32: Green

Painted Nails & Backup Plans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
32 Green is for the gross soup    Jinri was having her afternoon nap when a loud breaking sound downstairs woke her up. Too tired to even care (for ’s sake, she called bids on this day as her day-off she almost knelt in front of stupid devil Ms Kang for this; no one could dare ruin her rest day!), she just buried her face back to her pillow, thinking it was only Junhong creating a fuss in the kitchen. That bastard was always loud, no surprise.

God, Junhong, I need peace. Can you just give me this day even just out of pity? I’m beats and –

“JINRI!”

Oh god, what happened to ‘noona’.

“CHOI JINRI!”

Ugh. . My. Life.

“CHOI JINRI! JIN – AW! JINRI!”

She kicked and flipped on her bed before deciding to kill herself by stuffing her head between the mattress and the pillow. Better be dead than continue living this ty life and being ing disturbed by that , Choi Junhong.

“JINRI, WHERE ARE YOU?! OH MY GOD! PLEASE, PLEASE, DON’T TELL ME – OH MY GOD, JINRI!”

I ING NEED SLEEP, PEOPLE! I NEED SLEEP!

She heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

Good. Now go to your room and be a good brother and hang yourself or something! Just stop ing shouting!

The next thing she heard was the harsh opening and slamming of doors before her eyes started to get droopy again. Slowly, she drifted back to slee–

“JINRI, OH MY GOD! YOU’RE HERE!”

Oh. My. God. Lord, take me now! Take me now with you in heaven!!!

She threw her blanket off herself and sit up, shouting at the top of her lungs. “I AM GOING TO KILL YOU, JUNHONG! I AM SO GOING TO KILL – SEHUN?!”

He was rooted on his spot.

“What are you doing here?!”

“Were you sleeping?” he asked, pointing at her bed.

“No, I am grilling dead bodies under my bed and you are next - Yes, I was sleeping! At least before you decided to break in and break things!”

He walked closer without an invite. “You weren’t trying to kill yourself?”

She rolled her eyes. “I tried but failed.”

He gasped.

“Oh my god, I’m being sarcastic. What’s up with you?!”

“Seriously, you weren’t?”

“UGH. Sehun, what’s the matter? Why are you here? Where’s Junhong?”

He shrugged. “Isn’t he at Jungkook’s or something?”

Her eyebrows arched. “At Jungkook’s? The last time I checked he’s inside his room playing video games, browsing Facebook on his laptop with an incognito tab of on it. And I checked on him, like, just 15 minutes ago.”

“Well, he called me 5 minutes ago saying you rang him and that you were bawling and saying goodbye, hence, the suicide.”

She gaped. “Are you nuts?! I haven’t killed him or Jongin first so why would I off myself?!”

That was when realization took over her. Choi Junhong was playing cupid again! Choi Junhong was selling his sister to the devil Oh Sehun again! Choi Junhong was being a tard again! UGH.

“Look,” she started, sounding tired. “Junhong is playing this game called ‘Find My Sister a Life Ruiner to Hook Up With’, so if you’d please excuse him.”

“What are you saying?”

A groan escaped her lips. “He’s trying to get us together, so please, the next time he tells you anything fishy about me or whatever, just don’t fall for it. Fat chance it’s a freaking trap. That scumbag thinks he’s a hero. Now, I am not committing suicide. I mean, sure, I am depressed, but I won’t actually kill myself to get over it. I’m not that stupid. So, there, issue’s cleared so if you may, please leave now because I’m trying to get my most-deserved sleep. And please lock the door before leaving… although I don’t even know how on earth you came in.”

He wasn’t even ready for the speech so he just stood there pathetically.

“What?” she spitted, annoyed. “Why are you not moving?”

“Because you don’t look okay?” he answered. “I mean, no offense but you actually look like you’d kill yourself any minute.”

Bare face (and when the words 'Jinri' and 'bare face' were used in the same sentence, it sure meant trouble). Obvious eye bags. Red eyes (from crying all night or anger, he didn’t know). Bird’s nest above her head. Baggy, indecent clothes. This was so not Choi Jinri. This could even take up a spread of a newspaper!

“I’ll feel better when I get some sleep,” she mumbled, getting comfortable on her bed again.

Seeing her pathetic – yeah, he dared say pathetic – state, he asked, “Are you hungry? Would you like to eat something?”

If she was surprised of why he was acting all concerned, she did a great job at hiding it.

“No,” she simply said, acting indifferent. “I’m not hungry. Just leave.” Although the last time she actually ate was last night. And by ate she meant a piece of croissant which she didn’t even finish because Sora damned confessed it was from Flour Beats and even added a very irritating comment like ‘what, they make delicious breads’ just to annoy the living hell out of her. She nearly picked to puke every scrap of the bread that went down her system. Overreacting, I know.

Irritated of why she was so y towards him, he just shrugged and said, “Okay,” before leaving, shutting the bedroom’s door loudly behind him.

“er,” she cursed, her stomach making whale-like sounds.
 
Exactly 4 hours, 33 minutes, and 18 seconds later, Jinri stirred up from sleep. Unfortunately, today, she wasn’t the overrated radiant and happy when waking up because first, she was still sleepy as . Second, she was a bazillion times hungrier now. And third, she was still tired a wanted to stab her heart with a pencil. Or better yet, the eyeliner she bought yesterday at Dior.

She sluggishly grabbed her phone she tossed on the bedside table last night. She cursed when the light from the screen blinded her. She clearly forgot to put it in night mode.

7:54 PM

Three text messages.

Five missed calls.

She didn’t know what she was expecting but her face fell when the not even one of those came from Jongin. Well, him.

From: So-

A day-off? Srsly, Jinri? Psh. Wtvr. Just want to tell u they released the collection we’ve been waiting for at YSL today! OMG OMG!

If u can’t come just text me want u want. Plus, need ur cash. I know everything u want’s expensive. No money to lend, . Text me, ‘kay? Ciao! XOXO

It had been hours since the text but she she typed a very short reply anyway, saying she was in need of a satchel lately and that she'd send a few bills on her bank account tomorrow. She had no time to care if Sora was out of the store now. She got her a satchel or not, it didn't matter. Satchels don't mend broken heart. I don't even know what does.   UGH. Real smooth, Jinri. Real smooth.   She moved to the next message.   From:

Need cash? Win up to 250,000 tax-free! Just text WIN to 59-–

UGH. Stupid scammers. Delete text message!

From: Hyemin

Good morning, Ms Choi! We’ve been calling you but you seem busy to pick up. I just want talk to you about your schedule tomorrow.

At 1PM you’re having a meeting with Mr Williams of HW Fashion but his secretary rang a few minutes ago to reschedule it on Saturday instead. Same time, same place. Will it be all right with you? You don’t have anything scheduled at 1PM on Saturday but just want to make sure.

Please reply, Ms Choi. He needs your response soon. Thank you!

She checked her log book and all the missed calls were from Hyemin indeed. The day the young girl was assigned as her new secretary, her phone never got empty of texts or calls from her. She was hardworking and cautious, but just annoying sometimes, like, the whole day they were together wasn’t already enough she had to bother the head designer even at home.

She should’ve stayed at the Model’s Dep’t instead. As an intern. Working with Jung Soojung. Ugh.

It was almost 12 hours since her text and HW might’ve already grilled her alive with constant questions, or maybe they already cancelled the meeting, which wasn’t good because they’d be potential sponsor, but Jinri was really too exhausted to care today, so she just replied with an ‘okay, rescheduled’.

After sending the message, she tossed her phone beside her and rubbed her face with her hands.

The aftermath of breakups, seriously. you, Kim Jongin. You’re probably sitting at home watching rated films, not even bothering to call me or anything. Well, I mean, it’s not like you must. We’re not together now, but… I don’t know. Don’t you miss me? Like, crap. I miss you!

UGH.

Okay, enough, Jinri. Enough. E-N-O-U-G-H. Enough.

Thinking she should probably stop being such a to herself slash a lazy , she threw her covers, put on her slippers and went downstairs. Well, at least Junhong wasn’t here to annoy the living daylight out of her even more. And no one would about wearing a pair of pink, Piglet-patterned pajamas around. I mean, what's so wrong with a twenty-three-year-old head fashion designer of a big company such as Britanni wearing cartoon character-PJs in her sleep?   Okay, maybe everything. But so what?! I get to wear anything at home and no one can say otherwise!

She switched the lights on the living room when she nearly fainted seeing a figure lurking in the kitchen. She jolted in shock when cluttering and curses followed.

“What are you still doing here?!” she shrieked, taking Sehun by surprise the frying pan nearly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter