” I said trying to get something out of him.

He sighed. “My parents came here because of me” Jiyong said. “why?’ I asked.

“Because--” Jiyong started but from a short distance we heard someone shout.

“Jiyong! Dara! Where are you two?” A loud voice screamed. We looked up surprised.

“It’s our family! Finally!” I said cheerfully.  Got up and pulled Jiyong up and started running towards the voice. “Heeerreeee!’ I screamed as loud as I can. Jiyong was running right behind me. As we started approaching the voice I saw that it was Jiyong’s mother.

“Mrs kwon!” I screamed approaching her. I never thought I would be this happy to see his mother. I jumped on her and hugged her tight.

“Where have you two gone! Didn’t you see the sign that leads you to the waterfalls?” Jiyong’s mom exclaimed.

“Nice to see you too mom” Jiyong said coldly.

Oh I forgot he was about to say something. What could It be? Why would hate his parents for bringing him here? I looked him in the eye but he was trying his best to avoid my eyes. I guess I’ll ask him again when were alone again. We started going back to the cabin.

 

*nigh time of 1st day camping*

Jiyong and my parents thought it was a good idea to make a fire and sit next to it outside. So here we are, trying to sing a camp song but it keeps getting worse.

“Can we just stop and call it a night?” I said trying to make them stop singing. “Ever since we got here all you have been doing is nag Sandara! Just relax and enjoy a bit!” my mother nagged.

“Whatever I’m going over to sit in front of the lake” I stood up and left. I sat on a rock and watched the water move. It finally felt peaceful, this day was so weird. First getting lost, then the struggle to build up a fire, and now the horrible camping songs. Finally I feel peace. Worst of all, Jiyong has been avoiding me so I won’t ask him what he meant earlier. I guess its some big secret he doesn’t want anyone to know. I was so deep in thoughts, that I did not notice Mrs Kwon came to sit next to me.

“I wonder what you are thinking about?” Mrs Kwon said. I jumped from surprise. “Mrs Kwon! When did u get here u scared me!” I said putting my hand on my heart. “Relax I came here only a few seconds ago” She said. “Oke then” I said. She looked towards the lake but did not say anything for a few minutes. I didn’t either, I thought she might be thinking of something.

“Can I ask you something Dara?” She started. “Sure Mrs Kwon” I said. She looked at me. “Has Jiyong told you anything?” She asked. “What do you mean Mrs Kwon?” I asked surprised. “Nothing I thought he might have” She said. What is Jiyong hiding that no one wants to tell me? “He did say something in the woods but he didn’t finish, can’t you tell me Mrs Kwon?” I asked. “No I shouldn’t, he just doesn’t want to ever talk about it so I thought he might have told you” she said.

 Seriously what is with these people? Say it or don’t say it why are you making me this dizzy. From now on im just going to forget it all, they just want to get me a headache.

“I’ll Leave first, my head hurts so I'm going to sleep” I said getting up and leaving. I headed back into the cabin. Everyone was still singing horrible songs, but Jiyong was missing from them.

 Wait I can ask him maybe now! I looked around for him but didn’t see him. So I went inside the cabin to see if he was in there, and he was standing there in front of the fridge looking for a drink possibly.

I approached him and stood behind him with my arms crossed. he possibly didn’t notice me because he was still looking at the fridge. I smirked. He finally turned around and when he saw me he jumped in surprise.

“What the-” he jumped in surprise and spilled his drink all over his shirt. “Spit it out Kwon” I said smirking. “Spit out what?” he said while wiping the water off his shirt. “You know what I mean Jiyong” I said. “Can I just change my shirt first?” he said. “it’s just water it’s not going to eat you” I said annoyed.

 

He chuckled “You are that curious?” he said. “Well you have been a total douche bag to me so I think you owe me that” I said looking serious. He sighed. “Well what do you want to know?” he said. “Why did you say your parents came here because of you?” I said. “It’s a long story Dara” he said probably trying to avoid the question. “I got time, I'm stuck in this cabin for another 24 hours so I'm completely free!” I said sarcastically.

 

“Why don’t we sit down first since it’s a long story” he said. I agreed and followed him towards the sofa and sat down. “My- my girlfriend committed suicide 2 months ago” he said looking down. Oh my god. What? That is awful!

 

“Oh my God! But why?” I asked looking at him worriedly. “Because of the other girls in her class, which is the reason why I hated talking to other girls these days” he said. I could see that he was trying to hold back his tears. “They kept calling her names like ugly, fat, useless all these names” he said. “She didn’t have anyone by her side either, no one in the whole school, everyone hated her” he said still looking at the ground.

 

“But I don’t understand, why would everyone do that to her?” I asked. “its because she did one mistake she regretted all her life” he said. “What was her mistake ?” he stopped talking for a few minutes, and I let him because it is a hard topic to talk about.