♡ Ch. 1

Save You

Summer is Min's favorite season. She especially likes the warm comfort she felt as the sunrays tenderly hit her body, but of course sheer luxury doesn’t last forever. “I sure hope the reason you’re disturbing me has to do with the end of the world”, She said, keeping her eyes closed, but removing her earphones from her ears.

“You can listen to your summer album later, come play Volleyball with us” She heard Junhyung’s voice. Min opened one eye and sure enough she saw him standing over her. “No thank you” She said, closing her eye and putting her earphones back in.  Perfect, just in time for the Boys of Summer chorus aka her favorite part.

“Ms. President of the Junior class your classmates want you to play” “Beach volleyball is not part of the job” “All right, that’s fine, but just letting you know I can’t stop them from coming over here, picking you up and throwing you in the ocean as punishment” Min pressed pause, removed her earphones and stood up. “Well what are you waiting for, let’s play some volleyball!” She said exitedly. Junhyung chuckle and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “All right, she’s in!”

-

Juniors never seem to win against the Seniors, they say it’s out of respect, but they all know it’s because the sport fanatic Doojoon was in the Senior team.  “Okay, there’s no way we’re going to catch up and I’m hungry. Congrats Seniors, you won” Min said applauding them after finding out the score from the scorekeeper. The rest of her classmates congratulated them and followed her to the snack bar. “Come on, we can play one more game before the bonfire!” They heard Doojoon exclaimed, but Min waved him off and ordered hamburger and fries. “You just kicked my in volleyball and now you’re stealing my fries? This is some upper level of bullying right here you know?” She said to Junhyung who happily chewed on her fries.

Min sighed and took a bite of her burger before he decided to steal that too. “Hey, Prez” Both Junhyung and Min looked up at the same time, it hadn’t even been 3 months and she was already used to the nickname. “Not you, her” Dongwoon said, sitting down next to her. “What?” Min asked, taking a sip from her soda. “You know about the new student, right?” “Am I supposed to know about the new student?” “Yes” Junhyung said “Well I don’t, so please enlighten me about the new student” “There’s nothing much to say about me. I’m Kikwang, a junior, my favorite color is black and I like long walks on the beach” An unfamiliar guy appeared in front of her, taking a seat next to Junhyung who merely placed more fries in his mouth.

“Are you applying for a dating site?” Min asked, raising an eyebrow at the red haired guy. Kikwang smirked and gave her a wink. “Prez, this is Kikwang my cousin. Kikwang my cousin, this is Min, the Junior class president” Dongwoon said, properly introducing them. “Well, nice to meet you Ms. President” “And this is Junhyung, the class president of the senior class and pretty much the king of the school” Junhyung merely nodded at him, then continued eating. “Okay, dude my food” Min complained, taking her fries back from Junhyung. “I’ll buy you some more later” he said, taking the fries back. “Later, I want pizza and breadsticks” Junhyung rolled his eyes, “Fine” “Oh the perks of having your boyfriend live next door to you” Dongwoon mumbled “It’s not that much of a perk when the kid thinks my house is his” “Technically it’s your mothers” “Technically I’m the only one living there,” Min said sticking her togue out at him, Junhyung just shrugged. “You can really feel the love,” Kikwang teased.

“Hey, bonfire is about to begin!” They heard Doojoon yell out. The other students around them began to stand up. “You heard him, bonfire is about to begin”, Min repeated to Junhyung “dey canf sta out me” Junhyung said with his mouth full of food. “No they can’t. Do you know how aggressive teenagers are with smores?” Min said, handing him her drink. “Come on” She said to the boys and made her way to the fire pits.

Junhyung finally made his way towards the bonfire and started handing out the marshmallows to the students. After their sweet teeth were satisfied they all sat around the warm fire. “How about we get our new president to sing us a song”, Kevin, Min’s close friend and her vice president said, handing her a guitar. “I doubt you want to hear me sing,” She mumbled, pushing back the guitar towards him. “Come on, prez, sing us a song” some of her classmates yelled out. She sighed and took the guitar earning a small round of applause. “But don’t expect a cheerful tune, guys. In fact, you will all cry with my dramatic composition” Min warned before checking to see if the guitar was tuned. “It’s okay, you’re voice makes everything sound beautiful, Prez” She shot a smile to Yoseob, another one of her close friends.

Min began to play 6 Months, “You’re the direction I follow to get home. When I feel like I can’t go on, you tell me to go and it’s like I can’t feel a thing without you around. Don’t mind me if I get weak in the knees cause you have that effect on me, you do. Everything you say every time we kiss I can’t think straight but I’m okay. And I can’t help think of anybody else who I hate to miss as much as I hate missing you. Months going strong now, and no goodbye, unconditionally unoriginal always by my side, meant to be together meant for non one but each other you love me I love you harder, so…

Min continued to sing, her classmates and friends moving their heads to the beat and enjoying themselves. She glanced at Junhyung and smiled when she saw him beaming with happiness. Whenever she saw him like this her worries disappear and she felt like she could fully enjoy herself. She looked around at her friends and watched Kikwang look around with a small smile on his face, but when he caught her eye she could’ve sworn there was some sadness in his brown eyes.

Min continued to play her song, hopefully bringing some piece of mind to someone here.