Minseok Has Bad Aim

Marry Me, Maybe?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok Has Bad Aim

“What were you guys doing?” Yixing was catching his breath desperately with his hands on his knees, sweat beading and rolling off his temple. “The game was three to one, but none of you would know obviously.”

The game had eventually ended and some of the boys returned immediately to the van to where the cooler was kept to fish out drinks. Out in the blistering sun, it was a challenge to stay hydrated. My hair tied in a ponytail was as much as I could help myself at that moment. Minseok and Kris were still kicking the ball around on the field despite dripping in sweat.

“We were playing truth or dare,” Junmyeon answered, stretching his left leg from sitting in the same position for so long.

“No fair. I would have joined!” Tao whined.

“Wouldn’t you rather shower with Baekhyun?” Chanyeol questioned him, immediately breaking into screaming laughter as soon as he realized what he said. He earned a kick to the shoulder from Baekhyun who apparently knew hapkido and decided it was the proper situation to use. I guess he forgot to make us promise not to mention any of the things confessed during the game.

“Who did something really really embarrassing?” Kyungsoo’s eyes flickered between us.

Fingers pointed at Jongdae. “We saw his .”

“Ew,” half of them groaned to which Jongdae demanded them of what they thought was so wrong with his ‘beautiful’ .

Sehun giggled to himself. “Did Sora noona have to flash anyone?”

I stared at Sehun with an impassive expression.

Luhan glanced up from tying his shoelaces to speak up as my alleged fiancé. “I’m right here you know!”

“I know.”

“You’re like twelve how do you even know what that means?!” Yixing asked, bumping shoulders with Sehun.

Sehun crossed his arms. “I’m not twelve!”

“Let’s get going everyone!” Junmyeon announced, interrupting Sehun from a string of arguments with the others about how he wasn’t a baby. He was in the middle of showing Yixing his armpit hair in a way to prove that he had hit puberty a long time ago.

Picking up their bags and wrappers from opened snacks, we made our way to the van to decide on a place to eat lunch, or dinner because it was the late afternoon. I turned my head to Luhan who caught up beside me. He immediately took my left hand in his and gave Jongdae a look as soon as he merely looked at my direction.

I rolled my eyes and tip-toed to ask him directly in his ear. “You’re not actually jealous, are you?”

Luhan sputtered and laughed one big Ha!  “I’m not jealous. Do you want me to leave you alone with ten hormonal men?”

“Nice excuse.”

“It’s not—!”

“Luhan, heads up!” Minseok who was still in the soccer field with the ball called behind at us.

One second, I was enjoying the nice air and looking forward to eating seafood, and then next there was a sudden pain that branched out from my lower back with a force that made me take a step forward. The soccer ball that Minseok kicked directly at me rolled away like it was innocent. I turned around to accusingly glower at him. “Ow, Fu— Minseok, what the hell!”

Minseok was in the field, still frozen in the position of post-kicking the ball except his jaw had dropped.

Chanyeol and Tao who happened to witness the whole thing broke into a knee-slapping laugh while Tao wheezed out, “Nice aim hyung!”

Luhan immediately responded by patting my back where I was grasping on to it in pain. The little grin on his face told me he half wanted to laugh along with his friends. “Are you okay? That looked like it hurt.”

“I’m so sorry! Oh my god!” Minseok hollered with flailing arms, breaking into a jog to approach us. “I swear that was meant for Luhan!”

The look Luhan threw Minseok made him freeze on the spot again. “If you come any closer, I swear I’ll kick you triple-fold in the face with the same ball.”

 

 

 

As soon as I stepped foot in my room after going through the long drive back to the villa, I immediately threw myself on the bed face-first, not minding the thought of death-by-suffocation by the pillows; though I probably should not have done that because the pain that still lingered on my back from the blow of the ball spiked me again. In fact, it bothered me all day even though Minseok had apologized five million times. I told him I forgave him five million times as well.

“Are you okay, or are you just going to rot there?” I heard Luhan ask just before he walked into the open-doored bathroom to change into the clothes he was going to wear for bed.

My voice was muffled because of the pillow covering my face. “Probably rot.”

He in air through his teeth sharply. “Is it bruised? Because Yixing always brings medicine and hot packs and all that wherever he goes, you know. If you need some, his room is two doors away.”

Picking myself up, I wandered to the vanity desk with the mirror and stood in front of it. Turning myself around and looking back to lift the hem of my shirt, I witnessed for the first time the little purple stain on my skin. It wasn’t anything drastic. “I think I’m okay.”

The door creaked from Luhan emerging from the bathroom. “What do you mean you’re okay? That’s a bruise.”

“Yeah, but it’s really tiny so— Oh my god.” My hand flew at my chest from a sudden heart attack. I saw Luhan at the mirror’s reflection still getting changed behind me. He was standing next to the closet without a top on and digging through the hanged laundry, acting like he changed his clothes in front of girls thousands of times and was totally accustomed to it.

Well, I was not.

He looked behind his shoulder from my sudden outburst. “What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter