02 Talk

Bitter Love, Complicated Life
[Sora's POV]
 
"Unnie!" Mina rushes and hugs me tight, screaming with happiness. "You're back!"
 
I pat her back softly, not responding with words. The BEAST members are looking at us with smiles on their faces, except Yoseob.
 
Right after our meeting in front of the elevators, both Gikwang and Yoseob left for their meeting since I convinced them I will be waiting for them at Mina's room, that I will have dinner together with them tonight.
 
And here I am. At their room once again.
 
Nothing changed. It's still their usual messy but comfortable room.
 
I stepped in the room first with Doojoon. He gave me a brotherly hug, telling me how much they miss me. Mina and the others joined us after they're done with the discussion of the new photobook.
 
"I miss you," Mina releases me from her hug. "We miss you!"
 
I just make a smile on my lips, not knowing how to react. I'm still feeling uneasy; I only have one month to stay at Seoul. How can I tell them?
 
"We can cook dinner together again," Hyunseung pats my head and then hugs me gently. "I miss two months without my little sister."
 
"You need to listen to my story," Junhyung adds in. "You better ready."
 
"And you still owe me a present for my birthday!" Dongwoon grins. "Better late than never!"
 
I keep the smile and my eyes move to Gikwang who is giving me his usual sincere smile, as if he is trying to tell me that he is there, all the way for me.
 
Yoseob is leaning to the wall, having his arms crossed together. He doesn't say anything; he has the gloomy expression on his face, which is making me feel more uneasy.
 
Now I feel like I have made a wrong decision.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I take a glance at Sora and then at Yoseob. We are having dinner together, like the usual dinner we had before Sora left to Paris. But there is this tense between them.
 
Sora helped Hyunseung for the dinner preparation, as usual. Sora has her usual expresionless face, like usual. Sora gives her simple and short respond for our conversations, as usual.
 
But something is not right. I know it.
 
"Sora," I call out her name, lowering my voice so the others can't hear me. Well, they don't pay any attention because they are busy talking about the preparation for United Cube Concert with Mina.
 
She looks at me innocently, "Ne?"
 
"Can I talk to you after dinner?" I ask her. I need to talk with her, about her sudden departure, about her mother, about her feeling.
 
"I...," she pauses for seconds. "I think I need to take a rest for tonight."
 
My heart sinks immediately but I manage to smile and answer, "I see. Well, maybe we can talk tomorrow."
 
She just gives me a sad smile, as if she is telling me that she can't give me a promise to talk with me tomorrow.
 
"Sora ah," Hyunseung turns to Sora. "We're going to have a family concert on August 14th!"
 
"I know," she answers with a weak smile. "I read the news."
 
"So you have our updates!" Junhyung smiles widely.
 
"Including you and Hara? Yes, I know," Sora answers, making us laugh because Junhyung suddenly has an embarrased expression on his face.
 
"You will watch our performance, won't you?" Doojoon gives his serious expression. I think he is feeling the same with me, the feeling that Sora will go somewhere again.
 
"August 14th?" she tilts her head. "I will watch it if I have the ticket."
 
"Ah, I almost forgot!" Mina squeaks. "I have a school trip to Taiwan on August 1st till August 14th! It's for our final exam of Culture class."
 
I can see Sora is really shock, looking at her widened eyes and she murmurs, "So who will do the documentation?"
 
"I will take an early flight on the day," Mina makes an awkward smile. "But I can't take the pictures of their preparation so..."
 
I know where this conversation is going to.
 
"Do you want me to cover up for you?" Sora asks bluntly.
 
"This job is originally yours after all," Mina gives a bright smile. "You can do it for me, don't you?"
 
I look deeply at Sora, waiting for her answer. I really hope she will agree with Mina. Even two weeks of having her back as our photographer is more than enough.
 
Can I even ask her to stay permanently as our photographer? Then what will happen to Mina?
 
Geez. I'm confused.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Thank you, thank you, Unnie," Mina hums happily, giving me her hapy face. "I'm glad you will help me next week!"
 
I sigh. How can I refuse her request? After all, it's me who put her in the photographer position at the first place. She is still an active student who needs to fulfill her duty as a student.
 
"Do you have fun with them?" I mutter while putting my notebook on the table.
 
I will stay with Mina while I'm at Seoul. I guess I will have this room all by myself once again after she leave to Taiwan. I don't have many stuffs so I think I will take care of them tomorrow morning.
 
"Yes!" Mina answers. "They're really, really, really sweet and caring!"
 
I can't hold my smile; I know how she feels. They are really special and loving. No wonder Mina feels comfortable with them.
 
Suddenly a question crosses my mind. I hesitate for a second but then I ask the question to her, "Mina, do you still in love with Yoseob?"
 
"Eh?" Mina puts down her phone. "Why do you ask?"
 
"Nothing," I keep my monotone. "Just out of curiosity."
 
"Well," Mina sits down on bed, "I don't think so."
 
I look up to see her face; she is deep with her own thoughts.
 
"I confessed to him around a month ago," Mina tells me, making me really surprised. "But he told me that he is in love with someone else, someone he will be waiting for the rest of his life."
 
She looks directly to me and mumbles, "Is that you, Unnie?"
 
I held my breath for seconds before answering her calmly, "Don't you want to try more? It's not you to give up so easily."
 
Mina giggles, "I know. But from the way he looked at me when he answered my confession, I think it's useless to force myself to keep loving him. Besides I think I'm falling for someone else."
 
I tilt my head, waiting for her continuation but she doesn't finish the story. She gives me a grin and tells me that she is going to sleep first.
 
I bid her good night and sit on the sofa. Nothing has changed as well in this room, except the fact that there are more decorations for the room. I think Mina and my sister worked a lot for this room after I left.
 
I flinch a little when my phone vibrates. I grab the phone on the table, remembering that I have changed my phone with the one I used at Korea before. I have the other phone in my luggage.
 
"Can we talk?"
 
It's from Yoseob.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I hate this situation. How come we not talking to each other now that she has returned to Seoul?
 
It's supposed to be the scene where she burst into tears... or maybe I'm just imagining the scene all by myself.
 
She left after the dinner, telling us that she wanted to take care of her stuff with Mina to help her. I didn't even bid her good night and she just did the same.
 
The scene of Gikwang hugging her is still lingering on my mind. I don't understand why I didn't feel the aching when Doojoon and Hyunseung hugged her. I think my heart just knows who loves her more than a brother love.
 
"We will have another meeting for the preparation of Japan performance tomorrow," Doojoon says to me. "You better go to sleep now."
 
"Ne," I rub my head. We're busy with our promotion overseas nowadays, talking about our Japanese album which will be released on August 10th too.
 
"Hey, doesn't it mean Sora will be going with us to Japan on August?" Junhyung asks. "We have a performance on August 1st, right?"
 
Doojoon nods, "I think so. Mina will be the one who talks to the manager. I think he will be alright with it since Sora has showed all of us her skills."
 
"Can we just have both of them as our photographers?" Dongwoon frowns.
 
No one answers.
 
I don't hate Mina. She confessed to me a month ago, telling me that she had been in love with me, because of my caring and loving personality but I kindly told her about my true feeling, so I can't return her feeling.
 
I love Sora.
 
Two months without her were really torturing me. Two months without any way to communicate with her were a nightmare for me.
 
But why do I feel uneasy even though she has returned here?
 
The feeling of losing her strikes again, making my heart aches.
 
One by one of the members leave the main room, not bothering to continue the conversation and head to their rooms to have a good rest. Gikwang is the last member to stay in the main room with me.
 
"Yoseob," he mutters. "Do you still love Sora?"
 
I quickly turn my head to have a good look at him. He is giving me a serious expression.
 
"I still and always will," I clear my throat. "Do you?"
 
He doesn't answer my question; he stands up and bids me good night, leaving me alone in the main room.
 
Is that a declaration of rivalry?
 
I sigh and look at the wallpaper of my phone; the picture of me and Sora at the amusement park. I can't have enough with just looking at her picture everyday, can I?
 
I send a text message to her, hoping she will reply to it.
 
"Can we talk?"
 
I close my eyes, praying that she will say 'yes', she will meet me, she will talk to me.
 
My heart skips a beat when a notification of new text message shows up.
 
"Should we?"
 
That's all she replied.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I don't know what should I do.
 
I should have refused to Mina's request. I know it. But it's my responsibility to continue the job; the contract is still signed by me. Mina is only helping me.
 
I don't want to say goodbye again to them.
 
Once is enough. It hurts to say goodbye.
 
My phone vibrates again. It's a phone call this time... from Yoseob.
 
I hold the phone on my hand, don't know whether I must pick the call or not.
 
"Ne?" I finally answer his call.
 
"I'm waiting at my...," he paused for a second before continues, "...our special spot. I will wait here until you show up."
 
"I-" the conversation has been closed.
 
He knows for sure that threatening me with those words are the most effective way to make me talk to him.
 
I sigh and grab my jacket, along with the white scarf Yoseob gave to me once. I leave the room after I checked Mina, sleeping quietly in her room.
 
I stop my steps when I reach the door to the rooftop.
 
"Here goes nothing," I mutter to myself and reach out my hand to open the door.

Photobucket