Episode 4: Flashback

Demon Prince, Luhan

PjTMPFo.png

“You know him master?” Sebastian asked Luhan, he nodded in response. 

 

“Don't you remember him Sebastian? Kai.” Luhan frowned. Sebastian thought about it, why did that name sound so awfully familiar.  Sebastian looked at Kai with a judging look. Kai had a very nice muscle structure and he looked kind of cold, he had natural tanned skin. He looked like the fierce and rough type. Sebastian suddenly got a flashback. 

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

Flashback: Luhan & Kai - Childhood Times

“Master Luhan behave!” Sebastian roughly grabbed Luhan's wrist to calm him down. Luhan looked at Sebastian with a glare. Sebastian looked at the annoyed 12 years old boy in front of him, the one who saved his life. It was exactly one year ago he got saved by Luhan. Sebastian was beaten up in the streets, he was a guy his parents had abandoned just like that but Luhan took him in without any hesitation. Luhan was a nice kid with a pure heart. That was when Sebastian also decided to serve as a butler and help Luhan through anything that would trouble him. 

 

“Give me some ice cream and I shall forgive you Sebastian.” Luhan pouted and looked away with an angry expression. Sebastian never understood this kid though, what did he do wrong this time? Luhan was never a straightforward kid to begin with and he was never ever a honest kid as well. 

 

“As I said, what did I do wrong?” Sebastian sighed as he tried to get eye contact with Luhan by turning his head. Luhan stomped on the ground, he sat down, that was his way rebelling.  

 

“Mister Sebastian and master Luhan, an important guest has arrived. They're sitting in the living room and they wish to meet you Luhan,” A staff said with a low voice. Luhan narrowed his eyes at the staff. Luhan was not pleased to hear that, another business person? Another person who likes to fake smile to win his favor? Another extremely boring person who only talks about politics and economy? Luhan gritted his teeth, this was the 5th person already for today. 

 

“Yeah yeah, we're coming,” Luhan replied and dragged Sebastian down with him after dressing up properly. Despite Luhan's bratty side and the fact that he might as well come off as an arrogant person, he's still a very shy boy. The instant he saw his guests he immediately hid behind Sebastian. He peeked at the guests from Sebastian's back with red cheeks. 

 

“Master Luhan, now's not the time to be this shy. Greet your guests.” Sebastian patted Luhan's head, Luhan shyly walked forward. Sebastian shook his head, did Luhan have two faces or what? He was acting so bratty and annoyed just a minute ago, but now he's acting all shy. Sebastian was still very young and easily annoyed by things as well, he wonder how many times he had to bit his lip and bear with Luhan's silliness. 

 

“Good day mister Kim. I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you.” Luhan bowed 90 degrees at the fully grown adult. Mister Kim immediately smiled, he pushed Jongin forward. 

 

“Hello Luhan, it's nice to meet you too. I'm waiting for your father you see, how about playing with Jongin for a while?” Mister Kim ruffled Luhan's hair casually and patted Jongin's back. Jongin looked awkwardly at Luhan, Jongin didn't really like Luhan. Jongin could tell that they both had nothing in common. Jongin never socialized with people he didn't find interesting, fun or someone weak. Jongin himself was a person who liked to control things, he loved being the stronger one. He was an ally of justice after all. 

 

“H-Hello, I'm Lu Han,” Luhan stuttered, he was kind of afraid of Jongin who stood there glaring at Luhan. 

 

“Lu Han? Okay, Luhan. Let's go outside. I don't want to bother my father anymore,” Jongin said after seeing how his father looked at him. Luhan nodded slowly, not knowing how to act around Jongin. He just followed Jongin. Luhan realized how tall this Jongin was compared to him and Luhan certainly didn't like it. 

 

“Do you drink milk every day or what. You're too tall.” Luhan grimaced. Jongin looked down on Luhan.

 

“You're being a jellybean or what?” Jongin raised his left eyebrow. Luhan gasped. 

 

“You dare to call me a jellybean? Then you're chocopie.” Luhan certainly made Jongin snap at those words. Chocopie. 

 

“You called me a chocopie kid? You really did that?” Jongin immediately slammed Luhan against the wall. He shot a glare that made Luhan shiver of fear. Luhan tried to act cool about it. 

 

“What? I can't call you chocopie? You called me jellybean!” Luhan barked at Jongin who sighed. 

 

“I was just teasing you! God. I'm not that childish to even use the word jellybean.” Jongin adverted his eyes away from Luhan's and walked away. Luhan who didn't know what to do just followed Jongin again. 

 

“How old are you then?” Luhan asked. 

 

“Not telling. You?” Jongin yawned and rubbed his eyes. 

 

“I'm twelve.” Luhan scrunched his nose. Jongin stopped walking. Twelve? How can this kid be twelve?! Jongin thought and wanted to jump off a bridge. Jongin didn't want to admit it, was this Luhan older than him? How could that be? Jongin pinched Luhan's ear. 

 

“Kiddo, don't lie to me. You're not twelve! How can someone who's this childish be twelve?!” Jongin narrowed his eyes at Luhan who frowned. 

 

“What? Me? Childish? At least I don't have bad temper.” Luhan snickered. 

 

“You ...” Jongin punched Luhan who gaped wide. He touched his swollen cheek with a terrified look on his face. What just happened? Luhan blinked several of times, wondering what the hell Jongin just did to him. His mind was blank and he was utterly speechless. 

 

“You—” Luhan's head got all red, he was full of anger and he pushed Jongin away. He kicked Jongin's leg and ran away. 

 

“Yah! You kiddo! Come back!” Jongin gritted his teeth as he chased Luhan endlessly. They ended up running around in the forest and it was getting late. Jongin panted hard, he had lost sight of Luhan. Jongin suddenly jumped, he looked behind him, nothing to be seen. He looked at his watch, it was getting late. He had to at least find Luhan and bring him back home, he'd get scolded badly by his father if he came back alone with no Luhan next to him. But maybe Luhan already went back home without him? 

 

“What a hassle. Luhan! Luhan!” Jongin shouted in the forest. It was pitch dark in the forest and Jongin started to get worried, he had searched and shouted for Luhan for at least a thousand times now. Maybe Luhan really left alone? Jongin started to walk around in circles. He decided to walk back to Luhan's mansion to check if he was at home. Jongin left the forest and ran with full speed towards the mansion. He slowly, with careful steps, walked upstairs to search for Luhan but he couldn't find him. He walked downstairs quietly, Luhan was no where in the mansion. He started to panic. 

 

“I-I need to get back to the forest,” Jongin said to himself and ran out, he quickly grabbed a flashlight and his jacket. He went out to search for Luhan in the dark. He shouted Luhan's name again and again. He didn't care if his clothes were to get dirty, he had to find Luhan. He started to feel guilty now, this wouldn't have happened if he had just ignored Luhan's insulting words. Furthermore, he got way too angry and pissed off over a small matter. He had wandered around in the forest for a long time, he had been there for one hour now. He sat down hopelessly after a while. He clenched his fists. What would his father say if he found out? Jongin felt the urge to cry, but he was a mature kid and a man. A man does not cry, Jongin thought and held back his tears. 

 

“Tsk, what should I do about this now. . .” Luhan mumbled. Jongin stopped breathing for a second, was that Luhan's voice? 

 

“Luhan!” Jongin shouted with a loud voice. 

 

“Oh! Jongin! I'm over here! Here!” Luhan shouted back, it wasn't as loud but Jongin could still hear him. Jongin followed the direction Luhan's voice came from. He got startled as he almost fell over the very edge of a small mountain. Jongin looked down at Luhan who was waving at him. 

 

“Why are you still down there?!” Jongin asked with a worried tone. 

 

“I injured my foot, I can't walk.” Luhan scratched his head with a smile. Jongin looked at the kid's smile, how could he still smile after falling off a mountain and injuring himself? Jongin shoved his flashlight into his pocket and started to climb down, carefully. It went well until he reached the middle, he lost his grip and fell down. He felt pain rushing throughout his body from his foot. He flinched and grimaced at the pain.

 

“Jongin! Are you okay?” Luhan crawled over to Jongin's side. 

 

“Worry about yourself idiot.” Jongin smiled hopelessly at the boy. Jongin saw how Luhan was shivering, he took off his jacket and gave it to Luhan. 

 

“Wear it, it's cold,” Jongin mumbled with red cheeks and looked away. Luhan laughed for himself and took it on. 

 

“Well, it's getting late. Let's go back home.” Jongin stood up, he could feel his pain coming from his foot but he tried to ignore the pain. He squatted down and smirked at Luhan. 

 

“Hop on, it'll go so much faster if I carry you. You can't even walk properly with that foot so don't even think about it,” Jongin said. Luhan hesitated but did as he was told. Jongin carried Luhan as he tried to find another path back home. Luhan could see Jongin sweating. 

 

“Am I heavy?” Luhan worriedly asked. Jongin laughed. 

 

“It's because of the hot weather, don't worry,” Jongin replied. Luhan rolled his eyes. Jongin suddenly smiled. 

 

“We're here!” Jongin shouted and pointed at the mansion .

 

“What are we going to do about our parents?” The worried Luhan asked. 

 

“Let's tip toe up to your room and change clothes and pretend that nothing has happened,” Jongin said, he let Luhan down and the both of them attempted to tip toe upstairs without anyone realizing, but of course did Sebastian notice them. 

 

“Master Luhan!” Sebastian called out. The two fathers immediately turned around, they had been worried, way too worried. 

 

“Luhan!” Luhan's father did not sound so pleased while Jongin's father embraced Jongin, just like a true father would do. Luhan looked at Jongin getting a hug from his father with a sad smile. Sebastian realized the sadness Luhan suddenly felt, he quickly gave Luhan a hug. 

 

“We were worried,” Sebastian whispered into Luhan's ear, Luhan hugged Sebastian back with a grin. 

 

“Luhan! What have you done? Causing such troubles to mister Kim and his son!” Luhan's father scolded. Jongin was shocked, why did his father not hug him? Why was he scolding Luhan? 

 

“Mister, it was my fault and Luhan has an injury! His foot! Why won't you spare him this time and be like a parent should be in this situation,” Jongin angrily said. 

 

“Yes, it was probably my son's fault so please don't blame Luhan. I'll call a doctor,” Mister Kim said and immediately called a doctor. Luhan's father shook his head with disappointment. Jongin suddenly gave Luhan a hug.

 

“Sorry for today.” Jongin apologized with a bow. 

 

“It's fine,” Luhan said. Mister Kim looked at his clock, it was late and he had to get his own son treated as well. He noticed Jongin's injured foot and left in hurry. 

 

“I'll come by tomorrow!” Jongin shouted and waved farewell at Luhan who nodded eagerly. That was the start of their forever friendship, Jongin started to visit regularly and they even went to the same school for a while, until Jongin suddenly transferred to another school and he never contacted Luhan again. 

 

 

PjTMPFo.png

Phew, out with another chapter. I just wanted you to know how they met and all, also you probably understood a bit more about Luhan's father, how he treats Luhan in this story. 
Thanks for all the comments, always fun to read them!