Hong Kong Part 1

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue = Mandarin

Green = English

Red = Cantonese

 

I woke up really early at 4 am and immediately went to the shower. Our flight to Hong Kong was at 6:30 and I definitely needed time to get ready. Today was the day to hint on me and Tania’s debut. I knew I had to wear something fashionable but also comfortable and I knew what I was going to wear:

I went through my luggage making sure I had everything. I made sure my passport and phone were in my purse. I made myself scrambled eggs for a quick breakfast. By the time I was done it was already 5. I grabbed my purse and luggage and went down to the lobby and outside.

The plan was for me to go to Exo’s dorm early so we could all arrive at the airport together. I hailed a taxi and said the dorms address, I arrived 10 minutes later and before I even had the chance to call Sehun, all the members came out of the apartment. They all seemed sleepy but they straightened up when they realized I was there. I greeted them happily and they all mumbled there hellos. Their managers already had their 2 vans out in the parking lot. Suho told me I would be sitting in the passenger seat in Exo-M’s van. I placed my luggage in the back and headed to the front seat, when we were heading to Incheon I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. I looked behind and it was Chen grinning at me.

“Are you excited? Have you been to Hong Kong before?” asked Chen.

“Of course i’m excited! I’m finally able to hint on my debut!.” I said excitedly “Oh, and I’ve been to Hong Kong a couple of times before but I never stayed for more than 1 night and I haven’t had the chance to see the entire city. I was always there for restaurant openings because my father owns a restaurant in Hong Kong.”

“Oh, okay I see.” said Chen “I wonder what our fans reactions are going to be when they see you.”

“I don’t know...I just hope it’s going to be a good reaction.” I mumbled.

When we arrived and stepped out of our cars I could instantly hear screams of many fangirls. Kris handed me my luggage and I waited until all the members were out of there cars. We started walking to the doors but I hesitated right when we were about to enter. I felt someone gently push me forward and I turned and it was Sehun.

“Don’t be nervous. Just smile and wave.” instructed Sehun.

I nodded and I confidently walked in. The screams got louder and lots of camera flashes were directed to me. I just did what Sehun told me to do and I just smiled and waved. All the members held their finger on their lips and the fans quieted down. Sehun then grabs my hand and holds it up.

“This is Jung Ashlee. She is going to debut soon. Please look forward to her debut.” yelled Sehun.

The fans cheered and started to furiously take more pictures.

We got in line to get our boarding passes and before we got into the TSA check I turned around and waved one more time which earned many screams.

We arrived in our gate and we had 10 minutes before they would start boarding the plane. I looked around and Suho was fussing over all the members making sure they didn’t forget anything. A young man that looked like he was in his twenties was sitting next to me on my right, being a friendly person I said hello to him. He looked surprised and flustered.

“H-Hello” stuttered the young man.

“Why are you going to Hong Kong?” I asked.

In broken Korean he said “I can speak little korean but I can understand most of the language.”

I nodded my head as I understood. “Do you speak English?”

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Are you Chinese” I asked in Mandarin.

“Ahhh yes. Wow you know many languages.” said the young man. “I am going to visit my cousin in Hong Kong.”

“Oh that’s nice.”

“How about you? What brings you to Hong Kong.” asked the young man.

I pointed to the guys. “Do you know who Exo is? Well I am a trainee about to debut and they are my mentors. They are going to perform on a award show.”

“Oh that’s why they looked familiar. Well I wish you luck on your debut.” said the young man sincerely.

“Thank you”

The flight attendant spoke through the microphone. “Can all military personnel and first class please line up in front of the gate door.”

I looked at the young man. “First class, that’s me. It was nice talking to you. Have a great time in Hong Kong.”

The young man mumbled a good bye.

I walked up the gate door with the rest of Exo, after my boarding pass was scanned I entered that bridge thing that connects to the plane. Chen, Kris and Lay were ahead of me, I felt someone grab on to my arm. I turn around and it’s Sehun.

“Who was that guy you were talking to?” said Sehun.

“Some stranger that was Chinese. Why?”

“Well he’s a stranger! I know you're out going but you need to be careful.” said Sehun in a serious tone.

I nodded. “Okay, I’ll be careful.”

We entered the plane and the flight attendants greeted us brightly and I couldn’t help but notice the way the female attendants blushed as Exo greeted them back. I also noticed that little flash of envy in their eyes as they noticed me sitting down next to Sehun. I chose to ignore it because I would feel the same way too if I were in their shoes. After all the plane passengers boarded, the attendants did their usual instruction of safety rules.

The plane just lifted up in the air and I already started feeling nauseous. I guess Sehun noticed because he told me my face got really white. I searched through my bag and found motion sickness relief pills. I swallowed it with the remaining water in Sehun’s water bottle.

“Wow, I didn’t know you got dizzy this easily.” commented Sehun.

“Oh, shut up. You're making it worse.”

Sehun chuckled.

I started feeling sleepy and I mumbled. “The pills kicked in.” as my head leaned on his shoulder. The last thing I remembered before getting knocked was the feeling of Sehun my cheek but I was too sleepy to ask him was he was doing.

I woke up as I felt the plane land on the ground. One eye managed to get open and I saw Sehun staring at me. I groaned as I sat up, I looked around and Kai and D.O. who were across from us also woke up.

I looked up at Sehun and smiled. “We’re in Hong Kong!”

“I know. Are you excited? There will be more fans over here.” said Sehun.

“Yeah, i’m excited.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter