Chapter XI: Fans, Girls, And The Ultimate Fangirl

Behind-The Scene Heroes

The airplane was teleported to the airport in Korea. We stepped out into the hangar, the plane hidden by a gigantic canvas. We’re on our way to the car but it’s really, really difficult to do so. Why?

 

Hundreds of fans are waiting for EXO. Cameras are flashing every second. I bet my Twitter friends, my tlist, is waiting for the previews. I mentally note to myself to check the fansites later for awesome photos.

 

I stay back with Mr. Langdon. I don’t want to be swarmed by the fans, too. Security is already struggling to fend off the fans. I hear hundreds of cameras clicking, capturing random shots of the members. I wonder if I can keep up with this. But then again, I don’t have to.

 

I went to college for a degree. The boys went there to control their powers. With everyone’s eyes on them, they have to be extra careful, thus, their training. My spirits take a nosedive as I realize that I won’t always be with them, but at the same time, I’m okay with it. I go berserk when I’m with the boys.

 

Mr. Langdon escorts me to the car. He gives me black face mask. It’s the same as the ones that EXO wear when they go outside.

 

“You can do it, kiddo. Enjoy the night,” he tells me. He winks before closing the car’s door.

 

The driver hands me a black jacket and cap. I wear both, grabbing the sunglasses beside me. I put it on and I feel like a syndicate, ready to kidnap the boys. I giggle at the idea, knowing that I probably would if I could.

 

 

The fans start to swarm the car. Security guards start to appear, guiding some of the boys. The car door opens and I hear the screaming fans. I roll my eyes at them, and then mentally roll my eyes at myself. I would scream, too, if I haven’t been living with them or if I don’t know that they’re all idiots.

 

I pretend to get something on the floor. Mr. Langdon told me I shouldn’t be spotted by the fans. Well, at least my face shouldn’t be. I’m supposed to be in a rehabilitation school, not in Korea with one of the most famous groups of SM Entertainment.

 

Minseok and Luhan go inside the car, Luhan sitting next to me. He’s wearing a black face mask like mine. Xiumin pulled his mask down, placing it over his neck. He waves to the fans before closing the car door.

 

More fans crowd the car outside, trying to get one last photo of the XiuHan. I bow my head down, concealing my identity even if I’m already heavily disguised. The driver honks two times and the fans give way eventually. Security still had to restrain some of the fans. The car eases out of the airport but fans are still taking photos.

 

“I can’t believe it’s like this every day for you,” I say, shaking my head. I remove the sunglasses.

 

Luhan takes the sunglasses for me and wears them. “We can always have Kai teleport us to places, but he can only teleport to places he’s been too.”

 

“Besides, it’s sort of suspicious if we just appear out of nowhere,” Xiumin adds, removing his face mask.

 

“Point taken,” I tell them. I look out of the window. Girls are still lined up on the streets we’re passing by. They’re probably those who didn’t get inside the airport. “Hey, Minseok. Can I borrow your phone?” I ask him.

 

“Sure. Here.” He hands me his phone. His phone case’s design are little versions of Xiumin’s ice emblem.

 

I slide the my finger on the screen to unlock Minseok’s phone. A selca of Minseok and Luhan greets me once the phone is unlocked. I grin at the wallpaper. I may be a HunHan shipper but I really like XiuHan, too.

 

“Kyeopta,” I say, showing the two of them Xiumin’s home screen.

 

“Yah. That’s a manly selca!” Luhan protests, disagreeing.

 

“Not even close.” I stick my tongue out at Luhan. He roll his eyes at me.

 

“Everyone is turning into eye-rolling Een. Even the ‘yah’,” Xiumin comments, pushing Luhan’s face to the side. He takes his phone from me and I protest.

 

“Yah! I haven’t even used it yet!” I complain, reaching for Xiumin’s phone. Luhan leans on the backrest, giving me room.

 

“Wait!” Xiumin holds his hand up. He swipes his phone with his finger and then, holds it up. He turns his back to us. “Smile!”

 

I automatically do a peace sign, placing my arm over Luhan’s shoulders. Luhan tilts his head, striking a manly pose. Xiumin grins, his eyes crinkling in the corners. He presses the camera icon and the phone captures that awesome moment with XiuHan and me.

