Practice Room

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Sehun was opening the door I couldn’t help but feel really excited about meeting Exo sunbaenim.

Sehun opened the door and we stepped in and saw all the members stretching except for Kris who was just lounging on the couch.

Tao spotted us and excitedly yelled out “ They’re here! Sehun and Ashlee are here!”

They stopped what they were doing and gathered in front of Sehun and I.

“Hey! It’s nice to meet you.” Exo said enthusiastically

I bowed,“Hello my name is Jung Ashlee and I am 17 yrs old , I'm from Vancouver and I’m a trainee.”

After Exo introduced themselves to me Kris suddenly spoke in English, “ So how long have you been a trainee and how’s trainee life? Do you live in a dorm with other trainees?”

“It’s only been a couple weeks and it’s pretty tough but i’m hanging in there and No I live by myself in my families penthouse. And….why do you wanna know?” I asked.

“Oh nothing, I was just curious and I wanted to know if you speak English well.” said Kris.

I looked at Sehun and he was glaring at Kris but I didn’t know why.

Then Luhan said in Mandarin “ Kris what did you say to her? And are you trying to make Sehun jealous? Yahh! You really can’t keep secrets can you?!”

“What secret?” I asked in Mandarin.

All of Exo was taken back at my sudden language change.

“Yahh! How many languages can you speak?” Asked Chanyeol.

“ I can speak English, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese fluently, and i’m conversational in Tagalog and French.” I replied in Korean  “And what secret?”

“Don’t worry about it  Ashlee, these two don’t know what they're saying.” said Lay

“Ashlee you should sing for us!” said Xiumin quickly changing the subject.

“Umm...ok, I’ll sing Heaven by Ailee.” I said as I plugged my phone into the rooms speakers.

Then the background music for Heaven played and Exo sat down on the couches, then I started singing. When I sang I really got into the song and I hit all the high notes.

When the song ended I looked at Exo and all their jaws dropped open in shock.

“Ashlee I knew you could sing, but I didn’t know you could sing like that!!” said Sehun.

“Thanks, but i’m really not that great….” I said

“Are you joking? Ashlee you must be one of the best vocalists that S.M. has ever had!” said D.O.

I just smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter