Episode 2: Elenium

Demon Prince, Luhan

PjTMPFo.png

The day had arrived for him to transfer school. Luhan was certainly not happy about it. He was pissed as hell, now he had to take farewell to the wonderful ladies. Why did he even negotiate with his father about it. But as long as Sebastian would be there, he'd manage somehow. Sebastian helped Luhan dressing up like usual, he buttoned up Luhan's white shirt and knotted his shoelaces. Luhan watched Sebastian doing everything for him, he was relieved to have someone loyal like Sebastian next to his side. What would he do without Sebastian? 

 

“Master, you must not disobey the teachers nor behave rudely. You must live up to your father's name. Act noble and polite to everyone,” Sebastian told Luhan with a serious tone. Luhan sighed and nodded. Always did he had to obey. Always. Could he never live a life where he could just loosen up a little, say what ever he wanted to, eat what he wanted to eat and go wherever he wanted to go. Those things were impossible for someone like Luhan. He looked at the wonderful landscape from the window with a bitter smile. 

 

“Master Luhan, breakfast is ready,” Sebastian said and bowed. Luhan went downstairs immediately. He could feel the smell lurk in to his nose. It was a familiar smell. Pancakes. He wondered why they never served him Korean food for breakfast, but he didn't bother to ask. He sat down on the very edge of the very long table. Luhan looked around and clenched his fist. Loneliness. Luhan's father had never once eaten with his son after Luhan's mother passed away. Not even once. He never ever spent time with his own son, which hurt Luhan a lot. Sebastian understood the sadness and loneliness Luhan felt right now. He looked at Luhan with pity. 

 

“Are you okay master Luhan?” Sebastian asked with a sincere voice, really caring for Luhan who snickered. 

 

“Heh, what are you saying. I'm totally fine! This is the usual isn't it? Mind sitting down with me and eat?” Luhan patted on the chair next to him that was meant for his father but Sebastian hesitated deeply. 

 

“Master I couldn't possibly—” Luhan cut Sebastian off. 

 

“Sebastian, please. Just once.” Luhan begged and smiled, that made Sebastian's heart give in. He sat down next to Luhan awkwardly. He hoped to not get scolded by Luhan's father later on. He carefully ate his pancakes while observing Luhan from the corner of his eyes. Luhan looked blank. His facial expression suddenly changed into a painful expression. He was holding back his tears. His father never once looked at Luhan properly when they talked, he never paid attention to Luhan. Did he do something wrong? The thoughts kept on bubbling up. He leaned on Sebastian's shoulder with a tired look. Sebastian frowned. 

 

“You mustn't cry master Luhan. Bear with it. Your father works for your sake.” Sebastian patted Luhan's head. 

 

“I know but he should at least spend time with me. I'd rather be poor and have a strong bond with my father than this.” Luhan bitterly laughed and furrowed his eyebrows. Luhan stared at his breakfast with empty eyes. Yeah, I'd rather be poor, Luhan thought. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

The most prestigious school ever called Elenium. An all-boys school for special people. Special as in those who wield powers. They have a school system or more like a ranking system. Every student must wear an emblem that will represent and be their proof of which ranking they belong in. It's the emblem that decides what ranking you are in, if your emblem has no stars then you're one of the lowest ranked students on the school. 

 

If your emblem has five stars then you're one of the highest ranked students. How they determine the amount of stars you should have depends on how powerful you are and what background you have or if you've done any criminal activities. Of course does each ranking give you different benefits. For example the five stars students have a mansion for themselves if they wish to live near the school, they get served better quality food and they are treated better by the school community while zero stars students are to live in small dorms, they clean their dorms by themselves and their food is just like any other food you can find in  Korea. Of course are most of the zero stars either outcasts, criminals or poor people. 

 

“Sebastian, this isn't a normal all-boys school right?” Luhan could feel a strange aura surround him the instant he stepped out from his car. The driver drove away, leaving Luhan and Sebastian alone in front of the extremely big prestigious school Elenium. It was unnecessary big. 

 

“As expected from master, you can feel the magical aura already? You're indeed the demon prince.” Sebastian chuckled. 

 

“Sebastian, tell me. How did I become the demon prince? What's so special about it either way?” Luhan looked at Sebastian for an answer. 

