Episode 8: Demon Power

Demon Prince, Luhan

PjTMPFo.png

 

“D-Demons? What the hell?!” Luhan started to panic as the rest ran outside, they all knew what to do, Luhan just stood there dumbfounded. Sehun looked at the hopeless Luhan, he dragged  Luhan with him. 

 

“Where are we going?” Luhan asked. “Out to protect our school,” Sehun replied. Luhan started to shake and shiver, he was scared. He had never encountered any problems or dangerous situations like this. He was nervous and his mind and thoughts were telling him to run for his life, hide and have Sebastian protect him but another side told him to follow Sehun and use his powers wisely. Luhan clenched his fists as he watched demons approaching them. It was Luhan's first time seeing demons, the red skin and the long tail made Luhan tremble. He was too scared to even move, Sebastian looked at Luhan with a pained face, Sebastian had promised himself to let Luhan get stronger by not helping him in these situations. 

 

The red demons could only be seen by those who had mythical powers in them, the reason demons attacked schools and people who had magic in them was to obtain their powers. “Move.” Sehun pushed Luhan away and he immediately cut a demon in a half with the help of his power. Luhan watched the demon fall on the ground, the demon turned into ash. Luhan tried to keep himself collected and calm but it was impossible, espeically in this situation. Luhan looked around, he wanted to hide. Unlike the rest, Luhan knew nothing about his own powers, how to use them properly and furthermore he didn't want to touch any demons. 

 

“Hide over there, in the barrel,” Sehun said and kept on slaying demons, one after another became ash. Luhan ran to the barrel and immediately jumped in to the barrel without a second thought. He was too scared, all he wanted was to escape home. Luhan heard the noises of screams and yells, demons shouting loudly and it was basically chaotic.

 

Luhan tucked in his two fingers into his ear, he didn't want to face reality. He almost cried, a thought suddenly made him confused. What the hell was his butler doing? Why did Luhan have to hide? Sebastian would've protected him ... right? So where was Sebastian now? The thought made Luhan angry. 

 

“!” Sehun shouted as he saw the demon finding its way to Luhan who was hiding in a barrel. 

 

“Luhan! Run!” Sehun shouted. Sehun was already too exhausted to cast a magic spell on the demon. Luhan, unfortunately, did not hear Sehun. He was busy in his own thought and he had closed his ears. Sehun cursed under his breath as he ran towards the barrel. The demon pushed the barrel down and Luhan found himself lying on the ground but with Sehun in front of him as well. Sehun yelped in pain as the demon successfully managed to wound Sehun. 

 

Luhan was unable to catch the situation once again, he looked at the wounded Sehun in front of him. Blood was slowly running down from his chest. Sehun bent over after receiving another blow from the demon. Luhan quickly caught Sehun who fell into his arms. “... Sehun?” Luhan called out. The demon smirked as he saw Sehun's blood. 

 

“Sebastian! What are you doing?!” Luhan questioned, Sebastian was just standing there. 

 

“Don't tell me ... that you've only watched as Sehun fought the demons,” Luhan said in disbelief. Luhan knew that those words shouldn't have come from his mouth, he was busy hiding and protecting himself after all. Sebastian looked away. Luhan looked away as well. He didn't have time arguing with Sebastian anymore, he had to protect Sehun. 

 

“S-Sehun, wake up,” Luhan said while shaking Sehun roughly. “Damn... I'm awake. Kinda,” Sehun responded with a weak smile. 

 

“You didn't have to go that far.” Luhan clenched his fists. Sehun sighed. “Having the power and strength to save someone but choose not to do so is not my thing you see,” Sehun said. He placed his hand over his chest. The blood kept on flowing out nonstop. Luhan was stunned. 'Having the power and strength to save someone but choose not to do so', those words echoed inside of Luhan's head. 

 

The demon stopped drinking the blood of other wounded/dead students, he had then regained his full power again after receiving a small cut from Sehun. Luhan looked terrified as he saw the demon regaining its full power. Sehun saw how the demon was planning on launching a magic beam. Sehun knew that they wouldn't be able to escape from the beam so he decided to use his body as a shield for Luhan. The demon fired off his beam and Luhan found Sehun standing up to protect Luhan until the end. 

 

“Run you useless trash,” Sehun said with a smile. Luhan watched Sehun falling down on the ground. Again, Luhan thought as he cried. Something strange was happening inside of Luhan, a feeling that almost turned him berserk and crazy. 

 

“How dare someone like you do this to Sehun. How dare you even set a foot on this school. You don't deserve to be alive, you ty demon.” A strange aura surrounded Luhan, Sebastian watched the whole scene. Blood was running down from his hand, he had clenched his fists so hard that the nails dug into his skin. He was angry at himself, he was there, but unable/did not have permission to help out. Sebastian saw it, Luhan was angry, for the first time. 

 

“Someone like you...Someone like you. You.” Luhan gritted his teeth and a strange power could be sensed from Luhan. His body was emitting a strange light. Luhan unconsciously drew out a sword from his body, a red sword came out and Luhan had lost his mind. His body and mind was doing things without his permission. He had basically lost it. 

 

“I, the demon prince wish to kill all the evil demons at my school,” Luhan called out. A strong wind was circling around Luhan and the sky turned grey. Sebastian closed his eyes, he was trying to keep himself on place, the wind was too strong for him. Sehun was lying on the ground, still in pain as he watched Luhan from the side. The sky opened up. 

 

“What is happening?!” Kai shouted as he ran towards Sehun who was lying on the ground. “I don't know, seems like Luhan is using his demon powers or something,” Sehun replied weakly. 

 

“Huh?!” Kai stared at Luhan. 

 

Suddenly fire beams started to directs its way towards the school. The demons looked around in confusion. They had seen this power before, it was similar but not up to that level. It was similar to the demon king's power, although it wasn't as powerful. The demons started to panic. The fire beams started to kill one and another demon, demon after demon vanished and turned into ash. It was a horrifying scene. Luhan had turned insane. 

 

“Kill them all!” Luhan shouted again, the sword was the source of his power and the sword reacted to Luhan's command. Luhan suddenly stopped breathing. Kill them all? He thought. What was he saying? 

 

“Stop! Don't kill them all. What am I doing?!” Luhan screamed on top of his lungs, he was afraid of himself. He got down on his knees, still screaming loudly. He held his head while shouting and shouting. Kai looked at Luhan with shocked face. He had no idea on what was going on. Luhan was trembling, he could not believe his ears. He had ordered the sword to kill everyone. He just promised everyone that he wouldn't kill them. He was indeed a monster, exactly what Chen called him. He started to cry. 

 

“Someone...” Luhan mumbled and sobbed. Kai was too scared to approach Luhan, he was scared of his own childhood friend. He knew that it was wrong of him to be scared of his own friend but he was a demon prince after all. Sehun groaned in pain as he slowly crawled over to Luhan side. Kai watched Sehun crawling over. “What are you doing? That's dangerous!” Kai screamed, he wanted to pull back Sehun but his body was traumatized and he couldn't move an inch. 

 

“I don't care,” Sehun said and smiled weakly. He finally reached Luhan's side, he weakly took Luhan's hand. Luhan looked at Sehun, something inside of him calmed down after seeing Sehun. Sehun's touch made him calm down. Luhan stopped crying all of a sudden. 

 

“Return,” Sehun said. Luhan looked at Sehun's hand and nodded. The sword slowly entered back into Luhan's body again. The sky turned back to its blue color. Luhan fell down on the ground, his magical demon powers had made such an impact on his body that he fainted. 

 

“Master!” Sebastian shouted and ran towards Luhan. He carried Luhan in bridal style as he ran to the infirmary. He looked at Kai. “Take Sehun to the hospital this instant.” Sebastian continued to run towards the infirmary. Kai was left alone with Sehun in confusion once again. 

 

“,” Kai said and called an ambulance. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

The sun was welcoming Luhan once he woke up. He looked around in confusion, he was scanning his surrounding. He rubbed his eyes awake, he realized that he was in the infirmary. He felt empty for some reason, as if something was wrong, he had forgotten about something but he didn't know what. He stared at the roof, why did he feel so empty? 

 

“Master, you're awake,” Sebastian said after entering the room with a bag full with apples. Luhan still remembered about the incident that happened yesterday. His inner-demon powers had awakened for some minutes and Luhan couldn't believe it himself. The sight of those things attacking and killing the demons from the sky made him tremble. But he could also remember how Sebastian just stood there, watching the whole thing happen. 

 

“Yeah,” Luhan replied with a cold tone. Sebastian knew that his master was angry. He had no excuses to make and he was ready to get the cold shoulder from time to time. “Here's some apples,” Sebastian said and peeled one for Luhan who quickly ate it up. 

 

“Kai updated me on Sehun, he's fine now. He's been treated by the hospital.” Sebastian peeled another apple. Luhan stopped eating. Who? 

 

“Who's Sehun?” Luhan scratched his head. 

 

“M-Master! He was the one who protected you from the demons, yesterday.” Sebastian tried to explain it all. “Weird, I don't remember. Is that why I feel kinda empty?” Luhan continued eating his apple. 

 

Sebastian stared at Luhan, he knew that Luhan wasn't joking around. Then what the hell was going on?! How could Luhan possibly forget who Sehun was? Sebastian had to call Luhan's father in order to ask him directly why Luhan had lost some of his memories after using his power. Was it because of the impact his powers made on him, was it because Luhan received a big shock? Sebastian waited for Luhan's father to answer the call. 

 

“Hello?” Luhan's father answered. Sebastian immediately blurt out about Luhan's condition. It went silent on the phone for some seconds. 

 

“Those are the side-effects of using his demon powers. Amazing, he awakened already?” Luhan's father replied calmly. Sebastian closed his eyes, how could Luhan's father be so calm about this? Side-effects like losing ones memory are terrible, at least to Sebastian. He immediately hung up on Luhan's father with a long sigh. He had to do everything to prevent Luhan from using his demon powers and for those powers to awaken again. Sebastian grabbed Luhan's hand with a looked that felt sorrow and pity for Luhan. 

 

“Something wrong?” Luhan questioned, Sebastian shook his head.

 

“Let's go home already,” Sebastian said and smiled. Luhan nodded and threw away his apple core. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

“What a tiring day...” Luhan mumbled and dragged his legs upstairs. He ed his shirt and threw it away. He removed his pants and immediately embraced his big bed. He hid his face between the two white pillows and fell asleep. He entered his dream land without any problems. Sebastian was just about to call his master for some dinner but refrained from doing so after seeing Luhan sleeping. Sebastian closed the windows and closed the door carefully. 

 

Sebastian called Kai once again to confirm Sehun's condition. 

 

“He's doing great, don't worry about it,” Kai told Sebastian. The two of them had a decent and long conversation. They talked about everything, everything from Luhan to school and etc. Kai hung up on Sebastian and went back to his own mansion which was just a mansion away from Luhan's. Kai loosened up his black tie and he looked at himself in the mirror. Kai felt guilt sweeping him around. He could never forgive himself for being afraid of Luhan and his powers. Kai punched the mirror with a groan afterwards. What was Luhan to him? What did he think about Luhan? What feelings did he have towards Luhan? He had thought about it before but never gotten a straight answer or a honest one. 

 

The blood dripped down on the floor and Kai didn't bother to treat his wounded hand, he was too tired and his mind was elsewhere. His power was a useless one, to him it was. It had no destructive effect. He wanted a strong power, a power that could destroy. Kai was getting greedy, he knew that but he couldn't help it. How would he face Luhan tomorrow? With a smile? Laugh? Avoid him? Kai was too embarrassed over not trying to save Luhan's from yesterday, he could never look straight into Luhan's eyes ever again. Kai looked through his Twitter with a bored look on his face. 

 

“What to do,” Kai mumbled for himself and threw away his iPad. He decided to sleep instead but was disturbed by Chen, his mansion neighbor. Chen was playing music really loud and Kai was forced to open up the window. 

 

“Shut the up Chen!” Kai shouted on top of his lungs. Kai was definitely not in the mood for Chen's attitude or teasing or anything Chen related. Chen opened up his window with a smirk and said, “If it isn't Jong Jong in.” 

 

Kai showed his middle finger at Chen and closed his windows with force. Chen wasn't on the mood as well. He was not on a happy mood. Someone was pissing him off really bad. Someone who was better than him, someone who was better looking than him, someone who was richer than him. 

 

“Luhan, just you wait,” said Chen and clenched his fist. 


PjTMPFo.png

 

Picking up this story yet again!