Let Go?

✴ Wake Up To Love! ✴

CHAPTER FIVE
LET GO?

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

      You all grouped up at Jimin's house. Taehyung was already there, standing by the couch with Jimin's parents. Forcing Jimin and his... whoever she was to cut their 'date' short seemed mean, but there was definitely some explanation that was needed to be done. 

Taehyung's eyes told you he had just found out too, and was here to work out how the hell Park Jimin doesn't remember you. 

 

     "He has partial amnesia." 

"What?!" It came out so suddenly from you, like the idea of Jimin losing his memory sounded too impossible. It had only been four days since you last saw him. "He had a basketball game on Tuesday, and knocked his head on the ring board pole. From what we heard, he was about to jump up to block the ball when he tripped over his shoelaces and knocked his head." 

Parkma's words transferred as almost uninterpretable to you. Jimin? Park Jimin - the greatest basketball player in the whole school - falling over in a basketball match? It was truly unthinkable. 

"Apparently he was distracted on the day. Students said he kept looking at the crowd like he was looking for someone."

You glanced over at the two people who acted like a couple over by the kitchen table. He fed her food while she cheekily ate it and they shared a joke. You shut your eyes tightly. Regret filled you. Jimin was right, 'That's why you do it earlier before the due date, duh."

Ugh. You ran your palm over your face. If only you were able to go watch him play.

"Luckily, Boyoung was there. She was supposed to arrive today, but she confessed that she couldn't wait to see Jimin so she came earlier as a surprise. She went to see him at his school and was there when it happened. It's fortunate she was there, she looked after him until the ambulance came and they've been around each other the past two days too."

"So... what about school?"

"Two days off will be fine. Boyoung only comes around a few times a year, I want the two of them to have as much time as they can," Parkma looked across house, into the kitchen with a satisfied face, "they match well together, don't they?"

You blinked while your breath started to speed up; you watched them, a poignant feeling building up. 

"Anyway, you look really pretty today you, going somewhere?" Parkma asked. Her words only triggered more pain, and you let out a low chuckle that symbolised her explanations sharply piercing your heart. 

"Yeah. I was going to the cinemas..." You mumbled. 

"Oh, alone? Why don't you go now with Jimin, Boyoung and Taehyung? The four of you all together will be more fun." 

You loved her. You loved Parkma a lot, but right now, the cinemas were like a dream put on hold. 

"So, when will his memory come back?" 

She gave a faint smile with no other intention, oblivious to how you felt way more than just normal shock to the situation. "We don't know. It could be tomorrow, in two weeks, or even longer. But it's only partial, so he will regain his memory back soon."

 

     "You guys go ahead." 

Jimin and Boyoung, arm around arm, turned around and gave you a confused look. You smiled back nicely, "I just... remembered I had something to attend to. The two of you go and enjoy your-" you paused and blinked for a moment, "date." The four of you stood outside the house, Taehyung just behind you, watching over your shoulder. 

They looked at each other for a moment as they shared the polite expression of considering if they should really leave their guest behind, but you insisted, and they left to attend to their initial plan. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

     Taehyung walked beside you with his hands in his front jean pockets, staying silent for the first few minutes. The familiar pavement and street allowed some comfort as you took in the warm scent of family and love in the community. With your head up, you walked ahead with lost thoughts. As much as you felt like you needed to worry, there was really nothing to worry about. First of all, Jimin lost his memory, so that was a reasonable enough excuse for not showing up for the cinema meet-up with you. Second, his 'family-friend' turned into his girlfriend, whom his family approves of, but once he regains his memory, it'll all be fine, right? 

So all you had to do was help Jimin get his memory back... 

"Hey, you?" 

You turned your head to look over your shoulder, recognising Taehyung's prescence. "With the whole amnesia thing, we have no idea when Jimin will actually regain his memory, right? I mean, it could be months, or even... years..." 

The initial positiveness you gave yourself was slowly turned off by Taehyung; he saw the situation very differently to how you did. 

"Y-Yeah... maybe..." you mumbled before looking down. 

"So... what happens if he doesn't regain his memory any time soon? Will you still... wait for him?" Taehyung's footsteps slowed down along with his speaking, and his beat slowed you down too. What was he getting at? 

You frowned lightly with a bit of conflict. You weren't actually sure how to reply to his question, and especially to him. 

"If he doesn't regain it anytime soon... will you let him go?" You glanced over your shoulder once again and noticed he was staring at you seriously, though his stance was casual - he was trying to let his words slip out naturally so you wouldn't feel sad, but he had his own purposes too. 

"And... and come to me?" 

Your feet screeched to a stop. You stood in the middle of the street with Taehyung just behind you, watching you. 

Your eyelids closed slowly. You weren't able to do it. You weren't able to fake that you knew he liked you. But then again, the only reason he could tell you knew this whole time was because he was your best friend - he knew you well, probably better than anyone else will for a long, long time. 

Once he realised you weren't ready to reply, he let out a light laugh and stepped in front to be shoulder-to-shoulder with you. 

"Ice-cream?" He offered with a big smile. You looked up at him, and couldn't help but chuckle. He always knew you liked to eat ice cream when you were sad or had a lot on your mind. Damn, you had to admit it was great having friends that knew you inside-out. 

You nodded, secretly feeling apologetic to him. A split moment of thought crossed your mind - would you ever come to like Taehyung as more than just a friend? The idea sounded so distant, though you knew clearly that all it took was a simply decision and a simple step - because he was always by your side. He only waited for that one step you were willing to take towards him. But you had to feel sorry, because the honest soul within you knew that that day would never come. 

 

He only waited for that one step you were willing to take towards him. But you had to feel sorry, because the honest soul within you knew that that day would never come. 

 

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Hope you liked the fifth chapter!

If you did, please subscribe and leave a comment if you wish!