 

“Your mother was the demon queen and logically you should become the demon prince. It's special because you have the power to destroy humanity and the human world. That's your goal as well Luhan ... to destroy the human world in order to become the demon king.” Sebastian closed his eyes, ready for Luhan's tantrum. 

 

“Hmm I see, power to destroy humanity. What bull is that. Well sorry to say this, but I ain't gonna become some demon king. Heh, I'm going to live my life to the fullest. I totally don't care about the demon . I'm going to live my life and use my powers as little as I can,” Luhan determined said. Sebastian's surprised face was indeed priceless. He expected his master to throw a fit and yell and not believe it but in the end ... Sebastian shook his head. This kid, he thought and laughed. 

 

“Wha— What are you laughing at!?” Luhan pouted and smacked Sebastian's chest. 

 

“No. Excuse me master.” Sebastian continued to laugh. But Sebastian was worried, was Luhan taking this as a joke? Well, Luhan really thought of this as a joke. They walked into the school building. It was quiet and no students could be seen. They were heading directly to the principal of the school. Luhan who couldn't stand this all-boys school literally whined all the way to the principal's office. Sebastian pinched Luhan's cheek before entering the office. 

 

“Kid, behave well now. We'll be meeting an important person, you better behave.” Sebastian gave Luhan a warning glare. The both of them  went into the office with ease and two wide smiles. The principal was an old man with glasses, despite looking old he had no signs of grey or white hair strands. He looked really healthy as well and energetic. He welcomed Luhan with a warm smile that reminded Luhan of his own grandfather. The principal looked really pleased to have Luhan and Sebastian there. 

 

“Take a seat please.” The principal sat down again after shaking their hands. 

 

“Now, here's your uniform and here's your emblem. As you may know, we give a ranking according to your power and background.” The principal placed Luhan's uniform on his desk and his emblem. Luhan looked at his uniform, at least it was a stylish white uniform. His favorite color was white after all. He looked at his emblem, five stars. Sebastian smirked, he expected that much. His master deserved this much. 

 

“Five stars? Already?” Luhan raised his right eyebrow while looking closer at the emblem, it was a beautiful emblem. 

 

“What are you saying? Of course you should have an emblem with five stars mister Luhan! You're the demon prince and furthermore your father is a powerful donor to the school. He always donates a great amount of money to the school, we appreciate it really much.” The principal eye smiled. 

 

“I see ...” Luhan mumbled and took his uniform and emblem. 

 

“Then we'll be going,” Luhan said and bowed. The principal waved good bye and the two of them went to the changing room. Sebastian helped Luhan changing clothes like usual. Luhan silently watched himself getting changed into his new white uniform. He stuck his emblem on his chest with a grin on his face. 

 

“I look awesome, don't you think so Sebastian?” Luhan turned around, he was just admiring his appearance in front of the mirror. 

 

“You always look awesome master Luhan,” Sebastian replied and chuckled. He patted Luhan's back as a sign that he was fully dressed up now and ready to go. He wondered if his uniform wasn't too flashy though, the uniform was well decorated with gold and the uniform was really prince-like. The young butler couldn't stop smiling at Luhan who looked perfect. He knew it, Luhan was indeed his life. Sebastian decided to dedicate himself even more to Luhan now. 

 

“Anyway, five stars students are rare aren't they? I want to meet them already. How many are there?” Luhan took on his white gloves. Sebastian who had done his homework and researched about this school immediately answered Luhan. 

 

“There are eleven others who wear the five stars emblem.” Sebastian handed over Luhan's phone and golden necklace. It was a memento of his grandfather who died when Luhan was still very young. Luhan whistled. Eleven others, that's quite a small amount since Elenium has a total of 650 students. 

 

“Phew, I guess I'm special then.” Luhan joked.

 

“You are special. Keep in mind that you're different from the others though.” Sebastian reminded Luhan who shrugged his shoulders. 

 

“Different or not. Everyone should be treated as equals.” Luhan smiled and left the changing room with Sebastian after him. Sebastian nodded, no one could be as kind as his master. No one. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

Thanks for subscribing, I hope to provide you more awesome chapters. Please upvote, comment.