Good Luck Kiss

Marry Me, Maybe?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Good Luck Kiss

I stepped out of the bathroom after having just washed my face and dried it off with a towel. I eyed Luhan who was standing beside the bedroom's window. He stared outside at a scene in some curiousness. “You can use it now,” I told Luhan, referring to the bathroom. On a usual day, he darted through the tiniest crack of the bathroom door as soon as I was finished with it before I could even step out.

“Sure,” he muttered, although he did not budge from his spot and remained still.

I moved to stand beside him, peeking at the commotion outside. “What’s going on?”

“I think we’re going camping today.”

The sun had still been halfway until it would reach its highest point. Jongdae was hauling nylon bags with Tao on the back of the vans. Minseok hugged a package of marshmallows to his chest and threatened Baekhyun when he asked Minseok for some. Kris was yawning with a pillow he squished to his chest and it looked as if Jongdae was contemplating whether to throw a pebble in Kris' open mouth or not.

My eyes fell on Jongin speaking to Kyungsoo and Junmyeon. I had to blink again and again to make sure I was seeing right. “Then what’s going on with that?” I pointed to the group of three.

Luhan made a face. “You haven’t noticed? Jongin has been buddy-buddy with some of the guys lately. He was showing off pictures of his car to Tao earlier.”

“Do you not see the problem with that?” I clung on to Luhan's sleeve in sudden panic. “Jongin’s the only one who knows the truth here. What if someone mentions to him that we’re engaged?”

Luhan faced me with wide eyes upon letting the realization set on him. “Wait, there are a lot of people in Korea with the name Sora though,” he reasoned.

I nodded slowly, understanding that he was right. Even if someone did mention that Luhan and a girl named Sora were engaged, he wouldn't assume it was me because it wouldn't make sense, right? I think so. Right? Jongin was friendlier with the others than I thought. He was pointing at something on Junmyeon's hair and laughed which resulted in Junmyeon kicking his knee.

“You don’t think he’s here to see me? I never answered his text last night.”

“Maybe.” Luhan yawned and turned to head to the bathroom. “He’s persistent, huh?”

“Very.” ...Or maybe he was just there to give some helpful advice on camping.

 

 

 

Chanyeol glanced away from the TV as soon as Luhan and I emerged in the living room. “Well you two are finally up. It’s just Sehun we’re waiting on.”

“I volunteer to kick him out of bed!” Kris, who had just come in through the front door and heard, raised his hand and dashed up the stairs.

“We’re going camping?” Luhan stole the bagel from Chanyeol’s hand and took out a giant bite before returning it to him.

“Yeah...” Chanyeol sadly stared at his breakfast. “But we can’t stay for long. The weather is supposed to be bad soon and we’re just squeezing the camping plans in before we leave.”

“Guys!” Yixing poked his head through the front door. “Help us pack, will you?” There was desperation in his face as he looked back at Jongdae and Tao who were throwing sticks at each other instead of packing.

 

 

 

“Grab the cooler. I got this.” Luhan held up a few pillows that were to match with the sleeping bags and made his way to the vans to stuff them away. I stared at the blue, plastic thing that Sehun had filled with ice earlier.

I bent to pick it up by both handles on the sides, but Yixing’s hands beat me to it. He shouted towards Luhan. “Hey, why are you making Sora carry the heavy things?”

Kris scoffed at the pillows Luhan was holding. “Manly my .”

Luhan frowned and piled the pillows on my outstretched arms while he snatched the cooler from Yixing. “I was just playing around. Pfft.”

I proceeded to load the pillows into the cars. Considering there were twelve of us, I had a lot of back-and-forth walking exercise. Luhan was testing out a can of mosquito killer. He coughed when he sprayed the thing closer to himself than he originally planned. I thought I laughed more discreetly at his reaction, but I was apparently loud because Luhan sent me a glower. Throwing in the last of the pillows by the back of the van, I turned to check in the villa in case I forgot anything behind, but was surprised with Luhan suddenly appearing behind me instead.

With his arms squeezing around my waist, Luhan used me like a human shield and tossed me around while he protected himself from whatever icky goo Tao had at the end of his stick that he threatened to poke Luhan with. “Tao, stop! I’ll sacrifice Sora to you!”

“Luhan! What the hell?!” I was being whirled around in circles like a rag doll with apparently no sense of human emotion. Tao let out an evil chuckle and held the stick closer. Covering my eyes, I screamed.

Baekhyun swooped in to the rescue with his apparent hapkido skills and kicked Tao’s stick away. Tao complained in angry Chinese and Baekhyun made the smart decision to bolt away from his attacker.

I made a step forward to the villa though Luhan was keeping me firmly in place. I attempted to pry off his arms to no success. “Go away. I’m trying to get things done here.”

Luhan laughed, tightening his grip in what he thought was a fun way to annoy me. “Wait, what if Tao comes back with more sticks?”

“I will personally shove the stick up—” The rest of my sentence was left uncompleted as soon as I made eye contact with Jongin. He stood with his arms crossed while Kyungsoo rambled on about a story. Jongin squinted at Luhan and I.

“You’ll what?” Luhan followed my line of sight and automatically released me as soon as he realized that we had an audience. Scratching his nape awkwardly, he said something about helping Sehun before he wandered away.

I kept my gaze steady with Jongin. My hands were at my hips and I raised a brow as if to ask, what are you looking at? Scoffing, Jongin said something to Kyungsoo before he turned away.

 

 

 

Our campsite was situated beside the beach. It took a while before the group could find a spot that wasn’t being crowded by families or where the shores weren't lined up with ugly seaweeds. After finding a nice and secluded place, everyone dispersed to set up tents and arranged the wood for the future bonfire.

Lying on a towel, I decided I’d spend my afternoon doing absolutely nothing. An umbrella overshadowed me and spared me the power of the sun because that afternoon was particularly hot despite Chanyeol mentioning the weather wasn’t going to be lightened up during the next few days. Sehun was draped over a log with a towel on his head while Jongdae held an icepack on his neck.

“It’s so hot out,” Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter