Chapter 8

Return of the Milkyway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Packing the car wasn’t really as fun as it had been unloading it. The clever idea Cha Hakyeon had that morning didn’t seem so clever anymore. Assigning seats might not be N’s strong side. Not feeling ready to sit through all that tension in between Ravi and Leo again, N had assigned Maria to take his place. Seeing as Ken was driving and Hyuk was the assigned DJ for the ride, Melly would have to sit in the back in between himself and Hongbin. Of course N didn’t know of the events that had happened the night before when he made the seatings but seeing how Maria was talking animatedly with Ravi while completely ignoring Leo, didn’t make it hard for N to figure out the two were not on the best terms. Having packed the car and ready to leave Leo slightly nudged the leader.
“Switch seats with me.” He whispered as quietly as possible.
“No. I like where I am going to sit.” Hakyeon said jumping into the car. “You might not but that’s no one but your own damn fault Taekwon. You made your bed now you lie in it.”



Feeling the need to stretch his legs Ken parked the car outside a rest stop.
“I don’t know about you but I’m famished.” Ken said from the front seat. “Let’s go in and coffee and snacks.” Looking towards the back seats he noticed a passed out Ravi on Maria's shoulder and Melly sleeping soundly on Hongbin. Hyuk having no small amount of charm let out a high pitch scream jolting the sleepers awake.
“What’s wrong with you?!” Ravi said looking up angrily from Maria's shoulder. The sound of Maria's laughter echoed in Leo’s ears. Sneering at Ravi, Leo opened the passenger door and was about to leave when he realised he hadn’t unbuckled his seatbelt, he tried to reach the belt buckle as fast as he could, to avoid any future embarrassment. Feeling a hand instead of the hard plastic he was expecting he looked up and saw that Maria had gotten to the buckle before him. Feeling the slight string of hope, that she might not be angry with him anymore, he tried to muster a smile towards her. That same string of hope was snapped as Maria kept looking forward throwing his belt buckle towards him. She was really mad about what had happened the day before and Leo didn’t know how to fix it.
“Could you maybe get out today?” Melly said frustrated from the backseat.



Grabbing Maria's arm Melly lead her towards the candy. “Unnie buy me some candy.” She said looking up at Maria with big eyes. Seeing her sister sigh Melly knew she had won and quickly grabbed a bag of candy before the paying party could change her mind.
“Unnie. What’s up with you and Leo? Weren’t you friends yesterday?” Melly asked as they headed for the register.
“I don’t really want to talk about it r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter