Chapter VI: Pilot Episode Part 2

Behind-The Scene Heroes

Even though my bathroom duties have been relieved, I still stay inside the bathroom for a while. I run my fingers through my hair, trying to lighten up the tension inside me. The absurdity of me watching EXO’s Showtime with EXO is killing me. If you anyone told me yesterday that I’ll be living with EXO, I wouldn’t believe them, but maybe stay up all night, wondering what if I did live with my EXO.

 

Yah! I’m so confusing! I really shouldn’t be allowed to be alone with my thoughts. The boys are pretty normal, totally not what I expected before I met them. I’m actually proud of myself since I haven’t exploded into a pile of dust after so much interaction with my babies.

 

I can feel the heat inching from my neck, into my face. I wonder how much self-control Chanyeol has. I mean, how do you not blush when Baekhyun is around? Well, considering that BaekYeol is real, and we all know that it is.

 

Yah! This is another thing that’s so hard to do—trying to supress my feels when they’re all over the place. I have grown so accustomed to always seeing Kai and Kyungsoo together that it feels weird when they’re not. My KaiSoo. Ugh. How do I uninstall these feels?

 

Another thing that concerns me is that I use my “powers” so frequently since yesterday. I remember small, unexplainable flames before during my past birthdays. I used to just blow them out, making a wish before I do. Never have I imagined that those “innocent” fires are because of me.

 

And now I’m using it as if it’s second nature. Like I’ve always known how to utilize these pyro-abilities. I blame the boys for being so comfortable with themselves. It’s contagious! So far, I’ve seen them use their abilities to do everyday stuff.

 

I shake my head, not wanting to overthink things. But how can I not overthink this?! Yah! I scream, looking for a release for my frustration. This is better than burning the house down. I open the bathroom door, wanting to escape my thoughts.

 

Tao is standing in front of the bathroom door. His room with Kris is across the hallway. “Is there something wrong?” he asks, his eyes wide, his stance ready for action.

 

“I’m okay,” I sigh, reverting back to my comfortable-around-EXO-and-not-a-fangirl self. “You can stow your time powers now.”

 

Tao walks back with me to the living room, his hands placed on the back of his head. “I haven’t really used my powers. It .”

 

“Wait.” I stop mid-stride, facing Zitao. “Then, how do you know that you have powers?”

 

“My mom told me. She has the same capabilities. She said that’s why she knows when there’s a change in the time continuum,” he explains to me. “She said I first used it when I broke my leg in wushu practice before, though I never broke my leg. But I did feel a strong sense of déjà vu on that day, like I’ve been there before but not quite.”

 

“So, does that always happen when you get hurt?” I ask, curious about Tao’s time warping abilities.

 

“Mom said that I went back, though I didn’t know it. I unconsciously prevented my leg from breaking because I knew what would happen,” he answers. “Then, I returned to my proper timeline, my leg unharmed. Dr. McLaren gave me books about it, actually. I can go back, do something, and maybe change the outcome. But I can only go back to times I remember. Even if I wanna see dinosaurs, I can’t because I wasn’t born yet.”

 

“Shame. I would definitely go with you to see a pterodactyl.” I grin.

 

“My training would be knowing when I’m in the past, and noticing changes in the time continuum,” he tells me, leading me into the living room.

 

“Are you alright?” Sehun asks as Tao and I approach the living room. Yah! He was worried about me!

 

“We heard you scream,” Xiumin tells me, placing his hand on my shoulder. My insides melt at the contact.

 

“For all we know that might be Tao,” Baekhyun interrupts before I can even answer Sehun and Xiumin. He places his arm around Tao’s shoulders.

 

“Yah! Some friend you are!” Tao glares at Baekhyun, pouting.

 

“Sit!” Chen commands us five. We obey, sitting down on the floor.

 

“Robin,” Lay calls me, handing me the bowl of fried rice that Kyungsoo made for me. Half of it is gone, eaten by the boys.

 

Chen presses Play on the remote and the show continues.

 

Chanyeol read the question. The fans were asking how much Suho has in his wallet. Suho has always been dubbed as the richest member of EXO. The others claim that he buys nice things for them all the time.

 

D.O. grabbed the wallet from Suho when Suho took it out. He examined the design of the wallet, showing the skull design.

 

“Tch,” Tao reacts. “It’s a cool design!” Apparently, Suho’s wallet was a gift from Zitao.

 

“It’s a cool design!” Baekhyun mimics Tao’s whiny voice, making all of us laugh. I pat Tao’s shoulders.

 

On the show, Kyungsoo opens Suho’s wallet, revealing his money. There was only 10,000 won.

 

“You only carry $10 with you?” I ask Suho, converting won into dollars.

 

“I only need one card,” he replies—the same thing he said during the show.

 

I roll my eyes. “That’s in Korea, Junmyoon,” I counter him. “As you can see, you won’t be studying in Korea.”

 

“She has a point, Junmyoonie,” Baekhyun says, copying me when I stupidly called Suho ‘Junmyoonie’ on the first time I talked to him.

 

“Can I see your wallet?” I ask Suho, smirking.

 

He narrows his eyes at me but smiles immediately, rummaging his pocket for his wallet. This might be one of the perks of living with EXO. I get finances from $$$uho Mama.

 

On the show, Kyungsoo threw Suho’s wallet on the table after inspecting it and only finding 10,100 won.

 

“Rude,” I mutter before eating a spoonful of fried rice. I hand Lay the bowl again. Suho lends me his wallet, and I open it.

 

“What the actual. Why do you have $500?” I ask Suho incredulously.

 

“We’re not in Korea,” he answers, his grin wide.

 

“Are you a drug lord? A mafia leader? Don’t tell me I just joined a gang,” I say, closing his wallet and giving it back to him.

 

“You should ask for something, Een,” Luhan cajoles me. I notice that he’s sitting beside Sehun and my heart skips a beat. “He might buy something for us when he buys yours.”

 

“Will you buy me something?” I wiggle my eyebrows at Suho.

 

“Is there anything you want?” he asks willingly. Yah! The fandom always dream of gifts given by Suho. I can’t believe I might get one!

 

“An EXO—” I stop midsentence. Yah! My automatic answer is always EXO merchandise. I slap myself mentally for being unable to filter what I say.

 

“You want our selcas?” Baekhyun teases me.

 

I throw a pillow at him. “Shut up, Bacon.” I roll my eyes.

 

“Baekhyun!” he scolds me. People always refer to him as ‘Bacon’.

 

The show shifted to a concert, with EXO and other SMEnt artists backstage. I stifle “aww”s that are bubbling inside of me.

 

“Aww~” I swoon, unable to control my feels anymore. “You’re so cute, Xiumin!” They did a close-up interview of him, showing his single-eyelid eyes.

 

“Oh?” he says, surprised by what I said. “Thank you, Een.” Xiumin grins, flashing me a wide smile.

 

“See! He’s cute, not hot!” Kris butts in, standing up from the couch, pointing his index finger at me.

 

“Dude! Have you seen Minseok rap? He is so. Hot. Ugh.” I tell Kris. He smirks and realization dawns on me. My eyes widen. I bury my face on Lay’s shoulder, blushing. Lay taps my shoulder.

 

“Can you heal my broken dignity?” I mumble, my voice muffled by his shirt.

 

“It’s fine, Een,” Lay tells me, his tone etched with comfort. I sit up properly, my face cooling down.

 

“Thanks, Robin,” Xiumin thanks me sincerely, his grin unfaltering. I give him a shy smile. I stuff my face with food. Kyungsoo catches my eyes, and he chuckles.

 

We laugh at the description that were given to the boys on the show. Apparently, Kai is the darkest among them. Though I don’t know if that’s a bad thing since all of them look fair to me. They kept calling Tao a namek, those green people in Dragon Ball.

 

“No matter what I do, I always have dark circles,” he complains, exasperated.

 

“You’re already the one who sleeps the most,” Chen tells him.

 

Lay’s dimples are his features. I poke his dimple, making him smile. The members said that Chen looks like a dinosaur with camel eyes. We all laugh, totally agreeing to the accurate description.

 

“Why do you always do this to me?” Chen complains, whining.

 

Baekhyun’s lips from a rectangle when he smiles and laughs. Kyungsoo’s eyes are big, the white part wider than normal. I widen my eyes at him, but he defeats me as he widens his. Chanyeol’s feature is his ears.

 

“Yoda!” Baekhyun shouts, clapping his hand like a seal.

 

I laugh, noticing that Chanyeol really has big ears. The show said he has fairy ears like Yoda from Star Wars. Kris, on the other hand, was just a cold guy and nothing else.

 

“Chicken mania!” Sehun cries as the show continues.

