Bring it on

We Have Been Brave

“Found him!” both N and Leo jumped up.
It was late, an hour after dinner and the two of them had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room, but the voice of N’s other half had them at the door in a sec. Ravi marched into the house, Hongbin in his toll, the usually smiley person was covered in Ravi’s jacket and not responding much. Leo was immediately at his side taking one of his arms and putting it over his shoulders, helping Ravi with the weight. “Where was-“ “This idiot, was asleep on the steps outside of Leo’s house, that is why no one knew where he was! He is completely frozen through!” Ravi explained as they sat Hongbin on the couch in N’s lounge. “What? He was there this whole time?!” N couldn’t believe it, “You idiot!” He punched Hongbin’s shoulder. This caused the other to groan, Leo glared at N, the silver raised his hands in a sign of apology and his heal, “We need to warm him. Ravi make hot water, I’ll go get blankets!” The two of them worked perfectly as a team and were up and about before Leo could react.
“You idiot!” Leo whispered as he took Hongbin’s hands in his own and rubbed them gently, shocked at how cold they were. This made the younger one smile weakly, “I’m sorry… did I make you worry…?” he spoke softy with a slur, his lips are slightly blue. 
Leo focused on the hand rubbing, not replying immediately. Why his house? Why hadn't he thought of that, argh. In the end he sighed and looked up at the other, “Ya, Binnie, what do you think?” “... it must have been a lot of trouble for you... I’m sorry,” the younger apologized, Leo shook his head, “Ya… you idiot, I cannot not worry about you…

you who suddenly came into my life…" then he paused, "How I used to wish I could have those peaceful days back, where I didn’t have to worry about anyone else…” He stared back at Hongbin’s hands, thoughtful, “but not anymore. You idiot… “ another pause, Hongbin looked at him intently, Leo hesitated before whispering softly “I worry about you all the time…” At those words Hongbin took one of his hands and cupped Leo’s cheek, with a small pause he leant his forehead against Leos, “I am sorry I made you worry…” “You idiot…” the other pouted, “Don’t put me through that again…” Hongbin’s smile returned to his face, “I won’t.” They sat there, forehead against forehead, in silence, enjoying the other’s presence, before N and Ravi burst back into the room.

N with blankets in hand and Ravi with a tea and a warm water bottle. “Ya ya ya, move!” N exclaimed as he under the weight of all the blankets, stumbled to the couch and dumped all the blankets onto Hongbin, who disappeared with a surprised yelp. There was a second of shock as Leo looked at the mountain of blankets, which had replaced his boyfriend. Ravi turned and whacked N, “What?!” “Why did you throw the blankets at him? You couldn’t have like lovingly tucked him in?” They all turned back to the pile of blankets, it looked like N had brought every single one of the blankets he owned. Leo carefully poked the side of it, “Anyone home?” There was no response, so Leo poked it again, “Are you alive?” Nothing, all of them watched the blankets, with baited breathe waiting for a movement, anything.

“I’ve killed him,” N whispered, horror growing on his face, “Did I  kill him with blankets? Hongbin I am soorrrryyy! WHat is the punishment for killing someone with blankets?! What have I done!?” He wailed, throwing his arms around Ravi, who only shook his head in mock disappointment in his boyfriend.

Then the blanket pile coughed, causing everyone to jump in fright. “N….” came a faint voice from the blankets, “N the light… is fading…

everything is cold… tell Leo…

tell Leo I love him-“ Whack! Leo had karate chopped the mountain of blankets with such force it had successfully hit the center and thus Hongbin.

“WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR!? I WAS DYING?!” Hongbin looked hurt, who would blame him a full on Leo chop was brutal, even the blankets hadn’t saved him from that, “You weren't dying fast enough…” Leo answered, sticking his tongue out at the younger, who shot him an insulted look. And with that Leo got to work, being the resident blanket cacoon, he knew what he was doing and before Hongbin could protest he was wrapped up in a warm and snug cacoon, incapable of moving his limbs but at least now with his head out of the blanket mess. Without a word, Leo then took the water bottle from Ravi and stuffed it down the cacoon and sat back down, “Done…”

Hongbin glared at him in disbelief, “Was that you lovingly tucking me in? I can’t move!” To prove his point he wriggled around and only his head was able to move. “No… I’m preparing to roast you…” Hongbin’s face dropped at the serious tone in Leo’s voice, “But but but I’m too young to be roasted! Would it save me if I said how much I love you???” Leo blushed, before reaching out and whacking him over the head, “Aaaaaah no fair, I cannot escape!” “That’s the point…”
In the mean time N and Ravi had taken a seat opposite the couch and were watching the spectacle. “Aren’t my babies just the cutest!” N looked really happy whilst Ravi could only laugh. Once everything had settled down, Hongbin still Leo’s hostage he started to talk.
He told them exactly what had happened in the directors office and in return Leo had told him what he had heard. “What?” Hongbin was shocked, it was unbelievable. Who did that man think he was? What right did he have to say that to Leo!? “It is good to hear your side of the story, Hongbin, it is a very serious matter…” N added, “No one should do something like that, a director shouldn’t do something like that, he is our director, and he has no right to do that to you two...

Okay listen here, you two. You have to be careful; we don’t know what else he will do. Leo you carry on going to school, nothing is wrong and –I know it is much to ask for- but act like you and Hongbin have split up” this caused Leo to bristle.

“How could I do that? I cannot deny Hongbin!” “It is the best idea…” Leo turned to the one next to him, shocked at what he had just heard. “Don’t say that, Bin-“ “No, listen, Leo. He will not stop bothering you, but if he thinks we split up, he will leave you alone…” the younger spoke with such a calm voice it scared Leo. “I can’t simply deny you! How, how am I suppose to do that??” Leo searched Hongbin’s eyes, desperate, there had to be something else he could do.

“This is the best option at the moment, if it a few days and maybe then he might let Hongbin back to the school,” N added, Hongbin nodding. Leo realized that was true, , Hongbin had been suspended because of him, if this was a way of getting him back to the school, it was a good idea.

“Fine, I’ll do it… in school will I deny him... but what about the party?”

N and Ravi looked at one another, worry spreading. “We talked to him again, and he is 100% not letting gay couples in at the party, everyone has to register now, so he can make sure it won’t happen…” Ravi said, N sighed, “Who would have thought in the 21st century this would happen?” “We need to think of something…” Leo murmered, N and Ravi looking at him in surprise, “You two use the time when he is focused on seeing Hongbin and me apart to think of something, okay? I cannot bear the thought of because of us… that other couples are also excluded, I feel responsible.” “But Leo it is my fault!” Hongbin protested from his cocoon but a look of the other silenced him, “It is our fault, not yours, Binnie. We will find a way, to make it good… okay?” Hongbin faltered, Leo looked so determined, without a word he nodded, both of them looking at N and Ravi, awaiting a response.
The other two were watching them intently, amazed by their resolve, it was N who answered faster “Okay, we will!” And it was a deal.

They each had their part to play, everything was set.


N and Ravi then took to the room upstairs, taking two of the blankets around Hongbin with them; it was now really late so they had decided to sleep over. Leo and Hongbin lay together on the couch, the younger being free of the cacoon now, arms around one another, listening to each other breathe in the dark. Silence.
“Leo… I’m sorry… if I hadn’t asked of you to show everyone you’re mine…” “Shush.” Hongbin blinked, “But Leo, I’m sorr-“ “Don’t you dare apologize, Lee Hongbin!” “But it was my fault-“ “DON’T you dare say that…” the tone in Leo’s voice made Hongbin fall silent, “Don’t say that, don’t apologize, okay? We did it. If I hadn’t wanted you to do that, I wouldn’t have let you. Now listen up, no matter what happens in the next days, I want you to know, I love you. Yes, you! If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have let you do that in the cafeteria, I wouldn’t have let you close to me, as you asked me to brave, if I didn’t love you already then, I wouldn’t have agreed. I love you. So don’t worry, we will get through this some way or another!”

Each word melted Hongbin, that was right he loved this man, the stupid thoughts that had been in his head as he waited for Leo in front of his house were blown away, all the doubts and worry, all gone.

“Want to be brave once again?” Leo whispered softly, and without hesitation Hongbin nodded. “For you… always…” he breathed before they both leaned in and shared a warm delicate kiss. Yes, they were going to be brave.


Bring it on, Mr. director.