I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you.

A Tear With Every Smile

Fiddling through her bag here and there she sighs.

“Can’t believe I left my umbrella again!” she mutters to herself while she peers at the rain

 She is standing on the top step on a flight of broad concrete steps that leads into a dance school she had just got out of~ she makes her way down the stairs giving up trying to find an umbrella and decides to step into the rain anyway.

                                                                                ***

“Where is he? He said he was only going to be a minute, its been 15 minutes already!” Eunhyuk exclaims to Shindong.

“Don’t worry Teukie Hyung will be out soon, he only went in to talk to a choreographer” says Shindong as he pulls his cap closer to his face and sitting on the bottom of a step watching the rain.

Eunhyuk leans against the damp wall and impatiently waits for Leeteuk and looks up at the building.

“Aish~ we are going to be late to Strong Heart recording” He says while he plays with a strap of an umbrella.

Then his eyes move towards a petite girl rummaging through her bag huffing and puffing, she walks down the steps and he notices she is only wearing a thing oversized jumper and denim shorts and is about to walk through the rain. He then realises its Ji Eun~ its IU.

Without thinking he walks towards her almost running with the umbrella to cover her and as he grabs her lightly on her wrists IU slips on the last step while she turns back to see who it was and they both fall onto the ground in a puddle.

Both slightly shocked by what happens they get up and IU immediately apologises and bows to him repeatedly and Eunhyuk cannot but help laugh. IU stops bowing and looks at him and laughs too.

“Wahhh, Eunhyuk Oppa!”

They both awkwardly try to dry themselves and Shindong and Leeteuk gather around them.

A puzzled Leeteuk asks “What happened here? Ji Eun-ssi! Why are you both wet”

“Ahh I noticed she was going to walk in the rain with no umbrella and I approached her and I startled her so we… fell” Eunhyk says.

“You should have seen it, Teukie Hyung~ they both fell in a puddle” laughs Shindong

“I’m so sorry Ji Eun~ I didn’t mean to startle you”

“It’s ok, seriously~ its only rain” IU reassures him.

Then a car pulls up the kerb and IU says her good byes as she leaves them and goes into the car.

“Good bye~ hope to see you soon”

The car slowly drives off and Eunhyuk is stood there waving and smiling at the car

“You fool, the only time you can impress her you push her into a puddle” Says Leeteuk and they all stand there laughing.