Love Detectives I

Best Set-Up

~| Author's POV |~

After dropping Anie off at the cafe, I quickly went back home. Once I got home, I threw off my clothes and put on the second one that I had layed out for this ocasion. You guys are probably wondering what I'm up to, huh? Well, the answer is quite simple: I'm planning on joining the date without being with the date! Yeah, I know such a good idea right?

But anyways, after putting on the comfortable outfit, I quickly ran out of the apartment. Being smart, I decided to take public transportation just so that I don't waste money on gas. But before that, I needed to call Doojoon.

On the third ring, he picked up. "Yah, Doojoon-ah. Are you already there?"

He sighed on the other side of the line. "Shi-ah, I think I might be kind of late."

"Waeyo?"

"Traffic is crazy today... I should've just taken the subway or something."

I made a disggusted face. "That's too bad. Well, thanks for the information. I'll be on my way no if you don't mind."

"Yah! Are you serious?! You called me just for that ?!!"

I laughed. "Haha! Mianhae Doojoon, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!" And with that I hung up on him. Taking a deep breath, I said, "Well, time to get going."

 

~|...AT THE CAFE...|~

When I got inside the cafe, Anie was talking to a guy. "Is that him?" I whispered under my breath to myself.

"No that's not him."

I jumped upon hearing a voice from behind me. Turns out it was only Doojoon. "Yah! Pabo, why are you sneaking up on me like that for?!"

He shrugged his shoulder. "It's not my fault you're standing in the entrance." I looked around and realized that indeed I was still standing in the entrance. Feeling a bit embarrassed, I straightened up and made my way towards a table that gave me a pretty good view of where Anie was without her suspecting us.

Sitting down, I made myself comfortable. "So when is this friend of yours coming. Because I'm really starting to ship Mr. Waiter and Anie over there."

"What kind of friend are you? I'll let you know that my dongsaeng is way better than that waiter will ever be." He scowled at me.

I put my hand up in defense. "Woah. Hold on there I was just joking around. No need to get all defensive. Sheesh."

Doojoon rolled his eyes at me. "Whatever. What do you want to drink? I'll treat you."

My eyes lit up. "Really oppa? You'll really treat me??" Yeah he's older than me. And I ever hardly call him oppa because with him it just doesn't go. Only on rare ocasions like this do I ever call him oppa.

For the second time that day, he showed that disgusted face. "Call me oppa again and maybe I'll just change my mind."

I laughed out loud. "Fine, fine. Whatever you say Doojoon hyeong." He smiled at my response. Some girls might wonder why I would call such a good looking guy hyeong, and I completely understand them. Well, it's because when I first met him I was a big tomboy. And, yep, that's how our friendship blossomed.

"Shinwoo! Order table 5!"

"Ok!"

I turned towards the voice and realized that it came from the guy that Anie was talking to. "Oh !" I turned back around as quickly as possible because I could've swore to Korean Jesus that Anie just saw me. "Doojoon-ah! I think she saw me! What do I do?!" I was panicking.

Quickly, Doojoon wrapped his arms around me. I scrunched up my face. "Don't worry, this is just for show."

I looked up at him. "And since when did we agree to make this part of the plan?"

"Just now. So, whenever we think we're going to be seen, we act like a couple out on a date. Sounds legit, right?"

"Gross. But I'll go along with the idea for the sake of my pride. Now can you let me go. You smell bad." Of course I was exaggerating. Doojoon was, and still is, the cleanest guy I know. And not to mention a complete narcist.

"Whatever. You know you like how I smell. I'm using that cologne you bought me for my birthday." He let m go as soon as our drinks arrived.

Right when I took a sip from my iced mocha, I turned around to see a guy with a bouquet of flowers walking in. "Yah! Doojoon is that him?"

Doojoon turned to look. "Yep, that's him alright." I gaped as soon as Doojoon confirmed the information. "I told you he was a stud."

I turned my attention back to Anie and Yoseob-ssi. "Now, I'm jealous." It's true. It's not like I was attracted to Yoseob-ssi or anything, but he's way better looking than I thought. "Hyeong, do you have any single friends?"

I heard him laughing at me, but I paid him no attention. "Yah. Are you desperate now or something? And if anyone should be jealous it should be me."

"Waeyo?" I asked turning my attention towards him finally.

"Because I think your sister is average looking, and that can only mean that your friends are quite cute as well."

"Eww, that's gross. Sorry hyeong, but if anything I would protect them from you."

"Waeyo?!" He sounded upset.

"Well, first of all, you're a monster. And second, it's my job as their eonni to protect them from creeps like you."

"Look who's talking. You were the one being all pedo nuna over there ogling over my dongsaeng."

My eyes widened in shock. "I was not!" He looked at me with a smug look and shrugged his shoulders. "And here I was actually going to introduce you to one of my friends..."

His ears picked that much up. "What's her name?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Look who's being the pedo now." He rolled her eyes at me. "She's supposed to be here soon actually."

He looked at me confused. "She's coming here? Why?"

"She just so happens to be a great friend of Anie's, and I thought I'd be a good friend and invite her to see the show with us." He nodded his head in understanding. "Speaking of the devil, there she is. " I waved over to her so she knew that it was me.

"Oh my good Korean Jesus! Traffic was crazy!!" That was the first thing she said.

"Hye Rin-ah you're too loud!" I pulled her down and accidentally shoved Doojoon's drink into .

She drank out directly from the straw. "Yah, Shi-ah are you trying to choke me?!" I shook my head.

"Whatever. Hye Rin-ah this is Doojoon Doojoon, Hye Rin. Now you both get along, okay?" I looked back and forth between the two. It seems as though they were too entranced with each other to even have heard what I just said. Nice going Shi, always playing match maker. I rolled my eyes as I came to conclusion that they weren't going to respond to me. Then I remembered that I was here to spy- I mean, observe Anie and Yoseob-ssi's date. Turning to look at the two, I realized that they were just sitting there in silence. Not even a single glance at each other. I turned back around about to tell Doojoon, but I regretted it as soon as I did it. In front of me was Hye Rin and Doojoon sharing his drink, and flirting with each other shyly. It was kind of cute, but right at that moment I just felt like hurling.

I turned my attention back to Anie. "Ok, it seems as though I'm in this alone, then. Let's see, Shi, you need to think. Think, think!"

And then I got it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

nyehehehehe~~ yeah i know it's kinda lame and so was the cliff hanger. but then again i brought in a new charcter, and that person is my one and only chinky korean chingu, KIM HYE RIN (aka Christina Kim), (aka #CHKIMCHI !!!!!) (Hye Rin-ah... hurry up and read this already you chinky-as mofo! lol jk!! you know i love you, right? RIGHT?!! kekeke~!)

but anyways...yeah.... don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote!! They're all really appreciated~!!