Missing You

✴ Wake Up To Love! ✴

CHAPTER FOUR
MISSING YOU

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

     "This , so bad. Not only do we have detention, but she even stole our phones away until the end of the day. I can't even text Jin to tell him I can't make the game." Taehyung slid down his chair. Jin was one of Taehyung's group of friends - the oldest one of Bangtan Boy Scouts. Still today, the name continues to sound cute to you. 

But you were in no mood to be joking. You were missing Jimin's game. You were missing the chances to see him shoot the ball so swiftly as he did every time you attended the games. You could only imagine the amount of girls chanting his name and squealing when they got Jimin or Jeongkook's hand germs on theirs when the ball rolls to them. Jeongkook's the youngest of the group, by the way. He's really cute too, you wanted to recommend one of your close friends to him, but he excused your offer. "But noona, I'm too young..." were the exact words. 

With nothing left to do but sigh and sluggishly finish the assignment you had both given up on, Taehyung and you sat alone in the empty hallways of the bright Wednesday afternoon. Occasionally the high pitch screams from outside would echo through the hallways, and you both kept a count of the score on a piece of ripped paper. Average screams with clapping meant a normal one-pointer, a higher-pitched scream meant an occasional two-pointer, and a loud roar with distinct names meant a stylish three-pointer. When there would be a rare blocking of scoring among the members the crowd would be conflicted. It wasn't hard to work out who blocked who though, because the names came in pairs. "Namjoon-oppa! Get out of Hoseok oppa's way!" Then they would follow with "Namjoon! Namjoon! Namjoon!" "Hoseok! Hoseok! Hoseok!"

But the part you anticipated the most of every game was the last two minutes, because 90% of the shots were by Jimin. And he rarely missed. 

"So, are you free this weekend? Wanna go to this new restaurant I found?" Taehyung nudged you out of thought. 

His offer made you smile. That's right! 

"Uh, sorry. I'm busy. Maybe next time?" 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    You woke up at 8:00am. That meant nightmare. You were meeting Jimin in only two hours - barely enough time to get ready. Well, actually it was more than enough, because unfortunately, you weren't one of those girls who spent half the day preparing for a party or dinner in the evening. And it's not because you didn't want to, you just didn't know how to. 

Luckily Jimin didn't seem to mind. If he did, you can't imagine how he managed to like you. Honestly, you found it hard yourself to find any standout charms you held besides your cheerful and playful personality. Hopefully that'll change soon. A girl needs to know her beauty eventually. 

So with all that said, you slipped on a farely new dress that went down to your knees, and wore two white bracelets on your wrist. Hair was kept to flow down, and shoes were simple flats - apologies, you're not used to high heels either. They look dangerous. The last thing that made you feel perfect was the necklace he gave you. Wearing it in front of the mirror for the first time was really... heart-warming and spirit-lifting. You rubbed over it lightly as you admired its clean new shine in the reflection, smiling then imagining his possibly reaction when he saw it. 

Bag on, necessities inside, phone in hand and nervous heart shaking - you left home for the cinemas.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

     Maybe he just forgot, or he had something urgent to attend to... You twisted your lips slightly, not wanting to let yourself become restless. Two hours was a long wait but people have waited longer. At 12:30pm a phone call came. 

Taehyung-ie. 

You ignored it. 

To your own disappointment though, at 1:00pm you left the small circle you walked around for three hours, and let your arms become heavy as your feet stepped slowly across the busy pavement. 

He didn't come, but that's okay. As long as he texts or calls and lets you know his reason for not turning up, it'll be fine. This stuff happens a lot. Just like how you couldn't contact him that lunchtime you were stuck in detention with Taehyung. He didn't come to school on Thursday or Friday either, so you hadn't seen him in three days. Anything could've happened in three years to make him forget about the movie meet-up. Didn't he mention something about a family friend coming? Maybe his family's showing them around, and it just happens that they hate technology or something, which would explain why he hasn't texted you since Tuesday. 

"Jimin... Park Jimin..." You mumbled to yourself without lifting your eyes off the ground ahead of you. Since you were already in the city, you might as well go looking around or something... just anything... maybe you'll call Taehyung back and see if he has time... just anything... or maybe nothing at all. Energy left, and until it came back, walking straight blindly was the plan. 

Oof!

"Ah, sorry." You apologised without looking up. 

"Oh, that's okay." 

You feet stopped. Your head rose at that unmistakeable voice. You turned around, and there he was. You let out a relieved sigh before his shoulder lightly and giving him a mini glare. 

"Hey, why didn't you call or anything? I was waiting for like three hours..." 

He raised his head from his phone and looked at you, surprised at why you were in his prescence again. He blinked and looked behind him just to make sure you were talking to him. 

You smiled playfully. "So when did you get here? Didn't you see me over there?" You pointed to the place you were standing at further down the street and he followed your direction. 

"Umm... Sorry, you are..." 

You strictly looked at him for a long moment before laughing, "Ha-ha. Not funny. You're the one who's late so you have no place to tease around." You smiled to yourself - this was probably the most you've told him in a mere two minutes. 

He blinked at you, unconvinced by the words that came out of your mouth. 

"Sorry, I think you have the wrong person..." He turned and left you standing there, confused. 

"Jimin-ah..." You called him, and he turned his head back to look at you with a raised eyebrow. He seemed to be more accepting of you talking to him now.

"You know me." He smiled. 

Your expression turned concerned. Of course you knew him, what type of question was that?! Oh, sorry, guess you just had a crush on a rock for last few months. Pfft... 

"Oppa, sorry for the wait!" A stranger female in high-heels, you're-to-be-enemy-in-the-near-future (referring to the high heels), hopped over and linked her arm with his. 

You stood there and watched them in utter shock. What the hell was going on. You double checked for any secret cameras around, this wasn't some reality drama filming right?

"Hey, you ready to go?" He looked at her and rubbed her small chin with his fingers gently, giving off a smile that was now foreign to you. 

"Yeah. But who's this?" She noticed your stare and gave you a small smile. 

Your hand became a fist. Your phone vibrated in your other hand and you sighed before picking up to Taehyung's urgent voice:

"Jimin's lost his memory!"

 

Wearing it in front of the mirror for the first time was really... heart-warming and spirit-lifting. You rubbed over it lightly as you admired its clean new shine in the reflection, smiling then imagining his possibly reaction when he saw it. 

 

❀ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Hope you liked the fourth chapter!

If you did, please subscribe and leave a comment if you wish!