chapter 10

What have you done to me ?

*BACK TO REALITY*

 

 

[DARA’S POV]

 

 

[Blink, blink]

 

What? WHAT IS THAT FOR A FREAKING STORY?

 

I sat there staring into empty space, taking in what I just listened to. I felt so guilty all of a sudden. Jiyong has been through so much and what I cared about is why he was such a douche bag.

 

“I'm sorry Jiyong, I had no idea” I said while placing my hand on Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

“It’s alright, I have to apologize, you had nothing to do with it and I was being a total douche bag” he said smiling. His smile felt so warm, it made me feel butterflies in my stomach. I smiled back at him.

 

“Let’s go out right now, they are probably singing cheesy camp songs. You wouldn’t t want to miss that!” I said trying to lift up the atmosphere.

 

“Haha alright lets sing along” Jiyong said chuckling.

 

 

*2nd day of camping*

 

I woke up the next morning with a sore neck. Another thing I love about camping, getting sore necks and sleeping uncomfortably. I couldn’t sleep all night, one reason was the bed was so uncomfortable. It was basically sleeping on a pile of needles. The other was I couldn’t stop thinking about Jiyong. I want to help him feel better or get over Chaerin, but that is never going to be easy. I finally got out of my room and headed towards the living room. I shielded my eyes quickly as I got to the living room, why is it so bright.

 

“Morning sleepy head” I heard someone say. Puzzled I look down, seeing Jiyong already up sitting on the sofas.

 

“Morning Jiyong” I said back rubbing my eyes. “Just call me Ji, Jiyong is so damn long” he said sipping on his drink.

 

“Alright will do” I said and shifted my attention to the busy kitchen.

 

Mom is wearing this hideous apron and is so focused into making whatever she is making perfect, she didn’t notice that I am awake. Mrs Kwon is frying eggs and bacon for breakfast I guess.

 

I felt my stomach rumble just smelling the kitchen’s scent; I sat down at the small wooden dining table located in the kitchen.

 

“Good Morning Mom and Mrs Kwon” I said trying to catch my mother’s attention.

 

“Oh Dara your up! Tell me, do u like your eggs with salt or sugar?” Mrs Kwon asked me exited.

 

“Salt is fine thank you, I'm starving actually” I said still waiting for my mother to turn to me. She finally did and turned her attention to me.

 

“Sandara your up, why do you sleep so long on vacations?” my mom asked me.

 

“Mom what are you making there?” I asked ignoring her question. “Just soup for us!” She said with a smile.

 

“Alright how long are you going to cook I want to eat!” Jiyong said annoyed while sitting next to my seat.

 

“I'm done don’t be so impatient Jiyong” Mrs Kwon said back. She put two plates of bacon and eggs for us and my mom poured us some soup and orange juice.

 

“Eat up! You’ll need some energy for today so finish your whole plate” My mother stated to Jiyong and I.

 

“Why? What are we doing today?” I asked while sipping on my juice.

 

“We are going to take out the boat to go fishing today!” Mrs Kwon said excited.

 

“But why, can’t we swim in the lake or do something else instead” I head Jiyong said.

 

“Don’t be so grumpy Jiyong; you never even tried fishing before” Mrs Kwon said to her son annoyed.

 

“What? You all haven’t been fishing before? My husband and the kids used to go every other month” My mother said. “Sandara is a real expert!” my mother pulled thumbs up on me.

“Great then, Sandara can teach Jiyong how to do it then! Now hurry up with your breakfast were goin to leave in an hour” Mrs Kwon said.

 

I just shrugged my shoulders and sighed. I like fishing, but I don’t know why I don’t feel like doing it today, it looks like its 100 degrees outside.

 

--------------------------

 

*In the boat at the middle of nowhere*

 

I turn left, I see water, and I turn right I see water. I go back I see water, I go front I see water. Ughh I was getting so dizzy, wherever I turn there is nothing but water! I took out the fishing rod from the bag, and set it all up till it was complete.

 

“Ahh how do u set up this stupid thing!”someone hissed.

 

I looked up confused, noticing Jiyong having trouble setting up his fishing rod.

 

“This piece is supposed to go here, and then connect the line this way” I said showing him how to do it. After I set it up, I handed it over to him.

 

“Thanks, want to try using it now?” Jiyong said walking over to the edge of the boat.

 

We threw our line in the ocean, and waited patiently for the line to be caught up. Jiyong and I sat in silence, it felt awkward rather. I didn’t know what to say, and probably he didn’t either.

 

“So do you like fishing, do you catch a lot?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

 

“I don’t really like it because of all the waiting, but dad used to take us a lot because he loved it, so I do tag along” I explained and Jiyong nodded.

 

“I' mean c’mon, why would I want to wait so long just to kill an animal I don’t even like to eat?” I joked and Jiyong laughed.

 

“That is exactly what-” before he could finish his sentence his fishing rod started shaking. “Oh my god you got one! Quick pull up the rod!” I almost screamed. We have been here for an hour and finally someone got something!

 

“It’s so strong what am I supposed to do!” Jiyong panicked.

 

“Here give it to me ill pull it up for you and show you how in the process” I proposed putting my hand on the rod.

 

“Are you sure it’s really strong somehow” Jiyong said struggling to hold the rod.

 

“Trust me just hand it over” I said and Jiyong handed it over to me. “See you have to pull the line like- Whoa” I said and I splashed into the deep blue sea. The fish was so strong I couldn’t hold it at all.

 

“Sandara where are you are you alright!” I heard Jiyong panicking. I quickly swam back up and gasped for my breath.

 

“What in gods name was that” I said surprised, this is the first time something like this has happened to me. I felt so embarrassed as Jiyong pulled out his arm to help me up. I was trying to teach him and I landed myself in the water, just great.

 

When I finally got back on the boat, I couldn’t face Jiyong. Ahh I feel so embarrassed that happened. I heard Jiyong chuckle so I looked up confused.

 

“You can handle it huh Dara-shi” he laughed and put a towel around my shoulders. “Ah shut up I didn’t know that this would happen!” I got mad and sat on a small wooden bench.

 

 

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, and I daren’t touch that cursed fishing rod again. My brother and Mr Kwon caught quiet a lot, so we had a feast of fish. Great I can’t even look forward to dinner now. As we got back to the cabin, the boys all started the barbecue and grilled up the fish. Fish fresh out of the sea!

 

I sat facing the ocean while the towel was still wrapped around me. I am dry by now but I felt a little cold so I kept it on. After a while I sensed someone sat next to me, when I checked it was Jiyong.

 

“Hey how do you feel now? Are you still wet or shook up?” He asked.

 

“No I'm good but the embarrassment hasn’t faded away yet” I said disappointed.

 

“Ha-ha don’t be, I shouldn’t have passed it on to you so fast, sorry I was panicking for a short time” Jiyong apologized.

 

“Well it’s going to scar me for life” I joked.

 

“The stars look amazing today” I heard him sigh. “I used to stargaze with Chae all the time”

 

“I wonder how she was like” I uttered. “You would have liked her, you remind me of her, you have that same I have to help or I can’t live with myself spirit” Jiyong joked. I laughed. “She must have been a great person then” I said smiling to Jiyong.

 

“Yeah, since you remind me of her, let’s star gaze together then shall we?” Jiyong proposed. I nodded, and we spent the whole night connecting stars and comparing them to different shapes. This trip turned out completely different then I thought, but I felt weird too. I felt this weird connection with Ji that I haven’t felt with anyone before.