22: Blue

Painted Nails & Backup Plans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22 Blue is for the confessions    “Wait, wait. Can you please, in full detail – and don’t you dare leave anything unsaid – repeat what you just said. I think I’m going deaf,” Sora cried, giving her best friend the look as she stirs the grape juice she was making.

“I said I left my house because I just found out Junhong set me up with Sehun before. Actually, until now.”

“And what’s this about Chanyeol?”

“Uh… I ran into him.”

“Yeah? And?”

“Nothing,” Jinri defended. “I mean, don’t you know he’s your building-mate? Or apartment-mate? Or whatever.”

“Well, how would I know? Does the management have the responsibility to inform me that my best friend’s college crush just moved in to one of the unit here? Impressive because you knew it first before I did.”

Jinri rolled her eyes, switching the channel again because why the hell was the TV full of bullcrap now that she needed a distraction when every single day it was full of all shows she’d always wanted to watch? And wait, was that a show about ? I mean, the partner of a hen not the one inside a male’s pants. Oh Jesus, when did roosters become so famous they needed their own show?!

“Hey, , I’m talking to you,” Sora yelled from the kitchen.

“WHAT!”

“I asked how you got here.”

“Uh…” Jinri comprehended. There was no way she’d tell her about riding with Chanyeol because that would open up the discussion of why they were together this late at night and then it’d lead to Sora finding out they had coffee together and then she’d figure out they nearly did it inside her room and that would never happen. The last thing she needed was Sora either squealing like a fangirl or nagging like a mom. Honestly, it was more of the latter. “Car?”

It was Sora’s turn to roll her eyes. She grabbed the pitcher of grape juice, two bars of wafers and a bowl of potato salad then she made her way to the living room, placing all the food on the table.

“You’re not telling me something,” she stated the obvious.

“Nope.”

“Well, yeah. You definitely aren’t.” Sora looked at her intensely. “Spill.”

Jinri grabbed a baby potato with her bare hands. “Nothing to spill.”

“What’s up with you and Chanyeol?”

“Why are you making a big deal out of him? Are you not shocked about the news of Junhong selling me, his own sister?! I mean, that’s more interesting and alarming and annoying. Shouldn’t your blood be boiling too like mine? I mean, we’re friends – best friends, even – by now, you should be cursing him too regardless if he’s my brother or not, that punk.”

“Well, sorry, my dear. I find that news normal and not at all new. Like, come on, he did that when you’re still with Minho too, right? What –”

“Which is even more annoying! And, take note, infuriating!”

“Okay, shut up. Your brother’s just as stubborn as you. Like, what do you expect? He’s just like you. You both want everything your way. And you both think you’re always – like, all the time, any time – right.”

“That’s not true.”

“Oh, Jinri, it is.”

The head designer rolled her eyes as she open the pack of wafer, taking a bite.

“So… you’ll tell me now what happened to you and Chanyeol?”

“Uh… let me thi– no.”

“If I threaten you of kicking you and your things out of my apartment, will you tell me?”

Jinri shifted on her seat and turned to Sora who was sitting beside her on the floor, just below the sofa. “Sora, there’s nothing to say, really. I mean, it’s not important, whatever it is.”

“Girl, just talk to me about it. You know I’ll listen. And I know you want to tell me, too.”

She was right. As much as Jinri wanted to keep it, she wanted to spill everything to Sora too. She was her closest friend, if not the only. And she knew she’d feel better if she talks about it. So deciding for what she thought would ease her mind, she told the girl all the things that had happened. From running into Chanyeol until the moment he took her to Sora’s apartment.

By the end of the story, Sora might’ve gasped for a hundred times.

“You know what,” Jinri said. “I feel so guilty. I’m clearly cheating on Jongin. I mean, we just made up after we argued about the exactly same situation. I still love him. Jongin, I mean. But… I don’t know.”

“You still like Chanyeol? Even after all this time?”

She shrugged. “Don’t know. I just feel like a right now. God, how can I do this to Jongin? He was so sincere when he told me he was sorry about what happened to him and Soojung and all that. Sora, I think I’m going crazy. I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Sora shook her head, looking at her best friend seriously. “Honestly, there’s nothing confusing here, Jin. You said you love Jongin and you’re sure he loves you too. What’s there to talk about?”

“I don’t know. Chanyeol?”

“You still have feelings for him.” It was a statement.

“No. I mean, I don’t know. I never think about him. Not when I was with Minho and not before he showed up now. So maybe no. I don’t like him. I’m just… stuck. And was reminded of all the things we could’ve been before. I just need closure, I think.”

“And what about you almost sleeping with him?”

Jinri paused. “I don’t know. I missed him.”

Sora wanted to laugh as much as she wanted to roll her eyes and curse while shaving Jinri’s head off. “Wow, what a nice way to miss someone. Don’t you ing miss me, you .”

“Okay, okay. I get it. It sounds wrong but I really don’t know. Heat of the moment?”

“You didn’t accept Jongin’s excuse of being drunk before so why will I accept that heat-of-the-moment crap of yours? Listen, Jinri. I think it’s more than the need for closure. Heck, maybe you still like the guy, maybe as you said, you just miss him. I don’t know. But there’s something. He made you feel something and that’s something to be feared. If you have no plans of getting out of your and Jongin’s relationship, I suggest you distance yourself from Chanyeol because if you continue seeing him, I think that love for Jongin will slowly fade to like and then you’ll doubt yourself and then it’s over.” When Jinri didn’t say anything, she added, “Unless you want it to be over.”

Jinri gave her the are-you-nuts look. “Of course I don’t! What’s the sense of running away from Junhong and fighting for Jongin if I’ll just let our relationship split – what?” she asked, annoyed of the expression Sora was giving her.

“Oh my god, it’s fading.”

“What is?”

“You’re holding on to Jongin because you feel obliged to.”

“What? No!”

“Yes. It sounds like that.”

“What are you saying? I love him. He’s my boyfriend.”

“That’s it. You love him because he’s your boyfriend when it should be the other way around.”

“It is the other way around, Sora!”

“Are you just realizing this because Chanyeol suddenly showed up or are your feelings for him wavering even before all this?”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“You’re falling out of love.”

Jinri made a face. “I’m not.”

“Then tell me why you love him.”

Because he’s my boyfriend? “There’s no reason to love someone.”

“Cliché.”

She rolled her eyes.

“You’re suppose to give me things like ‘because his hair’s so fluffy’ or ‘because he’s good at baking’ or ‘because he makes me happy’ and the like.”

“That’s even more cliché. And cheesy.”

“YOU’RE EXPECTED TO BE CHEESY!”

“Oh my god, Sora. This is getting nonsense.”

“No, but seriously, think about it.”

“About what?”

“If you like Chanyeol. If you want him back in your life or not. If you still love Jongin. If you want to continue your relationship with him or if you need some catching up to do. Just literally, everything. Think about all of it and come up with a coherent plan or you’ll regret it, Jinri. I’m serious. You’re confuse now and that’s a very bad omen, I’m telling you.”

Jinri looked at her best friend and she couldn’t agree more.
 
“Sehun, I told you I’m fine. Just go home now and rest. You’re tired.”

“I’m not tired.”

“You should look at your face. You’re ing ugly like a platypus.”

“Mean,” Sehun pouted, resting his chin on Soojung shoulder. “Why are you shooing me away when you should be literally begging me to stay and take care of you.”

“And why would I do that?”

“One because I’m your only friend –”

“Hey, I have other friends.”

“Two because I am good at taking care of people, three because I’m handsome and four because you have a crush on me.”

“You’re drunk. And so full of yourself. Get off me. I n
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter