Episode 6: Night Battle

Demon Prince, Luhan

PjTMPFo.png

 

“What is happening?” Luhan shouted at Kai who completely ignored him. The two of them stopped in front of a portal, it was a really suspicious portal if you asked Luhan. Kai took on his gloves with a smile. 

 

“You'll see Luhan, you haven't heard of the night battle yet?” Kai frowned, surprised that Luhan was totally clueless about the situation. Luhan narrowed his eyes at Kai. What the heck was a night battle. Kai chuckled and started to explain.

 

The night battle is one of the things Elenium takes pride in. Elenium isn't the only magic school, there are a tons of other schools as well. The night battle is to determine the ranking of each magic school. The night battle takes place once the alarm sets off, to enter the battle you simply have to use the portals. The battle arena looks like any other stadium but it looks slightly more futuristic. The only thing you have to do is to avoid getting 'killed' during the battles. The stadium has a spell over it that will automatically warp each student away if they reach their limit. Of course are there other so-called modes, it's not all about killing.

 

But not anyone can participate, the participants are randomly chosen each time.

 

 “What is with this school? I don't even know how to use my powers!” Luhan clawed his hair in panic, he prayed to God, he didn't want to get chosen. He'd commit suicide if he would get chosen. Kai snickered and dragged Luhan with him, they walked through the portal and in an instant were they taken to another location, they were standing right in front of the stadium where the night battle would be held in. There was an incredible amount of students mingling around. 

 

“Don't tell me they're all magicians here ...” Luhan mumbled, Kai nodded. Every person here had a power inside of them, some people with stronger powers and some people with weaker powers. Luhan awkwardly walked behind Kai,  he attracted more attention that he intended to do. But it wasn't that surprising, Luhan was the only one coming here with his pajamas still on after all. Luhan embarrassingly walked closely next to Kai. He just wanted to get some sleep.

 

They entered the stadium after getting security checked by two guards, Luhan followed Kai's back and the two of them found themselves in front of the arena. It was a huge arena, Kai and Luhan silently sat down on two free seats. A young male was standing in the center of the stadium with a microphone in his left hand. He chuckled. 

 

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen!” The young male shouted, the people roared along with him. It was no other than ... Sebastian or so Luhan thought. 

 

“I'm Joker, today's host. I welcome Elenium, Starstruck, Ladiosa and Bevern to today's night battle, the chosen schools for today's battle,” Joker said with a smirk. Luhan frowned, was he hallucinating? He poked Kai with a puzzled look. Kai smiled and told Luhan that Joker was just a man who looked like Sebastian, Luhan nodded, he didn't ask any further questions about it. He was too focused on the Joker and what he said. Luhan swore again that he'd run away if he would get chosen.

 

The stadium was full with different students. If Luhan were to describe each school he'd definitely say that those from Ladiosa were the most scariest. Starstruck looked like celebrities and they definitely had this aura that would attract attention from other schools, and they certainly looked like they had a lot of freedom. Bevern's students looked like rich people and they wore expensive brands and they looked like stylish and proper noblemen. 

 

Elenium looked ordinary to be honest, especially among these unique schools. Luhan sighed, despite thinking that Elenium looked normal he still knew that he attracted attention thanks to his pajamas. He was standing out, he was sitting also sitting next to the mighty Kai. Who would not attract attention with Kai next to them? 

 

“Then ... Today's competition will be ... Obstacle race!” Joker announced. Everyone became silent, they were waiting for the participants to get chosen. 

 

“Then, the chosen ones are ... Sulli and Jonghyun from Starstruck.” Joker smirked, the spotlight was on Sulli and Jonghyun who stood up confidently. Luhan gulped, he had watched 'The Hunger Games', why was this so similar? The students from Starstruck clapped their hands and started to cheer really loud for Sulli and Jonghyun. The two of them walked down while holding their hands. 

 

“Daehyun and Zico from Ladiosa.”

 

The crowd awkwardly clapped their hands as Daehyun and Zico walked down while glaring at each other, Ladiosa was known for being a school for delinquent and drop outs, they were definitely a school you'd like to avoid being on bad terms with. That being said, Starstruck and Bevern aren't really that friendly with Ladiosa. The students from Ladiosa was screaming and shouting their asses off, they were really loud compared to the Starstruck students. 

 

“Suzy and Nichkhun from Bevern.” The  two of them bowed while elegantly walking down. The students of Bevern didn't shout or scream, they were gently clapping their hands. Luhan could really see how different each school was. But it was time to announce Elenium's participants. Luhan held his thumbs, he prayed. 

 

“Sehun from Elenium and the new student ... Luhan!” Joker announced with a smile. He clapped his hands and the crowd followed. Luhan froze up, he held in his breath. He quickly looked up, the crowd was staring at him. He stared at Kai who looked just as shocked and worried as well. He silently stood up, unable to understand the situation completely.

 

“Wait ... What.” Luhan's eyes became wide as he walked down next to Sehun who didn't like the fact that Luhan got picked.

 

“If you mess up, I'll kill you. Elenium must win. How could.. Why you?” Sehun muttered. No matter how Sehun looked at Luhan, he looked extremely weak, just like Suho. Sehun clenched his fists.

 

“You don't need to do anything, just don't get in my way. Okay?” Sehun raised his left eyebrow, seeking for confirmation from Luhan who still was in his own little world. Luhan blinked, he could not believe his eyes. He was standing in the middle of the stadium next to Joker and Sehun on his other side. The crowd was cheering and screaming for their school. Daehyun from Ladiosa looked at Luhan and chuckled.

 

“Pajamas? Are you even taking this serious?” Daehyun laughed.

 

“Eeeer ... I was just about to sleep and so I wore my pajamas and suddenly the alarm set off. T-Then this battle and everything ... ” Luhan scratched his head, Daehyun stopped laughing.

 

“Hah, what a cute fellow. You sure look girlish, you're a girl?” Daehyun asked Luhan who shook his head. 

 

“You don't know that Elenium is an all-boys school?” Luhan replied. Daehyun really found Luhan amusing, the Joker quickly coughed to interrupt the conversation. Sehun rolled his eyes. The joker told them the rules and that they were free to use their power however they wanted. However, you could absolutely not move the obstacles/objects around. Luhan cursed, his power was basically useless now. He could only move around objects not humans so his powers was simply useless now. The joker drew a red line with his blood, the competitors stood behind the line with stern faces. 

 

“Ready. Set. Go!” The Joker pulled the trigger.

 

 

PjTMPFo.png    

 

 

PjTMPFo.png

“Wait, what?!” Luhan shouted and ran, he followed Sehun's back, he didn't know what to do after all. Sehun glanced at Luhan who ran next to him. Sehun sighed, he took the confused Luhan's hand. He pushed Luhan forward and he quickly looked at the other competitors. They were quick and most of them used their powers limitlessly. Sehun inhaled deeply. 

 

“I'm going to blow you away, you better win this newcomer.” Sehun exhaled and Luhan found himself flying across the whole place with the help of Sehun's strong wind pushing him forward. The wind was still pushing Luhan forward and he just couldn't understand the situation properly. Luhan started to shout on top of his lungs, all attention was directed at Luhan or the boy they referred as the 'pajamas deer'. Luhan looked down, he saw all the competitors looking straight up at him. He was almost near the goal! The wind didn't last long enough and Luhan fell down on the ground. Sehun laughed as he saw the panic Luhan had but that laughter didn't last that long. Sulli, one of the competitors from the school Starstruck was preparing to fire her magical gun at Luhan. Sehun cursed under his breath .

 

“Luhan! Watch out! Sulli is going to shoot you down! ” Sehun warned. Luhan gasped. Shoot?! Luhan thought with horror and looked around. He saw Sulli pointing her gun at him, he started to panic. Sehun cursed again and again. He could only hopelessly watch Luhan from afar. Sulli pulled the trigger. The crowd went silent. Luhan had said the magical words. 

 

“Vi vinlette.” Luhan repeated again, he stared at the two small iron balls two millimeters in front of his face. His eyes were wide open and his mouth was wide open. 

 

“What happened?” 

“What did he do?” 

 

The crowd was whispering and chit chatting. Luhan kept staring at the bullets, his eyes became teary from staring at the bullets so intensely. What was he suppose to do now? 

 

“Direct the bullets away from you!” Sehun shouted. Luhan nodded and tried to mentally command the bullets to change direction, somehow. The bullets turned direction, it was facing Sulli. Luhan stopped staring and the bullets hit Sulli and she was out of the game. The crowd was surprised, a newcomer managed to beat out Sulli and Luhan was the center of attention yet again, with his pajamas. Luhan ran and ran, he was out of breath. His mind was somewhere else while his legs were automatically running forward. The crowd was cheering and without Luhan realizing, he had crossed the goal line. Luhan collapsed with a tired look on his face. He was panting aggressively. He had never exhausted himself this much, it was his very first time. 

 

Sehun chuckled, he found Luhan amusing, very amusing

 

“Good job,” Daehyun said and helped Luhan up on his feet again. 

 

“Not really.” Luhan was still trying to catch his breath. Daehyun patted Luhan's back with a smirk. Sehun ran all the way to the goal line with a satisfied look on his face. He ruffled Luhan's hair with a grin.

 

“You're quite athletic aren't you?” Sehun elbowed Luhan's stomach. 

 

“It was thanks to you and your powers Sehun. That's an amazing power you've got there. Wind.” Luhan looked up with a smile that made Sehun's heart skip a beat. He turned around with his red ears. 

 

“No, not really. You were the amazing one,” Sehun mumbled. 

 

“Don't be so modest. You must be popular with girls, handsome and strong. Just saying,” Luhan randomly told Sehun who couldn't handle all the praises. 

 

“You were quite adorable when you worked so hard today,” Sehun muttered, but unfortunately did Luhan not catch that and Sehun was left ignored since Kai was talking to Luhan now. 

 

“Hey, Kai.” Sehun smirked, Kai looked up at Sehun with a frown. 

 

“Got some business with me?” Kai coldly responded. Luhan awkwardly stood between Sehun and Kai who kept on glaring each other. Sehun stared at Luhan and then Kai. Sehun did not like how the two of them interacted with each other. He and Kai were enemies after all. Sehun shot a death glare at Kai who stuck out his tongue in response to tease Sehun. 

 

“Luhan, you did a good job today but your personality is so damn fake,” Sehun said. Sehun was actually in shock after saying that. He could not believe his own words. He wondered why the hell he said that. What was with him? Sehun looked at Luhan's reaction, he was calm and not affected by it at all but Kai on the other hand ... 

 

“Huh? Who the hell are you to judge him? You barely know Luhan! He just transferred.” Kai stood in front of Luhan protectively. Sehun chuckled and shrugged his shoulders while walking away. 

 

“It's fine Kai, he's right. My personality is fake, most of the time.” Luhan scratched his head, he didn't what to say after all. Some parts of it was true, Luhan had to admit it. Was he suppose to be mad or sad? Luhan suddenly found himself teleported to his room after some minutes, he looked around with relief. He was too tired to think, he immediately fell asleep the moment he jumped all over his bed. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

“Master Luhan, it's time to wake up.” Sebastian came in with Luhan's breakfast, Luhan opened up his eyes with a sigh. He didn't want to wake up yet, it was too early for Luhan after all. He stared at his butler. A sudden thought struck his mind. 

 

“Where were you yesterday? During the night battle.” Luhan looked at Sebastian reaction, no reaction. Not even an answer or excuse. Luhan sighed, he buttoned up his own shirt and prepared himself. He kept on ignoring Sebastian who wanted to help him, he stared at the breakfast Sebastian had prepared. He turned around with a bitter smile. 

 

“I'm not hungry, you can throw that away,” Luhan coldly said and walked out of his mansion. Sebastian wasn't hurt by his master's words, he was used to it. Yesterday when Luhan turned a cold shoulder on him really made him shocked but not he had learned how to control his emotions and how to not care about Luhan's hurtful words or actions. Sebastian had to made sure that Luhan would undergo training soon, training to control his powers and training to awaken his second power. Sebastian didn't want him to awaken, if Luhan were to awaken the humanity would get destroyed but Luhan's father had ordered him to awaken Luhan's second power.

 

“Master, you mustn't let anyone see the crest on your chest.” Sebastian reminded Luhan for the hundred time. Luhan rolled his eyes, he was tired of Sebastian's nagging already. 

 

“I won't let anyone see it, okay. Just let me be,” Luhan mumbled and greeted a few students who passed by. Luhan was known, everyone knew who he was, everyone were there to witness Elenium's victory. Luhan yawned, he barely got some sleep today and he felt horrible.

 

“Hey there, you must be the famous transfer student Luhan. I'm Suho.” Suho took Luhan's hand with a smile. Luhan was taken aback, he awkwardly smiled back at the bright Suho.

 

“Say, why don't you come to the glass house 13:00? We're having a welcome party, all of the full star students are there after all. Even Kris,” Suho said. 

 

“Y-Yeah, sure,” Luhan replied.  Suho waved good bye and wandered off, Sebastian knew who Suho were. A rich heir, very rich. Kris was also a known name, even Luhan knew who he were. 

 

“Did he just say Kris?! That famous model. , the full star students must be awesome. Does that mean that even someone like Kris has powers? That's awesome. We're alike, just that I'm ... ” Luhan stopped talking. He was the demon prince. Luhan could still not understand it but he tried to just shrug it off. Who the hell cares? Luhan thought and entered the classroom. It got silent the moment he entered. The males were stunned to see Luhan with his butler and the infamous zero star Baekhyun or he's no longer a zero star. Thanks to his rich background for saving his he's now a full star member, he leads one of the strongest gangs in South Korea and he's a delinquent. 

 

Baekhyun's criminal activities were ignored and his father paid to the school to make them overlook his criminal activities but it's thanks to Baekhyun and his bad reputation that outsiders from other schools don't attack them. Everyone gulped, the silence was making their ears ring. 

 

“Move.” Baekhyun glared at Luhan. Luhan looked down, Baekhyun was slightly shorter than him. 

 

“Say please,” Luhan said to Baekhyun and raised his left eyebrow. The class gasped. They were ready for a world war, world war three. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

So sorry for the long delay, but here's the chapter. Please upvote, it won't cost you anything eue. Comment as well!