♡ Ch. 2

Save You

Everyone had looked happy and close during the bonfire, but Kikwang knew the minute he stepped into his new school, there would be separate groups all around. He braced himself for the stares and whispers, he assumed that someone here must know something about the new kid’s past life and he was pretty sure they weren’t going to waste time in telling the whole school.

At least that’s what happened in all the schools he’d been to prior to this one.

Kikwang took a deep breath and walked into the school, Dongwoon next to him looking like a zombie. He wasn’t a big fan of mornings. They continued walking, getting completely ignored by the students around them. Maybe they haven’t heard the rumor yet. He gave it until Lunch.

“Good Morning” Kikwang stopped walking when he saw Junhyung and Doojoon standing in front of them, wearing their senior colored uniforms. Seniors had navy blue; juniors had red, sophomores a dark green and freshman a bright yellow. Give it to the faculty to give the upper classmates the classier colors.

“Morning” Kikwang answered, since Dongwoon was still rubbing his eyes. “You guys are early. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dongwoon at school at this time” Junhyung said chuckling at Dongwoon’s failed attempt to stifle a yawn.

“It’s my fault. I wanted to come early so I wouldn’t get lost” That was half the truth. Kikwang just didn’t want to walk through large crowds of students while they whispered around him. “I see. Well, welcome to the school. I’m sure if you have any questions, Dongwoon will answer them, if not there’s Min” Junhyung said with what Kikwang suspected was his class president voice. “Thanks” Junhyung nodded and slapped Dongwoon’s shoulder, “See you guys later. Wake up Dongwoon, I don’t want you crashing into students” Dongwoon mumbled something and lazily fist bumped Doojoon. “Later guys,” Doojoon said, walking off with Junhyung. Kikwang shook his head disapprovingly at Dongwoon.

“Morning munchkin!” Kikwang heard Doojoon yell, he glanced over at them and saw Doojoon patting Min on the head. She was pouting, but shooting deathly glares at the taller man. Kikwang watched Junhyung smile and pinch her cheek, then take the stacks of papers she was holding from her hands. Kikwang turned back around and put his hands in his pockets.

“How long have Min and Junhyung been dating?” Dongwoon shrugged, “I don’t know. They’ve known each other since they were in diapers, but I’m guessing a little more than 2 years…maybe 3? I don’t know, ask me when my brain is awake”

“Sure” Kikwang merely said, following Dongwoon into the building. Min seems to be someone everyone loves and gets along with, even he found her charming, but those types of people are the people someone should be careful around. If you fall for them, consider yourself screwed. They frequently have other things or other people to worry about.-

“Are you enjoying your first day?” Kikwang turned his head and noticed Min standing next to him, looking through her locker. He was slightly thankful that Min was short, that way he looked taller than he actually was. “Yeah, as best as I could” He answered, focusing back on retrieving his History book. 

“What’s your next class?” “History” “Do you know where the class is?” “I do” “All right, then continue to enjoy your first day,” She said. After closing her locker, she gave him a smile, then walked off her long hair bouncing up and down. Kikwang couldn’t help think it was cute that someone so petite held the power of the whole junior class.

Kikwang closed his locker and shoved the book in his backpack. Kikwang found it strange that he hadn’t heard one remark about him, which was a clear sign that he could relax at least until lunchtime. Is it really possible that no one here has heard about the rumors that surround him? He was a bit thankful, but he knew it was too soon to sigh in relief.

History class ended and it was now time for Lunch. Kikwang headed to his locker before heading to the cafeteria and saw Min struggling to open hers. “Need help?” He asked as he approached her, she glanced over at him and nodded. “Please” He took the stack of folders she was carrying. “What are these for?” He asked a bit baffled. He’d seen teachers with stacks this big, but never a student. “Fieldtrip slips for the Junior class, permission slips for certain events, and some other papers that I have no idea why I have to look over” She huffed, opening her locker.

He was about to hand back the papers, when he realized she was taking out another stack of folders. “And what are those?” “For the students in sports” “Shouldn’t the school be the ones organizing these?” Min shook her head and Kikwang smiled when she growled at the stubborn folder that wouldn’t come out. “No. In this school the student body has immense responsibilities. The only documents under school administration are the grades, some restricted files and the copies we give them” Kikwang fidgeted, “So that means you have our records?” “A copy of them, yes”

She closed her locker and turned to look at him, “Have you read mine?” Kikwang asked casually “Maybe, I don’t remember. Here” She extended her arm towards him. He stared at her, he didn’t know if he believed her or not. She didn’t show any sign of judgment; she was just standing there looking a little impatient. “I’ll carry them for you” He said, motioning for her to lead the way. “If you insist” She finally said, walking past him.

This girl is very easy-going

He was beginning to think Min is who she portrays. She honestly doesn’t seem to have a care in the world, and if she did, she hides it well.

Just like me. Kikwang thought, following the small girl and chuckling at her cute complaints as they made their way to through the hall.