 

The members were telling a story on the show. Apparently, Kai loves chicken a lot. Chen said that Kai once ordered chicken the moment he woke up. Baekhyun backed him up.

 

“Seriously?” I ask Kai who is talking to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo points to me, making Kai face me. “What? What?”

 

“You can eat a whole chicken?!” There have been posts about Kai’s love for chicken but I didn’t know he loves chicken that much.

 

“I can eat three,” he answers, proud as if this is his ultimate talent.

 

On the show, Chen said that Kai ordered three chickens. Baekhyun copied Kai when Kai had chicken delivered the moment the alarm went off and he woke up. The TV rang, displaying another message for EXO. They were challenged to finish one whole chicken each. My heart melts as I see Kai’s genuine ecstasy as he hands out the plates of chicken to his fellow members.

 

“Yah! Now, I want chicken,” Tao complains, stretching his legs.

 

“You want?” Kai asks with an excited glint in his eyes.

 

“Yah. We just ate. Aren’t you full? We ate on the set, then we ate here,” Suho tells them. Jeez. These guys’ appetites are never satisfied.

 

“You even ate some of Een’s dinner,” Kyungsoo scolds them.

 

I look at my unfinished bowl of rice. I offer it to Kai. “I’m not really hungry.”

 

Kai declines my dinner, shaking his head. “I don’t wanna get soil all over myself. You should finish that or else you’ll be covered in soil, too.” He waggles his eyebrows, his eyes pointing at Kyungsoo.

 

“Or you’ll get stoned to death. Not nice,” Chen adds, leaning back into the couch.

 

“Seriously,” Tao says, massaging his left arm, as if remembering a horrible memory. I smirk at Kyungsoo, shaking my head.

 

“Yah. Shut up. I’m watching myself,” Kris reprimands us, his full attention to the TV.

 

The members were eating chicken, all of them except Kris. Suho asked him why he wasn’t eating. ‘Chicken is not my style,’ he answered. The boys roar in laughter as we watch Kris say that chicken is not his style. I wonder briefly what’s so funny. These guys are weird. I look at Lay, my eyes asking, ‘What’s happening?’

 

“Wait for it,” he whispers, stifling his snickers.

 

The members continued eating, asking for the next question as they ate chicken. Eventually, Kris gave in and picked silently on a piece of drumstick. The members noticed, making him freeze mid-chew.

 

I laugh. “Chicken is not my style,” I mimic Kris, even his cold guy facial expression on the show.         as EXO’s Chicken Mania. I notice Sehun, who was putting his chicken into Kyungsoo’s plate. I laugh, pointing at Kyungsoo’s plate.

 

The members noticed that Kyungsoo’s chickens were increasing. Baekhyun asked if Kyungsoo is frying more chicken. Battling for the prestigious title is Kai and Luhan. But the cleanliness of their plates was determined, making Sehun the winner.

 

‘Yehet!’ he said.

 

“Yehet!” the members copy his lisp, laughing.

 

For their next challenge, the boys were asked to do a wink for the fans. My heart beats faster as the challenge sinks in to me.

 

“Yah. Een,” Kris calls my name, chuckling. I roll my eyes at him, grabbing the pillow that Xiumin is holding. I cover the lower part of my face with the pillow.

 

Suho started the challenge, grabbing his glass of water. He drank the water, winking as he did.

 

“Lame,” Baekhyun mutters. “Do you really get lame as you get older?”

 

“Yah! I’m not lame,” Luhan protests.

 

“Neither am I. Suho is just naturally lame,” Xiumin adds, nodding his head.

 

For a moment, I wonder if I’m lame, too, because my ovaries combusted when I watched Suho wink. I definitely wouldn’t pour the drink at him if I were the girl in Table No. 3. I sigh inwardly.

 

Baekhyun winked like a girl, doing a peace sign with all of his aegyo. Yah! So squishy! I briefly look at Baekhyun, and then look away, gripping the pillow to stop myself from pinching Baek’s cheeks. Kyungsoo winked three times, making my heart beat three times faster.

 

Sehun was next. The guys were teasing him because he already winked once during one of their performances. I hold onto Lay’s arm for support, making him chuckle quietly. The members sang the last part of Wolf for Sehun’s wink. The entire whatever fire thing inside of me goes to my face.

 

“Yah,” Lay hisses quietly, making me let go of him. My eyes widen as I realize that I’ve burnt him.

 

I stand up quickly. “I— Sorry!” I bow down and dash to my bedroom. I’ve done enough hurting for today.