Together... Or Not?

✴ Wake Up To Love! ✴

CHAPTER THREE
TOGETHER... OR NOT?

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

      You let it hang from alternate fingers and watched it lighty turn before your eyes. It was beautiful; sparkling and beautiful. J. What a nice letter. It was your very first present. It was long, silver, and dangled comfortably from your light grip. 

"Where'd you get that?" Taehyung pulled his chair out from under the table loudly and sat down roughly, obviously not in the best of moods. It was a present, you replied, and he stayed silent after that. He didn't need to ask any further to know. 

'Coz yeah, he gave it. Park Jimin gave it. 

When you arrived back at the airport, he made sure the two of you checked out first so he would have the time to pull you away - to let the two of you be alone. "Hey," he started. You gulped. Your heart wasn't ready to hear the words yet - even after the confession and the lantern lighting, hearing those words would still be unthinkable. "This is... for you." And that's where the most unexpected gift you ever recieved made its appearance. 

You took the red box from his palm slowly, looking up and giving him a smile that he looked away to. As the lid flipped open, you swear your breath stopped. There was a small gasp, of course, but honestly, your breath stopped. It would've been great if time could've stopped too. One hand under the box and the other beside your mouth unconsciously shaking lightly. Damn, you must've looked flustered, and probably not very pretty either. But oh well, can't go back and change it now. If there was one thing you'd like to change though, it would be that you'd be brave enough to give him a big hug after you thanked him. 

Oh right, did he reply to your confession?

Well, no. Not exactly, or... not yet, you could say. 

But to be truthful, when the guy who appears in your dreams stands before you and gives you a necklance with the starting letter of his name hanging off the end, there's no alternative thoughts besides the shock of the moment. And it was a big shock - you really thought back to the months ago when you didn't even talk to him. Those times when a simple glance once or twice a day were tiny habits, which turned into long stares and sitting next to each other silently. Those short, awkward moments were cute in your mind - and they remained still now. 

     "So, how was the trip?" Taehyung cleared his throat in between, "Did anything interesting happen?" You couldn't hide your tiny smirk. Taehyung doesn't seem to be very good in hiding his true meaning behind his questions. You looked at him and smiled, "It was great,' then left it there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

     "The assignment's due in three days, we better hurry." You and Taehyung hi-fived - this was the moment the schedule began. Time was filled with Taehyung and homework, Taehyung and homework. Well, it was until Jimin pulled you out of the library at lunchtime on Tuesday forcefully. Taehyung's surprised face stayed with him until you returned a few minutes later. 

Jimin let you go after plopping you down on a wooden bench in the school yard. You gulped, as you always did every time you were within five metres of him. What is air? A very familiar question to you whenever this situation occurred. He stomped around with his long feet around a small, invisible oval he created on the grass, head going up and down, and letting out big exhales. 

"Is... there something wrong?" You finally asked, watching him become restless. He stopped and spun around once as he thought about what to say. He faced you as his arms swayed by his side. "What... have you and Taehyung been doing the last 48 hours?"

The question made you blink. Not because you knew it clearly wasn't exactly 48 hours yet, but because you heard it. You heard it - that hint of frustration in his voice; that tone that told you, he was jealous. Your body was still but your insides were not. Hell no. 

"Umm... just homework. We have this assignment due tomorrow, and we sorta delayed it until now." 

His lips twisted with a bit of disatisfaction before he sat down on the grass with his side towards you. "That's why you do it earlier before the due date, duh. I spent ages looking for you guys. Even in the mornings when I say hi to both of you it's like I don't exist. I mean seriously, I thought you said- I thought you said-" he stuttered in the middle of his complaining, "I thought you said I was the one you liked." 

Bam.

There was this pause. This long, intense, unexplainable pause. 

What is air? More like what is life. "What just happened," you asked yourself over and over a million times a second in your head, though you knew you heard very clearly. He admitted to acknowledging that you liked him. That was it. That was all you needed - to know that he cared if you were with another guy. Damn, the feeling was great. 

You let out a light chuckle out loud. He turned to stare at you with a bit of embarrasement. "W-what?" He said. It came out with a bit of humour and embarrasement at the same time. They were right. When a guy is jealous, they're cute. Innocent and cute. You shook your head with genuine amusement. 

"I... have a game tomorrow. Will you come to watch?" 

Your heart's warmth rose to a level that was clearly unmeasureable by even a thermometer. He asked you to go watch him play basketball. You've been to watch him before, obviously, but this is the first time he's ever told you before hand and personally asked you to be one of the many girls in the crowd who cheered for him. It felt great, to imagine standing among a good hundred girls and having him look out for you and only you. Damn, why do girls' imaginations have to run so crazily when nothing's even happened yet - not healthy. Happy - but not healthy. 

"I'll try my best, though we might still have to do homework tomorrow as well." He spun around and tried to sigh inbetween without letting you know, but you saw it. "Are... you free this Saturday?" 

His eyes lit up suddenly and he glanced over at you, gulping for approximately the fifth time. 

"Y-eah. I am." He stuttered the 'yeah' part, then emphasized the 'I am' part - as if implying: "OfCourseI'mFreeDidYouWantToGoSomewhereICanGoWithYouJustLetMeKnowHaHaThisIciting". 

You looked up at him and smiled. Eye-locking moments were beautiful, happy and deadly. "Wanna meet up? What about a movie?" 

He seemed to let out a revealed breath - like his time didn't go to waste. He nodded, "Cool." 

"I'll text you." 

"Okay. I have this family friend coming over around this week, so it'll be good if I can get out of the house. Hope to see you tomorrow." 

You nodded, waved then returned to the library. 

"Taehyung-ah," you mumbled while sitting back down, "Do you think we'll be able to finish this by tomorrow?"

"Hope so. If not, the teacher will make us stay in at luncthime to do it."

You bit your lip quietly. 

"I hope we don't have to stay in though, I have a basketball game to attend to tomorrow. Hey, if we get this done, will you come watch?" 

"Sure thing." You smiled, "I'd love to."

 

They were right. When a guy is jealous, they're cute. Innocent and cute. You shook your head with genuine amusement. 
 

 

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Hope you liked the third chapter!

If you did, please subscribe and leave a comment if you wish!