23 Oasis

Bitter Love, Complicated Life
[Sora's POV]
 
"No, no, no, come here, you little girl," my mother demands me to come closer.
 
"You're beautiful with this white dress," my father approaches us while my mother is fixing my hair. "I can't believe it's finally the day."
 
"I can do it by myself," I blush and try to pull away from my mother. "You better check on Unnie. We will start everything in an hour."
 
"I know, I know," my mother hugs me. "It's a big day for all of us."
 
"Ne," I hug my mother with a smile. "It is indeed an important day."
 
My parents leave the room and I look at the mirror, admiring my own white dress.
 
4 months have passed since the day Yoseob's confession on the United Cube Concert stage at Tokyo, Japan.
 
A lot have happened around us.
 
Yoseob has told me the true reason behind everything, including the attack to his mother by my fans. I immediately apologized directly to his mother but she convinced me that it's not my fault.
 
She even said that she's glad that Yoseob finally found me. She said that we made a great couple.
 
Both of our fans have show their really supportive side through real life by sending us couple stuffs, greeting us on Twitter, and so on.
 
I've been working pretty well with the research project even though I still take some projects for my photography; Yoseob has warned me to take care of myself if I don't want him to be mad at me.
 
Mina is having her grades pretty well, as usual. She works along with me by turn to do the documentation of BEAST activities, making her skill in photography become better and better. The photobooks are really loved by all B2UTIES and we're really glad about that.
 
And today, December 2nd, 2011, will be a really important day.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"Hey, are you ready?" I knock the door, waiting for Yoseob impatiently. "Come on. We're going to be late."
 
"Five minutes!" he shouts from inside of his room. "Wait for me!"
 
I go back to the main room and join the others. We are ready with our white suits. We just need to wait for Yoseob so we can leave.
 
"Ah, why do I feel nervous?" Dongwoon murmurs as he fixes his tie.
 
"Probably because you will see Mina in her bridesmaid gown," Doojoon teases him and all of us laugh as his cheeks start blushing.
 
"I can't believe today is the day," Hyunseung says out loud. "Time flies."
 
"I think this will be our first time to attend a wedding party togethe," Junhyung crosses his arms. "This is so going to be written in our history."
 
"We're not there as common guests, remember?" I take a seat next to Doojoon. "We're special guests."
 
As they continue to talk about the party, my mind is memorizing my first meeting with Sora.
 
It's here. In the very main of our apartment.
 
Ten months have passed since the day she started as our personal photographer. She has been a part of BEAST family. Well, Mina is a part of us as well, but Sora has her own charm on us.
 
Today will be an important day.
 
And I will be really happy to be a part of her happiness even though I know that I must move on from loving her.
 
Yes, I still love her.
 
But I know that she loves Yoseob with all her heart.
 
"I'm ready!" Yoseob storms out from his room with his white suit and white tie. "Come on, come on!"
 
I smile as I see his happy face.
 
"You are so lucky!" I pinch his cheeks and run away when he tries to pay a revenge on me.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
We arrived around fifteen minutes before the party began. Yes, we're so late and Mina has bragged us about our lateness.
 
"I can't believe you're late!" Mina giggles. She is wearing a beautiful yellow-colored gown. "Get ready or Sora Unnie will be really panic if you're not ready yet!"
 
I laugh and follow the others to a room that has been prepared for us to get ready.
 
We turn around when we hear knocks on the door and the next second, Sora opens the door slightly, taking a peek of us.
 
"Sora!" Gikwang looks surprised. "You're not supposed to be here!"
 
"I know," Sora steps inside with her extremely beautiful white dress. "But I really want to meet all of you first."
 
"You mean me, right?" I stand up and caress her cheek gently. "You're beautiful."
 
She blushes because of my compliment, "Thank you."
 
"We'll do our best," Doojoon grins. "We'll wait until you call us."
 
She nods and smiles, "I will be waiting for your performance."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Saengil chukkahamnida~" all audiences shout the birthday greeting for me right after I blew out the candles on the birthday cake.
 
I bow politely to them and take the microphone from the MC, "Thank you for coming to this party. I'm really happy."
 
"Thank you for both of my parents, for celebrating my 20th birthday with me. Thank you for my sister and her soon-to-be husband, for letting me celebrate my birthday before their wedding party. Thank you for all of you," the audiences applause once again after I finished my short speech.
 
"Today, on my birthday, on my sister's wedding day, BEAST will perform a song. They are a really wonderful idol group and I love them as my family," I take a glance at the six men who are waiting for my sign while some girls are screaming with excitement. 
 
"Please welcome BEAST."
 
I step down from the stage while they get on the stage.
 
Yes, today my sister will marry Junghwa. They will be as one today.
 
At first, I refused my sister's offer to celebrate my birthday before her wedding party, because I wanted the day to be her only special day.
 
But she and Junghwa insisted that they would be the happiest couple in the world if they could have me to celebrate my 20th birthday.
 
For making me feel better, my sister convinced me to invite BEAST as a special guest, saying that it would be the most wonderful present for their wedding present.
 
So here they are, as the special guest, for both my birthday and my sister's wedding day.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
We have discussed a title to perform for today, for Sora's and Sohyun's special day.
 
And we came up with a title.
 
I take a glance at Sora and flashes her a smile as the melodies start.
 
"This is for Sora. Saengil chukkahamnida," Doojoon says politely. "And this song is dedicated to Sohyun as well. We wish you all the best with Junghwa."
 
The audiences clap with excitement.
 
I hold on my microphone and start the song.
 
"Sesange kkeute seosseul ttae giri boijiga anheul ttae
Nugunga piryo haesseotjyo"
 
When I was standing at the end of the world and couldn’t see the path
I needed someone
 
I smile and remember the day I met Sora again.
 
Come to think of it, I want to say something to her after this performance.
 
"The day I met you was the luckiest day of my life, and I bet you feel the same. At least I hope you do."
 
I'm still grateful that I know her. That I met her. That I love her.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Ah, so they sing Oasis.
 
It is a really great song.
 
Hyunseung holds up his microphone and sings his part,
"Eodume gadhyeo isseul ttae bichi boijiga anheul ttae
Songireul gidaryeosseot jyo"
 
When I was trapped in the darkness and couldn’t see the light
I was waiting for the helping hand
 
Ah, this is Yoseob's part. He winked at me before he sings his line.
"Geudaeneun moreujyeo sesange dan hana geudaega
Only one more than better world"
 
You wouldn’t know that you are the only one in the world
Who is the only one better than the world
 
I smile at him, knowing that he sings it from his heart. I can guess that this song is his choice.
 
"I believe dream for you and me
Memareun nawi harue danbiro naeryeo nae ma eume naeryeo yonggireul jweo
You make me fly and smile again
Biondwi mujigae cheoreom sori eobshi nawi pume angyeo haengbogeul jweo
I wanna make love"
 
I believe dream for you and me
You are the long waited rain in my draughty day. You soaked my heart and gave me courage
You make me fly and smile again
Coming into my arms and giving happiness silently just like a rainbow after a shower
I wanna make a love
 
Once they finished the refrain part, Yoseob steps down from the stage and approaches me. He holds my hand and brings me on the stage, letting me stand in the center of the stage.
 
I should have known this.
 
They always bring a fan up to the stage whenever they sing this song.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
There, she is on the stage now. I want to make her special day becomes more special.
 
Dongwoon approaches her and holds her hand, while I'm trying not to get jealous.
"Hyeon shire domang chyeosseotdeon nawi moseubeul boasseul ttae
Hokshina shilmang haetnayo"
 
When you found out that I ran away
Were you disappointed?
 
Doojoon kneels on his knee and holds Sora's hand as he sings his part with a smirk.
"Geudaega itgie dora ol yonggireul nae eotjyo
You’re the one always in my heart"
 
I had courage to come back because you were there
You’re the one always in my heart
 
I shake my head and hold my laughter, knowing that they are teasing me. We sing the refrain part as we step closer to Sora.
 
"I believe dream for you and me
Memareun nawi harue danbiro naeryeo nae ma eume naeryeo yonggireul jweo"
 
I believe dream for you and me
You are the long waited rain in my draughty day. You soaked my heart and gave me courage
 
Gikwang releases his hold on Sora's hand, letting me to hold her hand.
 
"You make me fly and smile again
Biondwi mujigae cheoreom sori eobshi nawi pume angyeo haengbogeul jweo
I wanna make love"
 
You make me fly and smile again
Coming into my arms and giving happiness silently just like a rainbow after a shower
I wanna make a love

Junhyung raps his part, taking Sora's free hand, leading her forward.
 
