It's so cold out here.

A Tear With Every Smile

IU waits outside the restaurant and stares ahead of the road waiting for her manager to come with the car. It wasn’t raining anymore but it had gone dark and turned cold, she rubbed her hands together to make them warm and she notices Eunhyuk coming out of the building.

“I can’t believe I had to pay all that,” laughs Eunhyuk

The rest of the members were inside waiting for their car and were admiring the sight of the beautiful city night, but Eunhyuk preferred to stand out with IU.

Eunhyuk notices IU rubbing her hands together so he gets out his leather black gloves from his pocket and gives them to IU.

“They’re a bit big for your hands, but it’s all I got.” He says

IU smiles and she puts them on, her fingers only reaching midway of each finger space.

“I’m sorry about tonight, my hyung’s are so foolish sometimes, they like to tease a lot but really they are the most caring people in the world” says Eunhyuk to IU

IU laughs. “I thought it was cute and they are very polite, I didn’t really think they would like me to join you all for dinner, but it was thoughtful of them to ask me”

“Our Leeteukie Hyung likes inviting any females that he knows are especially good looking” says Eunhyuk with a grin.

“Should I take that as a compliment?” she asks grinning back at him.

“Yes I think you should” he says

They both stare at each other lost in their thoughts, not knowing what to say, their eyes gleaming at each other in happiness.

Suddenly IU’s manager pulls up with the car and IU peels her eyes away from him and waves and bows.

“I must go, please tell your member’s thank you and I had such a great time” she says

“No problem, I hope I see you- no I mean we hope we see you soon” he stutters nervously.

IU laughs and smiles at his cuteness and gets into the car and drives away.

The rest of the members join Eunhyuk outside and stare at a smiling Eunhyuk.

“It’s so cold out here” says Ryeowook while he tugs on his scarf

“are you not cold?” asks Leeteuk to Eunhyuk. “Put some gloves on, you are turning blue”

Eunhyuk puts his hands into his pockets and realises he doesn’t have them.

“I don’t have them” he says in shock, “I gave them to IU and she must have forgotten to give them to me before she left”

“You clever guy, you did it on purpose didn’t you?” asks a amused Kyuhyun

“Honestly, I didn’t.” he replies

“Ahh well that’s a good job our car is here then” says Sungmin “and as for your gloves, maybe you get to meet her again soon to get your gloves.”

 

                                                                                ***

“Are you cold? Here I’ll put the heater on for you on high temperature” syas IU’s manager while he drives and fiddles with the buttons on the car.

“It’s ok, I have on some glov-“she looks at the gloves in shock, “Oh no, I forgot to return them”

“What? Return what? To who?”

“Eunhyuk-ssi gave me his gloves and I didn’t return them, I forgot, he must be so cold.” Says IU worried, she places them carefully in her bag and stares out the window.

“If I’m fortunate enough, I might meet him again so then I’ll return it right?” asks IU to her manager

“I’m sure you will see him again. Soon”