06

Home Of The Lost: Fix Me

“Hello?” Su Min muttered as she closed her eyes again. It was around three o’clock and she had just fallen asleep, when her phone rang. She didn’t even know why she accepted the call, since her mind and body were desperately crying for sleep. Ignoring the pain in her legs, caused by the uncomfortable heels she had on the party, she stood up slowly, with her phone pressed to her ear, waiting for an answer. She heard a sigh. “Who is calling?” Her voice tensed as she opened her eyes.

“Why did you...” She heard Sehun’s voice speak and suddenly, she felt as the sleepiness disappeared. “Sehun?” She spoke out with trembling voice and wondered if she was dreaming. “Why did you come?” He asked softly and she instantly knew that he was drunk. He had never sounded so... Even she could not find a word for it. His voice was dark and heavy, making her heart beat faster every time she heard him.

Ignoring the feelings fighting inside her, she gulped and glanced at the clock. “Sehun-ssi, it is three in the morning. If you have something to say to me, call me tomorrow, or like every other person, make an appointment.” She spoke and before she knew it, she had ended the call.

She cursed. Su Min didn’t want this, she didn’t want to hang up on him, she just wanted to stop this unpleasant feeling from taking over her body. She desperately wanted to hear his voice, but it made her sick, hearing him sound like that. It was offensive to hear him drunk. It was too painful to bear.

And as she felt a tear roll down her cheek, she heard a soft knock on the front door. Sighing, she walked out of her bedroom, making her way to the door. She didn’t wonder who it was, since she already knew. Opening the door, she met her ex fiancé's gaze. “What are you doing here?” She asked, her nails digging in the wooden door. He stared at her, and she found guilt in his eyes. She wondered for a moment why.

He was the one to leave her, after all.

"Can I..." He started, only to be interrupted by her sharp answer. "No." Softening his look, he nodded slowly. "I am sorry to..." She felt disgusted. He couldn't even talk properly. "Sehun, please, just go." She stepped back, her hand moved to the door handle, gripping in tightly. "I loved you." He muttered, looking into her eyes. "And I still do." She felt a tear roll down her pale cheek as he spoke those words. "Go home." Her voice cracked and she closed the door.

Frozen, she stood on her place for around minute, listening for any noise from outside. She desperately wished that he wouldn't leave and her heart broke a little, as she heard the elevator opening. Leaving her tears fall uncontrollably, she returned to her bedroom, where she spent the rest of the night, failing to fall asleep.

Kai couldn't sleep either. His mind was occupied by thoughts of Su Min, making it difficult to drift away. As he stared at the ceiling, he smiled softly as he felt his mind and body lighter. She was good, she was really good.

"How do you feel today?" He blocked by her question. He didn't know why, he just... found his mouth unable to say something, unable to open.

Su Min glanced at him, raising a brow. Sure, he was quiet and calm as he came, but something gave away that he wasn't well. It had been three days since the party with his uncle and even though they both believed that he was improving, there in that moment, he froze.

"Kai, are you feeling-" She was interrupted by his sudden grip on her hand. Shocked, she stood up as fast as she could, only to kneel before him, keeping eye contact. Feeling his body starting to shake, she placed her hand on his cheek, drawing his face closer. "You are in charge of your emotions." She knew all too well what was happening to him.

A panic attack.

Not looking away, she his cheek softly."Kai, you are in charge and your fears can not guide you." Moving her hand down his neck, she paused on his artery, feeling his pulse. Alarmed by his heart's fast beating, she bit her lip. "Calm down, I will call an ambulance." She stood up, but his grip on her hand tightened, pulling her down again. "Don't." He stuttered, his teeth gritting. "Close your eyes." She spoke, her free hand covering the hand with which he was holding the grip on her. "It's okay, Kai. I'm here." She spoke and felt as he slowly stopped shaking.