"Oh, lonely night, jigyepgo summakhi neun eodume bam
Geu sogeseo maeil bameul nunmullo honja uldeon nal
Ajigeun yeori gimanhan gaseume sang cheoreul jweotdeon manheun
Saramdeul daeshin, thanks a lot, nae mami memareul ttae
But that’s ok, you make a way
Eonjena bichi dwineun you, you, you
Salmwi iyu only you
Neon samagwi oashiseu jeil dalkomhan chokollit"
 
Oh lonely night, it’s an endless and stuffy dark night
Those are the days when I cried alone during the dark nights
In lieu of the people
who would only hurt my callow heart (thanks a lot)
and my heart was having a draught
But that’s okay you make a way
The person who will be always guiding me is you, you you you
The only reason of living on you
Within my desert you are my Oasis, the sweetest chocolate
 
Junhyung lets her hand go, sticking out his tongue at me while we sing the last refrain together with Dongwoon does the ad libs.
 
"I believe dream for you and me
Memareun nawi harue danbiro naeryeo nae ma eume naeryeo yonggireul jweo
You make me fly and smile again
Biondwi mujigae cheoreom sori eobshi nawi pume angyeo haengbogeul jweo
I wanna make love"
 
I believe dream for you and me
You are the long waited rain in my draughty day. You soaked my heart and gave me courage
You make me fly and smile again
Coming into my arms and giving happiness silently just like a rainbow after a shower
I wanna make a love

As the song ends, I kiss Sora's hand, smiling at her. She returns it with her sweetest smile.

She is my Oasis in life.



[Sora's POV]

Both of my parents are talking with other guests while my sister and Junghwa are sitting around the special table for the bride and groom. The other members of BEAST are enjoying the party, picking some foods and drinks, laughing along with some other guests which are obviously their fans.

I can see Mina and Dongwoon are talking happily, discussing about something at one table. Looks like they having a good time together.

After BEAST performed, Doojoon asked me to give a short speech. I don't know how the words crossed my mind though but I managed to speak out my thought about BEAST when I was on the stage.


"This is my family. I found it, all on my own," I smiled to Yoseob and the others. "It's little, and broken, but still good."
 
The audiences clapped for me and I continued, "Please continue supporting BEAST as always. Thank you."

"Saengil chukkahamnida, my lady," Yoseob hands over a bouquet of white roses to me. He smiles widely, waiting for me to take the bouquet from him.

"It's beautiful," I take the roses, smiling for him. I'm enjoying every second of today, of my birthday and my sister's wedding day. Especially with Yoseob is staying with me.

"Aren't you going to ask me your birthday present?" he raises his eyebrow, leaning to the wall right next to me. I've been standing at the corner of the hall, looking at the guests in silence. "I haven't gave you one, you know."

I try to hold my laughter. His question and expression are really cute. I know he will give me a present. He will give me one, right?

"Look at what's inside the bouquet," he grins, taking a glance at the bouquet.

I frown and my eyes find a little box on the bottom of the bouquet. I take it and open the small jewelry box.

It's a necklace with two words as the pendant: YS.

"Maybe, just maybe," Yoseob clears his throat nervously, "you can think of it as an engagement ring. Until I give you the real one of course. The initial stands for Yoseob and Sora."

My heart is fluttering because of his words. Not only because of the beautiful birthday present, but because of his sincere words. I take out the necklace and smile to him, "Can you help me wear it?"

"Sure," Yoseob nods with excitement. He takes the necklace from me and puts it around my neck. "I hope you like it."

"I love it," I assure him, touching the pendant with my fingers. "It's beautiful. Thank you, Yoseob Oppa. I will treasure it."

"Glad to hear it," Yoseob caresses my cheek with his thumb, assuring me with his simple yet charming smile. "Why do I have a feeling that you're thinking of something?"

Ah, how come he can know what I'm thinking right now?

Looking at him this close with me, I still can't believe that I'm his girlfriend. Somehow I'm still afraid that something bad will come up and separate us someday. Yes, I'm being paranoid.

"Nothing. I'm thinking of something ridiculous," I shake my head. I don't want to make him worry about my thought.

"You'll be alright. We're together now," Yoseob takes the bouquet from my hand and leans closer to me. He lifts up the bouquet to cover our faces and kisses my forehead behind it. "Everything's going to be fine. You'll see."

His lips lower and he whispers, "Saengil chukkahamnida, Sora."

Our lips meet, hidden behind the roses.

After feeling how bitter love can be, how complicated life is, I find it still makes my life to be sweet in the end.

And I smile between the kiss.

Photobucket