14

Home Of The Lost: Fix Me

Shattering the glass into pieces, Kai stared at the crowd in front of him. For the first time in his life, he was actually ashamed of himself.

Here he was, standing in the spotlight, acknowledging his uncle's words that he would inherit everything he has as a business. Everything was a big word, it was even bigger when they were talking global. Flashes of cameras lightened him as he found himself helpless and miserable for some unknown reason. Reporters never followed him, would they now?

He could only blink in confusion as a cleaning staff ran to him to pick the pieces of the shattered crystal glass. Looking around, he tried to find someone, a friendly face, someone who could give him the courage to speak.

He was never fond of a crowd and he found it fearful to speak out. Not to mention it's hard to speak without acknowledging the glares of hatred and jealousy towards him. People never approved him as his uncle's heir. Too young and foolish, they said.

Somehow, on the back of his mind, he could hear Su Min's name repeating over and over again, until his body began to shake due to all the stress. He never had the chance to talk to her since their misunderstanding, two months ago.

"I..." Gulping, he took a deep breath as he saw Sehun's eyes pierce through his. When he expected to receive the same glare as other people, Kai found himself lighter as he saw understanding and compassion in his "rival's" eyes. Nodding in encouragement, Sehun cracked a soft smile that only lasted for a second, until it disappeared. If someone told Kai that he was surprised, he would laugh in that person's face. He wasn't surprised, he was shocked.

"I will try my best to maintain the growth of our company, uncle." Cracking a smile, he took the new glass of champagne that was offered by a waitress near him. Locking gazes with his grinning uncle, he hugged him and as they parted, he bowed deeply, receiving chuckles and applauds from the people around them.

When the cameras started flashing again, Kai knew that nothing would be the same. His life, his personal life was long gone under that name. Nothing would be personal anymore.

"Kim Jongin-ssi," Sehun bowed, giving him a smile. "Congratulations. I am sure that you will be as good as your uncle." Kai nodded slowly as he looked around. Sehun noticed his anxiety and cleared his throat.

Both of them knew what they wanted to talk about.

"Shall we go to the garden? There will be less people there." Sehun proposed and nodded when met a mutual agreement in the eyes of the person in front of him.

"She went to China a week ago." His sudden response felt like an explosion wave against his chest. Even though he found it hard to believe, he listened to Sehun as he told him more.

"She called you every day. I can't believe that you didn't even pick up the phone once." Giving him a glare, Sehun shook his head. "I would never do that." A simple attack that had a deep meaning, that was Sehun's speciality.  He dropped the formalities. After all, a third person was never to his liking. Especially if he was trying to come between him and the love of his life. He saw how Kai's gaze dropped. "I just think that if you break off something, you should at least announce it."

"We have not broken up."

"A relationship needs the two people to talk from time to time, once a day would be a minimum."

"Our problems are none of your concern."

"They are, since I saw her suffer every single day."

Kai's eyes widened upon hearing this, ignoring the sudden fist that occupied his collar, lifting it up a little. Their glares met and Kai instantly knew where he had gone wrong. "At least when you left her alone, wondering where you were..." Raising his voice, Sehun stopped suddenly. Taking a glance around them, he made sure that there were no unwanted parties that would interfere their talk.

"Should I tell you in details how she suffered? Should I tell you how she cried?" Whispering harshly, he gulped and pulled his hands away. "I was moved to the friend zone, at least I managed this." Looking down. Sehun sighed. "I won't let you hurt her again."

"And you didn't hurt her at all?"

Sehun looked up and Kai saw how his look softened. "I did. Unlike you, I will live with my sins for the rest of my life, even though she forgave me already." She forgave him?

"You are wondering why she forgave me?" He looked at Kai, as he fixed his tie. "We have too much history together. You wouldn't understand."

Kai never actually wanted to in the first place. He just wanted to fix his mistake.

"Hello?" He heard her sleepy voice and couldn't help but smile. She was too good for him. "Did I wake you up?" Upon speaking, he heard how she inhaled suddenly, signalizing him that she was surprised.

"What do you want?" He never actually thought that she would cry for him or something. He knew her too well to predict how she would react at him. He wouldn't be any different as well, so he couldn't blame her.

"I heard you were in China." He spoke, gazing at the mirror in front of him. "Sehun gave me your number." He would never forget his act of forced kindness. "Can I see you?"

"No." Her simple answer broke his heart into a million pieces as he heard the line ending. She had hung up.

He never thought that he would experience her coldness. Ever since the first time he witnessed her first encounter with Sehun at the gala, he wished that he would never make her suffer like that.  "Good job, Kai." He muttered as he glared at his own reflection. "You made everything difficult so easily." 

I am seriously tired. My fingers hurt... BWOH? Okay. 

I am a little stressed, since my exams are coming o.o

Psychology, Chemistry and Biology, from which I like only the first xD

I will try to update often. 

comments ^^