01

Home Of The Lost: Fix Me

“Tell me what happened.” As if she repeated this question just to annoy him. Silence followed again, leaving the ticking of the clock, being the only thing that made sound. Why couldn’t she understand? He didn’t want to tell her anything, nor be heard. The last thing he wanted was to be here in the first place.

“Kai,” She put her folder away, leaning slightly towards him. He looked at her, observing her expression. She looked worried. Tsk, what a good actress she was. “What part of my answer didn’t you understand?” He asked, eyes piercing through her body, making her feel as if she was standing in front of a predator.

With her being the prey.

She couldn’t understand him, even if she tried. There was no exit from his situation and he knew it. He accepted it, why did the others refuse to? They are not your friends if they refuse to understand you. Why did people bother to call themselves his friends?

“You are a psychologist.” As if he stated, his voice spoke out, barely reaching into the corners of the room, he was that weak. Widening her eyes, the woman in front of him bit her lip. This was the first time he spoke ever since he came here, three sessions ago. His tongue watered his dried up lips. “How can you not understand then?” He asked and closed his mouth, continuing to gaze at her. The ticking of the clock became louder again as both of them remained silent.

He wouldn’t satisfy her, no. He wouldn’t say another word. He didn’t care what would happen or what would follow. Looking up at the clock, he counted the last five seconds, until his session would end. As the clock signalized the new hour, Kai stood up, walking to the door. 

“On Tuesday at three.” She muttered, sighing deeply. Ignoring his rudeness, she watched him exit her office feeling how his negative energy left with him. Opening her folder again, she looked at his file.

 

 

“Kim Jong In (Kai)

Age:23

Condition: Possible depression.

Notes: Refuses to talk, declines any contact with friends and family.

Symptoms began with the death of his adopted brother, Zhang Yixing, six months ago.”

 

 

“Aish...” Tossing the folder on her desk, she hid her face in her arms that were crossed on the table. Taking an advantage of her ten minute break, she accepted the silent flow around her office as she tried to get rid of the unpleasant feelings that her patient successfully planted in her mind. For a moment there, she wondered why was she so affected by him.

“Miss Choi Su Min, your next client is here.” Su Min sighted as she heard her secretary’s voice on the other side of her office door. “Five minutes.” She responded as she stood up, walking to the window, trying to freshen up. As she stared at the sky, she noticed how dark it was, even though it was four o’clock.

Even though it was spring, the sky was cloudy and unpleasant.

Tying her long brown hair in a messy, bun she walked back to her chair, where she waited for her next client.

Tossing the keys back on the little table that was next to the door, Kai lazily took off his jacket and shirt, as he walked straight to the bathroom. He hated going out and found no reasonable purpose to do so. Why did he even start going to that psychologist? What was her name... Chen... Choi... Su Min?

He didn’t bother remembering it, since he wouldn’t be seeing her after a couple of sessions. No one would.

“Kaai~” Kai frowned as he hid his face deeper into the pillow. Trying to block his brother's off-tune singing, he closed his eyes again, desperately hoping to fall asleep again.

When he received no response for the third time, Lay frowned, leaning slowly towards his brother's sleeping form. "YA!” Lay screamed and Kai felt as his brother’s hand slap his head, causing him to jump immediately. Sighing, he chuckled at his brother. “You can’t wake up people like that, Lay. It’s not polite.” Lay's face suddenly changed as a smile replaced his frown him. As he looked towards the window, from where the sun rays hit his soft locks, he sighed softly.

“Mian. You were sleeping so deeply, I just couldn’t find another way.” He jumped on him and pinched his cheek. “Happy 17th birthday, Kai.”

Kai smiled. “Happy 16th birthday, Lay.”

He had made the perfect plan.

He was going to commit suicide in a month, on his 24th and on Lay’s 23rd birthday.

And no one was going to stop him.