✭ Chapter Eight ✭

Star-Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ Chapter Eight }

!warning(s): -

A week after Ji Min's suicide.

 

It was raining heavily on a December morning. Beads of raindrops landed on the cold ground of Korea accompanied by the cold wind blowing. Walking down the cold empty streets while holding onto a bunch of white roses was Luhan. He manage to use some of his mother's money to get her a proper funeral. It wasn't easy for Luhan to get back on his feets after what happened to him.

Arriving at his mother's grave, he placed the bunch of flowers down. "Umma, how are you doing? I hope you're doing fine and I hope that you are happy with where you are now. " Slowly letting out a tear, Luhan's voice cracked. "I'm doing well and living my life well too.". Finally breaking down, Luhan crouched down, "I miss you Umma. I really miss you so much. Umma..".

 

• • • ♦ • • •

 

One month passed by and Mr. Oh found it strange that Ji Min hasn't come for work for a long period of time. The number of staff have reduced greatly and Mr. Oh really needed manpower in order for him to keep Royalties alive. Not being able to contact Ji Min, he decided to head down to where Ji Min's reside to have a look. Finally reaching a rundown building, Mr. Oh heads to level 3, where Ji Min's stays at. Stopping in front of a flat, he knocked on the door. Revealing behind the door was a teen. "May I help you?" Luhan asked. Mr. Oh cleared his throat before replying, "I'm looking for Park Ji Min, is she around?". Upon hearing the name, Luhan's face became dark. Dropping his head and slightly turning away, he coldly replied, "She's dead.".

Eyes widen, Mr. Oh kept quiet for a while before asking, "How are you and her related?". Luhan turned to look at Mr. Oh, "I'm her son.". Mr. Oh slightly nodded and proceed to ask, "May I come in? I have a few things to tell you related to your mother.". Astound, Luhan steps aside and let the man in before closing the door behind him. "Coffee for you?" Luhan asked and Mr. Oh shook his head, "Have a seat, no worries about me.". Occupying the empty space beside Mr. Oh, Luhan opened his mouth up. "What is it that you want to tell me about my mother?". Mr. Oh tilted his body, facing Luhan before saying, "Before that, may I ask what is your name young man?". "Luhan. My name is Luhan.". Nodding his head, he starts off explaining about Ji Min working at Royalties and the lack of manpower at Royalties.

 

• • • ♦ • • •

 

After hearing Mr. Oh's situation, Luhan questioned, "But, why did you come look for my mother? I mean, now that she's dead I can't help you too.". Smirking, Mr. Oh replied, "Yes you can. Just come to Royalties and work. In that way, you will have a stable job and don't have to worry about your education level.". Bewildered, Luhan stood up and said, "Excuse me, what?" almost sound like he was shouting. "Well, with your education level you are at now, you won't be able to find a job with a pay that is enough for you to survive. At least if you are working at Royalties, your meals and transport would be covered. And not the mention, the pay for waitress isn't very high so you might want to consider being a-" Mr. Oh stopped his words and scanned Luhan from head to toe before continuing, "Stripper."

That night after Mr. Oh left the house, Luhan had countless of thoughts keeping him wide awake. Mr. Oh's words actually make sense to Luhan but it's too absurd to ask Luhan to be a stripper. Closing his eyes, he let out a loud sigh.

Flashback
"I'm sorry but no matter how much I am in need of money, I wouldn't let myself or my mother down. That meaning ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter