Yo Baby

Marry Me, Maybe?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yo Baby

Jungang turned out to be an underground shopping center. The whole place was like one big and long corridor with various shops and stands scattered throughout. Everyone seemed excited about being there—well actually, anyone being compared to me would look more than excited. Reason being, I was trailing behind the boys with my vision barely focused and I couldn’t stop yawning. Kris was ogling the designer bags on sale and Yixing was having a dilemma about too much purple in his closet and cried about it even though he had just purchased another purple beanie.

“Are you okay?” Luhan put his forearm on my shoulder and leaned against me as if I didn’t look like I was about to fall over already.

“I’m tired.” I rubbed my eyes.

“Did you not sleep at all last night?”

“I did, but I guess I’m just used to having my morning coffee and it’s been a while.”

“I’d love to help you but...” Luhan craned his neck and glanced around. “I don’t think there’s a 9 Extracts café anywhere here.”

I tapped my cheeks with both hands in an attempt to recharge some life into me. “Then I’m fine.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to try other coffee brands, because you know, there are better ones—”

I shook my head.

Luhan pointed to a water fountain children were sitting on the edge by and throwing coins in. “I bet if I throw you in there, you’ll be 100% awake.”

“Don’t!” He earned a slap on his shoulder.

“I’m hungry,” Baekhyun announced, making a beeline for an available convenience store and managing to dodge all other bystanders. The rest of the boys followed behind him with Jongdae calling at Luhan and I saying, “Slowpokes, hurry!”   

“But you guys, I wanted to shop first!” Tao whined before reluctantly trailing behind anyway. “I just found out I look really good in Fedoras.”

Luhan pulled me along beside him. “C’mon, I’m hungry for a snack too.”

As soon as we entered the convenience store, it looked like a flock of boys had come to dig through the junk food isle. Luhan separated from me when he spotted a whole row of Doritos. I frowned at him. One day, he was going to sacrifice me over for a bag of chips. I wandered by myself over to the beverage section where a sale sign with yellow font announced Sale: Buy 1, get any drink free.  

I had my eye on a Monster energy drink in the green logoed can and fished that out of the fridge. Since it was on sale, I figured I could pick up another. Looking through the juices and milks, I wondered which one Luhan would like. Grabbing a bottle of Starbucks’ Frappuccino, I had a feeling he’d prefer it since the guy had a thing for cold caffeinated drinks.

Turning around, I searched the store to find him. Catching him still lingering in the Doritos isle, I scoffed to myself and made my way toward him. He looked slightly awkward, staring at the bags until I noticed a saleswoman sticking herself beside him. She was being aggressively helpful and read out all the flavors to him even though she and I both knew Luhan could read. It didn’t help that he was wearing a sleeveless top because she clung onto his bicep with a hand like her life might have depended on it. The other boys were beside her, but apparently only Luhan kept her interest.

When he chose the sweet spicy chili flavor, she grabbed the bag and with a twist of a strand of hair around her finger she said, “I’ll ring this up for you at the counter and in exchange you could give me your phone number?”

Luhan scratched his neck. “Umm—”

Before even giving him a chance to reply, she skipped ahead to the front counter to stand behind it with a smile on her face that looked like rainbows might shoot out of her in a few moments. He unwillingly followed her.

I could have laughed and watched him awkwardly try to buy his bag of chips without giving a flirtatious stranger his phone number, but decided I would help him out anyway. Clutching both drinks in my hands tighter, I made my way to him. He was pulling out bills from his wallet when the total amount was displayed in the green font. I got on my toes to blow in his ear from behind.

Luhan flinched and leaned away out of reflex. “You scared me!”

“That was the point.” I grinned in satisfaction and forced the two drinks in his hands. “I got these for us.”

He balanced them on each of his palms. “They’re still cold.” Luhan pressed the energy drink on my cheek which I shivered at slightly.

I dug out my wallet from my purse and shook it with the coins clinking against each other. “I’ll buy those two and your Doritos.”

“Okay tha—” Luhan eyed the woman who was now staring at the two of us with the utmost curiosity. She gave me a look like I had just stolen her day’s catch with a bigger bait. At once, Luhan pulled out his fiancé persona. “Aww baby, it’s okay. I have money with me.” Luhan slung an arm around me in a tight side-hug.  

“Are you sure?” I frowned up at him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter