Chapter III: Living With The Dreams

Behind-The Scene Heroes

I will my body systems to function properly, but my inner fangirl has taken over and she had a system overload when she opened her eyes and saw Kris. At most, I can walk around, Xiumin towing me around, our hands producing steam.

 

“Hey!” Baekhyun greets us before he takes a bite of the sushi that he is eating.

 

There are only ten chairs on the huge dining table. My heart does a somersault as I see Kai and Kyungsoo sitting together. My KaiSoo! Aww. What I would do to have a camera in my hands right now.

 

I smile inwardly as I realize that I can make an EXO fansite like no other. But my smile quickly fades away as I realize that they are different like me. We are one, indeed.

 

“You can sit here,” Lay tells me as he stands up from his seat, carrying his bowl of noodles. Chen scoots a bit so he and Lay can sit in one chair.

 

“Thank you.” I smile meekly, though my blood pressure is increasing. I take the vacated seat. I’m going to eat dinner with EXO!

 

“Tao, is this seat taken?” Xiumin asks Tao, gesturing at the empty chair beside Tao.

 

Tao swallows his food before answering Xiumin. “Yep. That’s Kris’ place.”

 

“Where is he, anyway?” Suho asks, dipping his sushi in the soy sauce.

 

As if on cue, Kris walks into the kitchen, strutting as if he’s on a runway. Jeez. The fansites are right. Everywhere is a catwalk for this guy. I roll my eyes, denying to myself that Kris makes my ovaries combust.

 

“Don’t I look handsome?” he asks the others, holding up my Kris poster.

 

“Yah! That’s mine!” I stand up, grabbing my poster from him. I scan my poster for any signs of damage. My eyes catch a sight of the damage. A layer of the poster has been peeled off with the washi tape.

 

“WU YI FAN!” I punch Kris’ face, my scorching fist coming in contact with his cheek. I am breathing heavily. I calm myself down. Yah! What am I doing?!

 

“Minseok, Sehun,” I summon the two guys whose jaws have dropped like the others. “Do that ice wind thing.”

 

Xiumin’s hand freezes, turning from flesh into solid ice. Sehun summons a small breeze, directing it to the stunned Kris. Everyone is either looking at Kris’ cheek or at me in stunned silence. I sigh.

 

“Lay, can you please look after him?” I plead, just in case the damage I did is worse than I thought. “I’m sorry,” I tell Kris, bowing down.

 

Then, I run out of the apartment as fast as I could. McLaren will take me back to the ward now. I better enjoy the fresh air while I still can.

 

∞∞∞◊∞∞∞◊∞∞∞

 

I have been walking around the campus for about an hour. My legs are tired, so I sit down on patch of grass. The white-hot heat in my veins a while ago has reduced to a cosy warmth.

 

“Thank goodness, you already stopped,” someone says from behind me. I turn around, my temperature increasing.

 

“Yah!” Kyungsoo holds his hands up, his eyes wide. I didn’t know his eyes can get bigger.

 

“Oh, it’s you,” I say, sighing. “Is Horace McPsychicPants looking for me?”

 

“He will be if you don’t snuff out that,” he tells me, pointing to my left hand.

 

I didn’t realize that I raised it, fired up and ready to fight. I let out a loud exhale, calming my nerves down. This stifles the flame, snuffing it out.

 

“What do you want, Kyungsoo?” I ask him.

 

“Nothing, really,” he answers, sitting down on the patch of grass. He pats the spot beside him and my heart performs a backflip. Oh. My. Freaking. Gee.

 

I sit down beside him and sigh. I look at the night sky and sigh again. There are no stars tonight.

 

“You sigh too much,” Kyungsoo comments, touching the ground. Small pebbles pop out from the ground. “They’re not even sighs of appreciation or happiness. Just sad, sad sighs.”

 

“Shut up or I’ll burn you, D.O.” I roll my eyes. I look at him. If he only knew how much I sighed because of their perfection.

 

He might have sensed that I was looking at him so he looks at me. I feel a blush creep up to my face. He gives me a shy smile.

 

“You should learn how to control your power. It shows all the time,” he tells me. “And your temper, too.”

 

I look away from D.O. I sigh and immediately stop myself. I sense Kyungsoo’s smirk, happy that he has a point on the sighing.

 

“I didn’t mean to hurt Kris,” I mutter quietly.

 

“You really took him by surprise, you know. He can fly away from you but he didn’t think you’d react that way,” he chuckles.

 

“I remember that all of you were shocked,” I respond, rolling my eyes. “Is he okay?”

 

“Yeah, he’ll be fine,” D.O. answers, nodding. “Though, I think you bruised his ego.”

 

“He ruined my Kris poster,” I grumble.

 

“So you burned Kris who ruined your Kris poster,” Kyungsoo says quietly, chuckling afterwards.

 

“What else have you seen?” I place my head between my knees, embarrassed.

 

“Suho told us not to go inside your room anymore,” he tells me. I look at him and he shrugs. I smile.

 

“I didn’t know you can smile.” He bumps his knee to mine. A jolt of electricity flows through me. I blush once again.

 

“Your face is red again,” Kyungsoo says to me. “You need something cold.” He stands up. “Let’s go.”

 

∞∞∞◊∞∞∞◊∞∞∞

 

Kyungsoo and I walk back to the dorm. I am so glad to have survived the squishiness that is humming Do Kyungsoo. His voice is so great to hear, both when singing and when talking. I can talk to him all night if can.

 

“You’re here!” Chanyeol greets us when we enter the dormitory. He isn’t afraid to touch me because he has pyro abilities as well.

 

“Is Kris still awake?” I ask him, worried about Kris. I wonder if he’s mad at me. I am betting all my money that he is.

 

“He’s sleeping,” answers Kai, who is sitting on the sofa, leaning on Chen’s shoulder.

 

“You guys should sleep,” I tell them. They all look tired. They were probably from a concert or something.

 

“We were waiting for you. We want to apologize if we make you uncomfortable,” Suho says as he stands up from the green suede couch.

 

“No. Suho,” I sigh. “I’m the one who should apologize. I.. I don’t know how to control this fire thing. This is a misunderstanding. I shouldn’t be here. I should be in the men—”

 

Suho interrupts me, covering my mouth with both of his hands.The fandom always makes fun of Suho for being short. Now that I have noticed it, he isn’t that short. Well, compared to Kris, of course he is. But seeing him right now face-to-face, he’s taller than me, most probably taller than most of the fandom.

 

“But you’re here, aren’t you? I’ve heard of what happened before you came here.” I bite my lower lip, embarrassed that Suho knows that I’m a killer. “Dr. McLaren told me. I.. I understand. I wish they found you sooner, though.” He gives me a sincere, sympathetic smile, removing his hands from covering my mouth.

 

“I’m not really a candidate to be an SM talent. Never.” I shrug, trying to lighten up the mood. Suho grins and the tension goes away.

 

“Robin,” Chen calls me. I turn around to face him. Yah! This guys never fail to make my heart beat faster every time I see them. “Someone dropped this by while you and D.O. were on a date.”

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at him and then goes to kitchen. My reflex is to immediately look at Kai. He’s chuckling, wagging his eyebrows at me. I make a face and suddenly blush, realizing that I made a face at an EXO member. Chanyeol and Baekhyun snicker. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, red as a tomato. I inhale, shaking my head, calming myself down.

 

I take the bag from Chen. It’s quite heavy. I open it and peer inside. Yah! It’s my laptop and my phone! I take out my phone, ecstatic.

 

“Nice phone case,” Kai tells me, grinning.

 

I turn my phone around in my hand. Yah! It’s my Wolf 88 phone case! I don’t know if I should feel giddy because I saw it again or feel embarrassed because EXO saw it, too.

 

“Shut up or I’ll burn you, Jongin,” I threaten him. I look at Chanyeol and he nods at me subtly.

 

“I can teleport a—”

 

I throw a fireball at Kai spontaneously. Chanyeol catches it before it hits Kai, dissolving it in his hand. Kai is still screaming even after the fire was extinguished. Chen, Suho, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun are laughing their butts off. Kai stops shouting, peering from behind Chen.

 

“You were saying, Kai?” Suho snickers, clasping my shoulder and holding his stomach.

 

“All right, all right,” Kyungsoo says upon entering the living room. He’s holding a bowl of noodles. It’s hot, most likely microwaved. “Lesson learned, Kai?”

 

Kai shakes his head, chuckling. “Yes, yes. Sorry, Robin.”

 

“And my name is Een,” I grumble, rolling my eyes at Kai, but I couldn’t stay mad for long.

 

“Good. Here you go, Een.” Kyungsoo hands me the bowl, encouraging me to eat dinner.

 

I yawn, quickly facing away from the boys. I don’t want them to see my super ugly yawning face. I rub my eyes, then take the bowl of noodles from D.O. “I’ll just bring this to my room and eat it later.”

 

“But it’ll get cold. Hot noodle soup is delicious.” He gives me a smile, coaxing me.

 

I roll my eyes at him, controlling heat to flow into my hands. I look at the bowl and see that the soup is slowly heating up, little bubbles starting to form.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. “Okay, fine. As long as you eat it all when you wake up.”

 

“Sir, yes, sir.” I grin, giving D.O. a military salute. He lets me go, and I take the chance to flee.

 

∞∞∞◊∞∞∞◊∞∞∞

 

I walk as fast as I can to my room. On my way there, the bathroom door opens but I run, not wanting to see whoever he is. I slam the door of my bedroom once I’ve reached my bedroom.

 

I never thought I’d say this, but, wow. I’ve had too much of EXO in a day. And to think it was just a matter of hours. Yah! I set the bowl and my bag down and lean on the door, covering my face with my hands. Aren’t I supposed to be happy? Ecstatic, even? I didn’t sign up for this!

 

I stand up, sighing. What’s the point? I’m already here. They are already here. I shake my head, trying to forget for a second that I woke up with five EXO members in the same room as me. That I blasted Kris with a fireball. That I connived with Chanyeol spontaneously to prank Kai. That I walked with Kyungsoo and heard him sing live and up close. That Suho has been nothing but nice to me. That EXO is just outside my door.

 

I rummage my luggage for pyjamas. I slip my sleeping clothes on. I open my laptop and smile once it loads. My desktop background is still the same. I inserted myself in a photo of EXO. You can actually see that it’s edited because the photo is so HQ and my photo is so meh. I stifle my laughter. I am doing a kissy face at Sehun in this photo.

 

I open my Twitter account. Jeez. I have been in hiatus for more than three months. I browse my timeline and it makes me happy to see my fellow EXO stans again. I catch the sight of my Kris poster. It is neatly taped back on my wall, next to my Tao poster. I decide to apologize to Kris first thing in the morning.

 

@oheenexo

Living the dream? Lol good night guys

 

I close my laptop and set it down the floor. I grab the strawberry pillow and Mozzarella from the closet. I lie down on my bed and look at HunHan. Living the dream? Yah! I’m living with the dreams.