♡ Ch. 4

Save You

Despite the warning Kikwang gave himself, he couldn’t help just slowly fall for Min’s charms. There was a part of him that knew that she was taken and that part often made him feel guilty when they would hang out alone, but one thing Kikwang understood about Min was that she was a naturally a loyal and friendly person.

“Min’s not here?” Kikwang asked when he reached his friends. Yoseob shook his head. “Nope. Junhyung isn’t here either” Kikwang couldn’t help feel disappointed, but he shrugged it off and asked another question. “President stuff?” “Nah. Junhyung gets sick easily. Min usually stays home to take care of him,” Kevin said, fighting Donwoon from taking his dessert. “Must be nice to have a girlfriend like that”, Kikwang said. The boys nodded in agreement. “You said it. Sometimes I wonder if Junhyung realizes how lucky he is”, Kevin said with a displeased tone. That caught Kikwang’s attention.

“What do you mean?” Kevin shrugged, “Junhyung is an awesome president and a cool dude, but it always seems Min does more for him” “Like what?” Donwoon asked, also interested in the subject of his friend. Though he’s known her longer, he has always known Junhyung as Min’s boyfriend and has always seen them together. Kevin knew Min a bit longer. “Like Min takes the day off to take care of him, but when she’s sick Junhyung proceeds his day normally. Sure he checks up on her, but sometimes I think she cares a whole lot more for him than he does for her”

Kevin sighed, “Maybe I’m just overreacting. She seems happy right?” Dongwoon and Yoseob glanced at each other, “Yeah. I guess she does” Yoseob answered, but none of them believed it. “Anyway, we’re going to her house after school” Dongwoon said to Kikwang, “Why?” “I need to drop off her homework”

-

“Did she answer?” “Nope” Dongwoon put away his phone and looked up at Min’s house. Kikwang was a little surprise that Min’s house was very luxurious, but it was nothing compared to Junhyung’s house next door. “Let’s check next door”, Dongwoon said, walking across the yard to Junhyung’s house.

After ringing the doorbell, Min appeared in the doorway looking worn out. “Hey, what are you doing here?” She asked, stepping out of the house and closing the door behind her. Kikwang hadn’t seen Min like this. Even when she was tired, she always pushed aside the feeling and acted like nothing was wrong. Right now though, she looked very exhausted. “Are you sure Junhyung is the one that’s sick?” Dongwoon asked, also noticing her strange appearance.

“He’s been up all night. Um, why are you here again?” Min asked again, trying hard to keep the tired look off her face. “Your homework” Dongwoon handed her a folder. “Oh. Right.Thank you very much. I should go back in” Min said, giving them a smile. “Can we come in and check on Junhyung” Kikwang asked, Min shook her head. “I don’t want you guys to get sick. I’ll see you guys tomorrow, okay?” She hugged Dongwoon and Kikwang was a little shocked when she hugged him too. “Thanks for coming and bringing me this” Min held up the folder and turned to go back into the house.

“She must really love him”, Dongwoon said, turning around. Kikwang stood there worried, but truthfully there was nothing he could do. Junhyung was her boyfriend. It’s logical that she wants to take care of him, but it only made Kikwang feel less hopeful. It wasn’t that he wanted them to break up, but after Kevin mentioned Min’s happiness, he’s been worried about her more and more.

-

Min closed the door behind her and sighed. She set down the folder and went back upstairs. “Junhyung did you eat?” She asked, walking into the room. Junhyung merely turned to his side. “You have to eat” “I’m not hungry” He mumbled. Min huffed, “You have to eat, please” Junhyung didn’t say anything. Min shook her head and went to sit down on the couch.

Junhyung didn’t get up to go to school this morning and when Min saw him lying in bed, she knew that she wasn’t going to get him up. He’d done this before. There were days that he didn’t want to get out of bed, that he felt like there was no point in doing so and during those days Min felt that she had to stay with him. She didn’t want a repeat of the day she found him almost dead in his bed. He had promised that he would never do it again, but Min was always scared he would.

So Min simply finished her homework and read her book. When he finally went into a deep slumber, she turned off the light and knocked out on his couch.

-

Min yawned and opened her eyes. She was a little surprise to see that she was sleeping on Junhyung’s bed. “Junhyung?” She called out, but there was no one else in the room. She got up and walked downstairs. “Good morning. I made some breakfast. It’s not finished yet, so if you want to go change you should do so now” Junhyung said in a cheerful voice. Min leaned on the doorframe and watched him as he moved around the kitchen. “Are you still tired? Do you want to stay home? I’ll call the school if you-“ “It’s fine. I’ll go change” Min pushed herself from the doorframe and walked out of the house.

It wasn’t fair that she was irritated when Junhyung’s depression was something serious, but there were times when she couldn’t help it. She sometimes wondered if he even wanted to get better or that if she was actually helping him through it.

She took a quick shower and changed into her uniform. “I’m sorry” Junhyung said when Min entered the kitchen. “For what?” Min sat down and picked up her fork. “You didn’t have to stay all night” Min glanced at him, but didn’t offer anything else. “You don’t always have to take care of me” “Eat. We’re going to be late” Junhyung sighed and gulped down his orange juice.

They ate in silence and the car ride was also quiet. When they got to school, they went to each of their lockers without another word.

“Hey, you look a little better. Still kind of scary looking, but better” Min rolled her eyes and took out her books. Kikwang chuckled and handed her a Starbucks double shot espresso. “You probably need this more than I do” Min took the can and looked up at Kikwang, “Thank you” She hadn’t realized she forgot to drink coffee that morning. She was beginning to feel the consequences of waking up constantly in the middle of the night to check up on Junhyung.

“I’m heading to class”, Kikwang said, patting her head lightly. Min watched him walk away, a bit surprised by his actions, but smiled nonetheless. Kikwang was friendly, but she was curious as to why he was so reserved at school. It seemed that he had gotten comfortable around her, but he didn’t make an effort to make friends with anyone else.

Kikwang passed by Junhyung locker and frowned when he saw him happily talking to his classmates. Sure, the only reason he’s happy is because Min had used all her energy to take care of him. He should be with her now. Kikwang balled his hands into fists, but continued walking. It wasn’t his business, even if it did hurt him seeing her like that.