13: Green

Painted Nails & Backup Plans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
13  Green is for proposals    “So I guess the rumor isn’t just a rumor, huh?” Jungkook stressed, taking out the can of corn from the top shelf. “Your sister and her boyfriend really did make up.”
  “Yeah right. And for all we know they are also making out right now,” Junhong bitterly said with a roll of the eyes. “And that cunning witch seems to be witty enough to fly to Paris without telling me what her roaming number is.”
  The younger just chuckled in amusement. “Why don’t you just accept the fact that that Jongin dude’s going to last long? It looks like they really like each other anyway.”
  Junhong deadpanned. “I’m not going to sell my sister to someone like Jongin.”
  “Wow. You’ll not sell her to Jongin but you’ll definitely throw her to Sehun,” said Jungkook as he put the frying pan on top of the fire.
  “Sehun’s different. He’s dope.”
  “The fudge?”
  Junhong laughed. “Kidding. But really, he’s okay. Much more okay than Jongin. And I know the guy for quite awhile now. And guess what? He’s fine.”
  “Yes. And there’s something going on between him and that Soojung girl.”
  “From what I’ve heard, that was long ago.”
  “Where do you even get those information, dude? You’re acting like some CIA agent and it’s freaking me out.”
  Junhong smirked. “Sources, brother. Sources. But anyway, according to my source, he liked Soojung before. Take note, past tense.”
  “Okay?”
  “He doesn’t like her anymore, 'kay? You see, I won’t hook him with my sister if he likes someone else. I’m not that dumb. Of course I’ve cleared every corner before entering this mess,” Junhong told the other proudly, completely pleased with himself.
  Jungkook rolled his eyes before tossing the insides of the can on the heated and buttered pan. “Yes, Junhong, this is mess. I swear to God you’ll get killed by your sister if she finds out.”
  “She won’t, okay? At least not yet, especially now that I’ve got another plan.”
  The news made the other snap his head to Junhong. “What are you talking about?”
  A sly smirk made its way to the blonde’s fair face. “You’ll see.”
  Jungkook through gritted teeth as he turned back to his buttered corn. “You made another plan because your first backfired and your second completely failed too, huh?”
  “You’re acting too smart, Kook.”
  Jungkook didn’t bother replying and just focused on cooking their snacks. He wasn’t being paranoid but he was really having a bad feeling about his best friend’s new plan. The first plan, which was to lock Jinri and Sehun inside one room, was obviously not a success and it even gave them more things to worry about than just to break the lover’s relationship. Sehun taking Jinri home when she’d gone wasted one night was Junhong doings too. And from what Jungkook could see, it didn’t create much of an impact to anyone. Now that Junhong’s cooking another plan, Jungkook would just trust his instincts and say that this would be a soon-to-be-failure as well. He just couldn’t help but shake his head. All of his friend’s backup plans are faulty nonetheless.
 
Sehun and Soojung were on their way to some runway studio downtown to do some charity and reach out their helping hands. Apparently, Sehun’s block mate back in college was proposing to his girlfriend tonight. The girlfriend, surprisingly, was one of Soojung’s model friends. Wasn’t that fantastic? Well, for Sehun’s sore muscles and backache it unfortunately wasn’t.   He grunted as he toss and turn on top of Soojung's bed. Right after he got out from the dance studio, he immediately went straight to the girl's house and helped himself inside her room, kicking his shoes off, throwing his shirt around leaving him with only his pants and wifebeater on as he dove in to the soft, well-kept bed. Soojung was still a girl anyway. A girl who turns into some clean-freak whenever she was on her period.   "Sehun, get up!" she shouted as she barged into her room. She was greeted by Sehun's lifeless body on her bed, half-conscious and closed-eyes.   "Sehun," she tried calling again. "Sese, come on."   She was lucky enought to receive a stir from the male.   "Sehun," she said with a grunt as she pulls the covers off the boy's sweaty body. "You better get up in five minutes and get ready. And look what you did. You just messed up by covers! UGH! I just had it washed, you ingrate."   "Soojung," he mumbled, pulling the covers again and burying his face in it. "I'm tired."
  The dancer was not a romantic person, but proposals were something he was fine with; helping a friend asking his girlfriend to be with him for the rest of his life was completely okay too, but it wasn’t the best idea when he’d just gone out of the studio dancing and teaching routines all day. The last thing he wanted to do now was to lift a finger. But Soojung was still a girl, and girls were natural naggers. She didn’t stop plaguing the male until he shouted a bitter ‘fine’ with his hands annoyingly rubbing his face with vigor. With a condition of Soojung driving instead of him, he agreed coming, realizing he’d promised his friend after all.
    “How about you? When are you planning on proposing to Soojung?” Tao, the nervous-like-a-prisoner-next-to-sit-on-the-electric-chair friend of Sehun, asked, buttoning the already buttoned shirt of his out of nerves.
  Sehun shot him a look. They hadn’t seen each other for a long time until tonight and the rainbow-haired might have had headlock-ed Tao like he’d used to before since he also missed doing that, but he had no strength to battle with him now.
  “We’re not together, Tao.”
  The older snickered. “You, guys, are friends since forever and you definitely like her.”
  “Correction, liked. I liked her. I used to like her.”
  Tao rolled his eyes. “Seriously?”
  Sehun stared at him annoyingly, still slouching on the couch like a drained potato.   They were inside one of the rooms backstage while the models were preparing for the runway show outside. The proposal was going to be done, yes, at a fashion show. Tao told his girl, whose name was a weird 'Green' (I know, I know. Just who would name their child after a color, moreover, green? She could be completely misunderstood as, well, green. But hey, Tao found it, nonetheless, cute. Oh, how blind love is.) that he bought a couple of VIP tickets for them at a fashion show. Green was, of course, more excited than suspicious. For Pete’s sake, she was zero percent suspicious! But what she didn’t know was that one of the moments a girl has ever dreamed of to happen in her life was about to happen to her tonight. And yes, it was going to happen at a runway show. What do you even expect from a model girlfriend and a brand-crazed boyfriend? It was a fashion couple at its finest.
  “You liked her since high school, you confessed and were rejected,” said Tao. “Even if she’d already turned you down, you admitted to me you still liked her way back college, and now you’re telling me the feeling’s just gone?”
  Sehun contemplated for a moment. “Uh, yes?”
  “That’s crazy. When did you stop liking her?”
  The dancer thought for a second before giving off an answer. “I don't know. For awhile now?”
  Tao shrugged. “That’s vague.”
  “Love’s vague.”
  The older couldn’t stop himself from laughing. “Love expert now, are we?”
  “I like somebody else now,” he blurted out before he could even stop himself. But he didn't regret it, knowing that what he'd just said could divert the dramatic topic he'd been dreading.
  The soon-to-be-engaged (we all hope so) blinked. “You dump your longtime fondness over Soojung for a newfound target?”
  “Don’t make me sound like an , Tao. It’s not like I dumped her. A few years after college, my feelings for Soojung started fading. Except for that short time she had with Hoya, I’d never bothered looking at her as something more than a friend anymore. And after all, she never liked me so I guess moving on wasn't that hard.”
  Tao’s eyebrows furrowed. “Is that even possible?”
  “Huh?”
  “Is it even possible for you to not like someone who’s been with you as long as you can remember? I mean, even you fell into the hole.”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter