Finding Love

✴ Wake Up To Love! ✴

CHAPTER SEVEN
FINDING LOVE

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

      You dialled Jimin's number roughly five times, but there was no answer. The reception was bad up in the mountains, so you took that as back-up that he was up there. 

"Here I come. Wait for me." You said at the bottom of the mountain entrance. 

You made your way up the mountain, but after half an hour there was still no sign of Jimin. You walked past other locals and people who came to exercise, but no one of your age who wore baggy shorts and loved caps. Time flew as you continued up and around the mountain side. Judging by your estimations on Jimin's character, if he planned to have fun up in the mountains, he wouldn't stay on the cleared track, he'd go around the mountain sideways, through the trees and birds. So that's what you did. That's what you did for about two hours, until your feet couldn't go any further and you dropped by a tree. 

Panting with a hoarse voice, you carefully took off your J necklace and watched as the sunlight that slipped in through the gaps between the leafs of the trees shone on it. Looking at it gave you the motivation to keep going. You pushed yourself to your feet, when the unstable sticks slipped on the slope and you slid to your . It wasn't a moment later until you realised the necklace wasn't in your grip. You watched as it slipped down the slope and fall off the edge, landing on the ground roughly four metres below. There was no way you could jump down without hurting yourself, and leaning off the edge as you were, you could barely see it anymore. The wind blew loose leaves across the floor and covered it up every few seconds. You watched it with watery eyes - it was your last piece of hope. That symbol that kept you going. Your feet gave in as well as your mind for the moment, and you called out Jimin's name for the last time. 

You sat there wondering when you would finally be able to see him. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

     She threw the ball at Jimin's head and the answer came to him. 

Bam. The memories, the people, the court, and the screams. The flashbacks that seemed to be like a dream returned as the truth in his mind, and he turned around to give Boyoung a long look. He sighed with a tense face. She'd always been like this, and he was sick of it. He enjoyed her company as a younger sibling, but she constantly crossed the line and ticked him off. 

"Boyoung-ah..." he spoke coldly. She still smiled, oblivious to what she had done - undone her own mask and the fake situation she created. "My memory just came back." Her face dropped and she looked down in slight shame, as she always did each time she was preparing herself for his disappointed lectures. She was as used to the situation as he was, but she was older now. She was able to think for herself and talk back. Jimin's lecture as her guardian-like figure didn't last long when she blurted out, in anger, that she had sent you on a wild goose chase. Jimin's eyebrows furrowed and he stepped closer to her. 

"What did you do?" His voice cold as ice. As her uncertain eyes looked back into his furious expression she couldn't help but remember the previous days where he would voluntarily walk up to her first with a warm, close feeling and hold her in his arms like she would always be his. "I sent her off. You won't find her, at least not today you won't." She looked away as she confessed her slight evil actions. Jimin grabbed her wrist and lifted it inbetween them. She tried to break free but couldn't. He spoke in his icy voice again that travelled deeper across the air of the empty basketball court. "Where... is she?" 

He was shooting flames into her that she despised. She hated knowing that he would never care so much about her, that he wouldn't harshly grab a girl close enough to be his sister's arm and scare her to get the truth. She hated the feeling - the feeling she'd lived with for too long now. She hated the look he gave her when she stared into his eyes - because all she saw was the rage he felt when he was worried for another girl; another girl that wasn't her. Her eyes shook, tempting to fall tears. 

The world didn't hate Boyoung. She just hated the fact that everytime she liked something, or someone, she could never get it. 

"She's probably half way up the mountains by now." 

"What?! You sent her up the mountains? Are you crazy?!" Jimin let go and yelled at her, gripping his cap in frustration. 

Her eyes filled with sadness. She turned her head sharply to face him. "Yes, I'm crazy! I'm crazily in love with you and I hate myself for it!" 

Her words suddenly shut Jimin up as he just glanced and listened to her. She pulled at her hair as she continued. "You think I like doing these things? Every since two years ago all I've done was try to get your attention. All those times I try to look mature you said I'd always be your favourite family friend, so I changed my attire completely and even hanged around hot guys to make you jealous. But you never cared! And what now? You fall for this plain-as-paper girl in your class and you ditch all my efforts for her? You'll never understand what I've been through, Park Jimin. You never will." 

Jimin took a long blink as he noticed it was the first time she had ever called him by his full name. As she started to break down he hugged her and let her cry in his arms. He gulped as he felt sorry - because he couldn't do anything. Seriously, what do you do to stop someone from liking you? Even if you tried, they'd just compliment that the time you pulled the ugly face was really cute, and that they missed you so much during the week you purposely avoided them. Besides, if the answer was that simple, Taehyung wouldn't be hiding pictures of you and him in his wallet. 

After a few moments Boyoung broke the hug and gave Jimin his phone, pushing against his chest. "Go, go get her. Quickly." She wiped her tears and looked up at him. 

"You sure?" 

She nodded in response. He smiled and gave her a small kiss on the forehead, "You'll always be my favourite family friend" before running off. Boyoung watched him rush off to search for his love, and for the first time, she saw Jimin in a way she had never seen before. She saw the lovely side to him that she had always wanted for herself, but for once, she was comfortable watching it as an outsider. She smiled and took a deep breath - it felt good to watch Jimin go towards the direction of his heart. She felt proud of him, but more of herself too. Better late than never, but she had let him go.

 

You watched it with watery eyes - it was your last piece of hope. That symbol that kept you going. 

 

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Hope you liked the seventh chapter!

If you did, please subscribe and leave a comment if you wish!