"Imagine that you are on a place that is made for you only." She spoke, staring at him. "Imagine that this place is the most beautiful place you have seen so far." His breathing slowed down. She gulped and felt as his grip on her hand loosened. "Imagine that there are no worries around you, imagine that everything negative has vanished." He relaxed completely. "I want you now to open your eyes." She breathed in as his eyes opened, their gazes meeting.

"Are you better now?" He nodded, letting out a deep sigh. His eyes were red and his skin had suddenly lost its colour, making him look like a dead man. It pained her to see him like that. "Kai, if I send you to a psychiatrist..." She saw how his facial expression suddenly changed into a frown. She bit her lip. "This shouldn't be happening after over ten sessions. It's not healthy for you Kai." He shook his head, pursuing his lips. Sighing, she closed , leaving her eyes talk. Their gazes stayed locked as she couldn't find proper words to change his mind.

She wasn't helping him, and that was what frightened her the most. She felt useless for the first time in her career and because of that, she let anxiety conquer her thoughts. It was strange, she thought. Why was she this affected by her client? Why didn't she send him to a psychiatrist right away after him being discharged from the hospital?

"I don't want anyone, but you." As if those words slipped out of his mouth, leaving her speechless and him-embarrassed. Feeling her heart flutter for an unknown reason, she avoided his gaze, cracking a soft smile. "I will be here as well. I just want you to see a more experienced colleague of mine, who will help you better." She locked her gaze with his again and he felt warm. The strange thing was that he always felt like that when he looked at her. Even though he had times, where he coldly avoided this feeling, this time, he was more than willing to feel as much as he could.

"I hope that you will understand how serious I am and consider my advice." She stood up, walking to the window. Smiling at the sun that had just appeared, she looked at him again. "I won't be a stranger. I promise." She chuckled.

Kai sighed for the second time. He knew she was right, he himself felt fear as he experienced this. Even though he knew that he was right when he said that he didn't want a doctor, even though he didn't experience pain or anything life threatening, he was scared. "Oaky."

Su Min couldn't believe it. Did he really agree? For a second there, she thought that he was just talking to a wall, even though he reacted to her words. She felt glad. She felt glad, because he actually listened to her opinion during session. Maybe, just maybe, he really is improving.

"I'll let the doctor know and they should call you soon." Glancing at the clock, she chuckled. "You are free now." She spoke and he chuckled. Nodding, he stood up and walked to the door. "Thank you." He looked at her, before opening the door. His hand went to the handle as she turned around, opening the door slightly. "Thank you for believing in me." A soft smile crept on his lips, stunning her immediately. Grinning, she nodded. "You are most welcome."

Su Min came home earlier than normally, feeling sick. She sighed. Taking out the pregnancy test she had bought on her way home, she went to the toilet.

Two stripes, what could this mean? Was she really pregnant from him?

A tear fell down her eye, reaching to her lips. Ignoring it, she continued to stare at the test as every little scene from that night came to her mind. She remembered how he left her all alone, without even explaining the reason.

Feeling as more tears fought to roll down, she let them fall freely, her vision becoming cloudy.

She didn't feel regret or sadness. She never thought that she would have a child at this age, but somehow, as she looked at the test, she felt that it wasn't the end of the world.

Of course not, it was only the beginning. She had just confirmed what had been on her mind for three weeks, ever since she threw up on the morning after their anniversary.

-SNEAK PEAK-

"Don't sign the paper, Sehun! I won't for-"

"SU MIN!"

-

Thank you for over 800 subscribers! You guys are wonderful and I'm sorry that I couldn't reply to every comment, but be sure, I read all of them and every comment made me smile! You don't know how thankful am. Thank you for the support!

Was that a nice twist, or do you want more? I need 20 new comments, that's all I ask for. 

And a panda, but I guess 20 new comments is easier :)

So just stick to the comments, no pandas, please.

I hate requesting, so if you graphic artist out there, would like the make a poster for the story, I would love to credit you and use the work for some of the chapters. But yeah, I really hate requesting.

The "Apply for story" button isn't there just so it can add a green colour to the story. :)