Episode 7: Reality

Demon Prince, Luhan

PjTMPFo.png

“Huh?” Baekhyun glared at Luhan who didn't retreat at all. The class went silent, Baekhyun suddenly smirked. 

 

“You're interesting,” Baekhyun said and laughed. He went to his seat with his earphones still on. No one dared to disobey him, no one dared to talk to him, no one dared to even glance at him. He was a zero star after all but he recently got promoted to a full star student. Baekhyun glanced at Luhan from time to time, he had taken some interest in Luhan. He was the first one Baekhyun ever had taken some interest in. The teacher came in and started the lesson, Luhan didn't pay attention as always and Baekhyun was listening to his music through his earphones nonstop. 

 

“Class ended.” The teacher left the students alone and once again was Luhan bombarded by the males. Most of them were warning Luhan about Baekhyun and how dangerous he was. Luhan didn't fear Baekhyun at all, even after hearing those things about him. He was actually more than happy to become friends with Baekhyun. He had a feeling that if he'd become friends with Baekhyun, no on would dare to come near him, let alone talk to him. That would make his life so much easier. 

 

A tall man entered the classroom, he was grinning widely, the males bowed once they all saw him. He was known as Baekhyun's follower or right hand man. He looked at Baekhyun with a wide smile, he was indeed the happy virus, the only one who could control Baekhyun and his anger. Chanyeol was admired by many male, the fact that he could control Baekhyun made him very known. Luhan looked at the two of them interacting. Chanyeol realized Luhan staring at them and immediately whispered something to Baekhyun who smirked. 

 

“Hey, Luhan I think it is? Wanna come with us?” Baekhyun asked. Luhan looked around, not knowing what to answer. 

 

“Yes he wants to,” Sebastian said. Luhan looked at Sebastian with a puzzled look, he sighed and followed Chanyeol and Baekhyun. It was better than being with twenty males, bombarding his brain with questions.

 

The four of them, including Sebastian, walked down the hall together and the news of Baekhyun inviting Luhan to eat lunch became a hot topic in school. Everyone was talking about Baekhyun showing interest in Luhan, Luhan was now a name everyone knew of in school. It was impossible to not have heard of him, Luhan was the trend and the 'it' now. The 'it' was the infamous Chen and Sehun, but they were overshadowed by Luhan now. The news immediately reached Chen's ear and he was not pleased. The egoistic and self-centered Chen with a prince syndrome did not like what he heard.

 

“So, I heard that you're really strong.” Baekhyun started off while looking at Luhan from the side. Luhan scratched his head. 

 

“No not really,” Luhan replied. 

 

“Wait, I remember your face. Aren't you the one who won the obstacle race yesterday?” Chanyeol pointed his index finger on Luhan. Baekhyun smirked, now he really found Luhan interesting. Baekhyun swung his arm around Luhan's neck with a smirk that made Chanyeol go what the . Luhan awkwardly smiled, he was clearly bothered by Baekhyun's arm that was around his neck. The three of them entered the dining room, quite the flashy entrance. They quickly grabbed food from the full star food corner, Luhan was amazed at the amazing food. The food quality was superb. 

 

“We're going to the glass house, you're coming too? If so, why don't you come with us?” Baekhyun patted is stomach, he was very satisfied with today's meal. Luhan nodded. 

 

“Let's go then,” Chanyeol said after eating up. The three of them left the dining room, leaving the male students there dumbfounded. They could not believe their eyes, Baekhyun was actually eating with someone else other than Chanyeol. 

 

The three of them walked through a path that Luhan didn't know exist, even Sebastian who had researched about the school. They followed the path, it was a long path. They quickly met two guards who wanted to check their ranking, they nodded and opened up the glass house. The three of them entered the glass house, Luhan who had never been there was unsure of what to do and what to say but he spotted many familiar faces such as Sehun and Kai.

 

“Oh! Luhan!” Kai stood up, from being depressed and showing a bored expression to a happy expression once he saw Luhan was really incredible. Kris chuckled, he had never seen Kai this happy. Kris had his manager next to him, he had to attend a photo session soon after all and his manager was keeping track on his schedule. The school had a spell over it which made everyone unable to perform any sort of magic but the glass house was not affected by the spell, they could freely use magic here. Chen bitterly sat there, it was his first time seeing Luhan and he was certainly really jealous of Luhan being accompanied by Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He who had tried so hard to be friends with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, to see Luhan being friends with them just like that made Chen jealous. 

 

“Move Sehun, let Luhan sit on your seat.” Kai shot Sehun a glare. 

 

“Not happening.” Sehun stuck out his tongue, Luhan had no choice but to sit next to Sehun instead and on his right side sat Baekhyun. He had his feet on the table like usual and Luhan didn't find that okay so he immediately told Baekhyun to sit normally, it really surprised the rest that there was someone who could be so frank and straightforward with Baekhyun, even Chanyeol was surprised. 

 

“L-Luhan, you know who Baekhyun is right?” Chanyeol stuttered. 

 

“Yeah, why?” Luhan drank the tea Sebastian had poured to him. Baekhyun sudden burst out laughter. 

 

“You're indeed an interesting fellow,” Baekhyun said. Chen clenched his fist. Why are they all so friendly with each other? Chen thought and gritted his teeth. He took his glass of water and threw the water of Luhan. Sebastian and the rest gaped. Suho who was just about to start the meeting stared at Luhan with wide eyes. Luhan almost cursed but thanks to his image as a perfect boy he had to hold his anger in. Chen tried to hide his happy smile. 

 

“Oops, sorry. My hand slipped,” Chen said, his voice and tone was not the least sincere. It was rather cold. Kris frowned, he knew what Chen's intentions were, he shook his head. 

 

“Give him some tissues and a new shirt,” Kris ordered his manager who nodded. Sebastian quickly took the tissues. Luhan exhaled and inhaled, he needed to control his anger.

 

“Chen, you did that on purpose didn't you?” Kris shot a glare at Chen, the rest immediately looked at Chen for an answer. 

 

“What if I did?” Chen laughed half-heartedly. Kai slammed his hands on the table, clearly angry. “Stop it,” Luhan said, Sehun held back Kai. Sehun was also angry, he didn't know why he'd be angry for Luhan but he just felt angry. The two of them had to bite their anger and shut up, the two of them knew it. They were aware of the fact that the glass house was unaffected by the spell that would restrict the use of magic, another word could make both parts angry which would lead to a chaotic magic battle but something caught Lay's eyes who had not spoken a word until now. 

 

“You're the demon prince?” Lay's eyes were wide open. Lay, Kai's best friend, the two of them are in the dance club and Lay's the kind and sweet type. He'd do anything for his friends and family. He's the quiet type, not shy, just quiet unlike Kyungsoo who was shy. Sebastian and Luhan were speechless, they didn't know what to say. They had been found out. Luhan looked down at his chest and he quietly stared at everyone who was waiting for an answer. 

 

Sebastian sighed and patted Luhan's shoulder as a sign that it was okay to tell them. 

 

“Yeah, I am ... ” Luhan mumbled. The water had soaked his white t-shirt and the crest could be seen. Chen backed away. Demon prince? He thought, terrified. 

 

“Oh.” Baekhyun whistled and wiggled his eyebrows. 

 

“So that's the crest,” Tao said and looked closer at the crest. 

 

“You're here to destroy us all? Aren't you? You monster!” Chen pointed a finger on Luhan who blinked. Kai stood up again to defend Luhan. 

 

“Sit!” Suho shouted at Kai and then he gave Chen a warning. “If you continue with your babbling, I'll demote you,” Suho said to Chen who bit his underlip. Kris drank his coffee at ease even in the midst of this chaotic conversation and situation. 

 

“I'm not here to destroy you all. I don't even understand why you'd say that.” Luhan sighed. Baekhyun smirked. 

 

“You trust us enough to tell us your identity?” Suho looked at Luhan who nodded. 

 

“Why is it a big deal anyway?” Luhan drank his tea. 

 

“You know that there is a organization called 'demon assassination organization' for short, d.a.o.?” Kris told Luhan. He frowned. He shook his head, he had never heard of that organization. He looked at Sebastian who looked like he knew of it, Luhan coldly looked away from Sebastian. Once again had his butler not inform him about anything related to this 'demon prince' matter. He was sick of it already. Kris told Luhan that the organization existed for the purpose of exterminating the demons and their top goal is to kill the demon prince. Kris looked Luhan and told him, “You should be more careful, you never know if someone here will tell the d.a.o about you.”

 

“Wait, there are other demons?” Luhan questioned. 

 

“Yes, it's our job to kill demons but the demon prince is an exception, that's the difference between the d.a.o and us,” Kris told Luhan. 

 

“But you're not here to kill us, right?” Kai smiled. Luhan nodded. “I'd never do such a thing. So it was real ... my goal is to really destroy the human world and take the king throne. Unbelieveable.” Luhan buried his head under his arms, he was too shocked. It finally came to him as reality, he had neglected his demon prince status in different ways, now he finally understood that it was reality. It wasn't a joke, it was real. Everything. 

 

The alarm set off, once again, but the sound was different this time. 

 

“It's the demons, they are attacking the school again!” Suho shouted. The spell that restricted everyone's use of magic was turned off and everyone could use magic again, to defend the school. 

 

“What?!” Luhan shouted in disbelief. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

The chapter is now out, tell me what you think. Upvote and comment ouob.