 

“XiuHan~” I say, unable to restrain my inner fangirl.

 

“EenXiuHan,” Xiumin corrects me.

 

I feel so welcome with these boys. Here I am, a mere fangirl who does nothing but burn them since Day 1, and yet they still took me in like a 13th honorary member.

 

I smile shyly at them. “Thank you, guys.”

 

“No problemo,” Luhan places his arm over my shoulders. “You’re the new maknae.” He smiles at me.

 

“Yes. Even if you’re so rude,” Xiumin says, wagging his eyebrows at me. He hands his phone back to me and when I unlock it, I see that his wallpaper is our recent selca. A wide grin appears on my fangirl face.

 

I open the browser and type in the fansite I always visit. There are already previews of EXO at the airport. I save some of their photos. I’ll send these to myself later.

 

“So.. Sehunnie, huh?” Luhan startles me as I browse a Sehun fansite. I give him a pointed look and he raises his hands to appease me.

 

“Well, I might as well have him since you already have Xiumin,” I retort, returning to browsing the site. Damn, this guy looks good in sunnies.

 

We drive in silence, with Luhan occasionally singing a few notes here and there. Minseok randomly waves to people outside. I see some of the girls standing catatonically with their mouths agape, as EXO’s Xiumin says hello to them.

 

“Baozi charms, huh?” I grin at him, looking up from my Twitter timeline.

 

My tlist is going crazy. Damn. Jongin really did look hot today. Well, he’s used to teleporting so the ‘trip’ didn’t really upset his stomach, unlike some of us. Fans are worried for Baekhyun, saying he looked pale. I chuckle. If they only knew why,

 

The car stops in front of a building. I’m guessing this is their dorm. There are fans even here, positioning their high-end cameras.

 

“Yah. Fans everywhere. You’re even living with one. Bet you’re sick of it by now,” I sigh, nudging Luhan’s arm. I give Xiumin’s phone back to him.

 

“Nope. Best fan ever. With burning passion,” Luhan replies, grinning at me.

 

“Passion for Sehun,” Xiumin adds, showing Luhan the undeleted Sehun photos I saved in his phone.

 

“Do you really wanna see that burning passion right now?” I ask them, raising my hand in front of me.

 

“Nope. Nope. Nope.” Xiumin unlocks the car door.

 

Luhan removes the sunglasses and places it over my eyes. “Here ya go, baby.”

 

The endearment catches me off guard, and the two of them get out of the car, leaving me shocked. I blush at Luhan’s endearment. I shake my head. How can I hate these guys?

 

∞∞∞◊∞∞∞◊∞∞∞

 

We got off at the back of the building, away from the crowd. The driver and I took the elevator. I got off at the third floor, he got off at the second.

 

“They’re good kids, Ma’am. They may be immature at times, but they’re good people,” he told me before getting off. Yah. Even the drivers love them.

 

I walk down the hallway of the dorm’s third floor. This is where the boys’ rooms are. The walls are designed with cream wallpapers, which has small anchor prints. The floor is covered with dark blue carpet and I see Baekhyun lying down on the carpet.

 

I jog towards him. He opens his eyes sleepily, and I sit down next to him.

 

“Hey. Still sick?” I ask, poking his cheek with my index finger.

 

“Yes,” he groans. He shifts his body upwards, resting his head on my left leg.

 

“Where’s your boyfriend?” I ask him, joking. “Yeol! Yeol!” I call Baek’s boyfriend.

 

He grins groggily, his eyes still closed. “You’re my girlfriend now.”

 

“Shut up, Baek,” I tell him, even if he made me blush.

 

“You’re blushing. You’re suddenly warmer,” he says, ribbing me even if he’s still a bit sick.

 

“What can I say? I’m dazzled by your light,” I play along, shielding my eyes.

 

Baekhyun smiles at me, making his teeth sparkle. I laugh. I didn’t know he can do that. I hit him lightly on the head.

 

“Daebak, huh?” He makes his teeth sparkle once more.

 

“You can do a toothpaste commercial now.” I clap my hands. “Best commercial ever.”

 

“Yes?” Chanyeol arrives, jogging from one of the rooms.

 

“You’re boyfriend,” I answer, pointing at Baekhyun.

 

“Hey, baby,” Chanyeol says as he sits down beside Baekhyun.

 

I giggle, and my giggles suddenly turns into loud laughter. I hit Yeol repeatedly on the arm, and he protects his face from my hands. I scream, unable to wipe the wide, wide grin on my face. I can’t stop shaking my legs, making Baek open his eyes.

 

“What’s happening?” Chen asks, approaching the three of us.

 

I divert my attention to him, hitting him instead of Chanyeol. “He just called him ‘baby’!”

 

I shriek some more. I make weird whale noises, and Jongdae laughs but I couldn’t care less. My BaekYeol! I place my hands on both sides of Baekhyun’s and I continue screaming. He chuckles lazily.

 

“The EXO fangirl in all of her fangirl glory,” Chen announces, nudging my knee with his.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s get Mrs. Park to bed or something,” I tell Chen and Chanyeol, tapping Baek’s head. “Get up, Mrs. Park.”

 

“Yes, Mrs. Byun.” He sits up languidly, his lips forming a sweet, sweet smile. I hit him in the head.

 

“Ow!” he shouts, holding the back of his head. “Sick, remember? Hello!”

 

I can’t bring myself to roll my eyes at him. I’m still giddy from the BaekYeol moment that I just witnessed. Like KaiSoo, they’re one of the original ships that never sank. Ever.

 

“Come on, Mrs. Park.” Chanyeol helps Baekhyun stand up. He places his hand over Baek’s shoulders and flashes a smile at me, as if the two are on a couple photo shoot.

 

I shriek again, hitting Chen’s arms. He helps me stand up, and I repay him with more hitting and more shouting. I yelp, startled by the shock when I hit Chen.

 

“Yah! I wasn’t even burning you!” I protest, raising my hand up, ready to strike back.

 

“You might as well have.” He rolls his sleeve up, showing me his reddish arm.

 

“Oh, gosh. I’m sorry,” I apologize. “I’m really sorry, Jongdae. It’s just.. Look! BaekYeol! My ship! My OTP!” I gesture my hands towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“It’s okay, Mrs. Oh,” he says, teasing me. I poke him on the side, and he places his arm over my shoulders. “But we can’t rest just yet. Our hair needs styling.”

 

The four of us walk into the elevator. Chen presses the button for the fourth floor. The door closes and the elevator ascends. Baekhyun wobbles a bit, but recovers immediately. I guess he doesn’t like teleporting, too. Or maybe he just really ate too much for breakfast. There’s a ding, and the elevator doors open. We step out, and a salon greets us.

 

Kris and Lay are getting their hair washed. Kyungsoo is drying Kai’s hair. Sehun is with Suho, each playing a PSP.

 

“Een!” Tao stands up from the couch where he was browsing his phone.

 

“Hey, Tao,” Chen greets him, squeezing me towards him.

 

Tao gives Chen a death glare, and Chen laughs loudly. I really like hearing Chen’s laugh. There’s genuine joy in his laugh. He lets go of me, pushing me towards Tao.

 

“Yah!” I protest. What is wrong with these guys? I shake my head. “Come on, Panda.” I place my arm over Tao’s shoulder. “I know you need your makeup.”

 

“Hello. I’ll be styling Mr. Huang today,” a woman tells us. “This way, please.”

 

Tao tries to protest, taking me with him. But I push him towards one of the cushioned seats. He hesitates, but he sits eventually.

 

“Hello, Miss Een. I’ll be your stylist today,” another woman says. She’s has brown hair with blonde tips.

 

“Oh. I don’t think I’m part of the styling,” I tell her, giving her a forced smile.

 

She her red lips, and I see her eyes shift, looking somewhere. I run my fingers through my hair, subtly looking at where she’s looking. Or should I say, who she’s looking at. Mss Red Lips is eyeing Oh Sehun who is playing alone. It’s Suho’s turn to get his hair washed.

 

“You know what? Sure. Let’s go. I think we need a lot of things to do to my hair,” I tell her, sweetly and full of my fake, fake smiles.