Flashback of me~

Tutor Me

MinHwa and Yongguk were sitting in a coffee shop and just talking.

“So you’re sure you want to go,” a 16 year old Yongguk asked.

A 16 year old MinHwa smiled, “Why not?” She asked, “We haven’t seen him in awhile so it might be a good chance to see him”.

“Busan is pretty far away though” Yongguk tried to protest.

Minhwa laughed, “Come on are you scared to take a little trip”, “It’s been a couple years since we’ve seen him or even heard from him. Don’t you think it’d be nice to see him” Minhwa asked.

“I’m not say it wouldn’t be nice or that I don’t want to see Daehyun but going at such a spur of the moment doesn’t sound like a good idea” Yongguk stated.

“You worry too much. Well if you’re not going then I am” Minhwa stood up and walked outside.

“I never said I wasn’t going to go” Yongguk swiftly stood up and went after Minhwa. Yongguk stood next to Minhwa and she smiled and linked arms with him. Yongguk sighed and he started to walk to the subway exit. They boarded the subway that would take them to Busan and road it all the way to an exit that was close. Afterwards Yongguk called a cab and got into and drove to Daehyun’s house.

“We’re getting so close I’m getting nervous” MinHwa said excited.

Yongguk looked at MinHwa and laughed, “Whatever, it’s not like it’s your first time meeting Daehyun” Yongguk pointed out.

“Yeah but I haven’t seen him in a couple years” MinHwa pointed out, “What if he doesn’t remember me” She asked scared.

Yongguk let out a sigh, “Calm down” He laughed a little and MinHwa laughed a little too but before they knew it they heard the sound of a car horn quickly come towards their direction. The cab driver wasn’t able to dodge the incoming car fast enough and it crashed into the car and the cab crashed into railing close by and it was on the side that Yongguk was sitting. Everything went dark for both of the students but the sound of sirens woke Yongguk up from his sleep and noticed that MinHwa wasn’t how she was originally. Her seat belt was unlatched and she was lying on top of Yongguk, it looked as if she was trying to cover Yongguk the best she could so he wouldn’t get hurt. There was blood dripping from her head and rolling down her face, she had a few glass shards on her body and she wasn’t moving at all.

“MinHwa” Yongguk shook her, “Min-ah” He shook her even more.

 “Are you alright in there” An emergency team member called into the car.

“Yes my friend is unconscious though” Yongguk said with panic and fear in his eyes.

The emergency team members quickly opened the door and pulled MinHwa, Yongguk and the cab driver out. They were already attending to the other driver. “We need to get everyone to the hospital. Get everyone in the ambulance now!” A member said and they all went into the ambulance. It seemed that Yongguk and the other driver were the only ones that were still conscious; Minhwa and the cab driver seemed to be in the worse shape out of the 4 injured.

“Please be okay Min-ah” Yongguk pleaded in his head. They were all rushed into the hospital, Minhwa quickly went into the ER room and Yongguk had to get taken care of and went into his own medical room. Once he got taken care of his parents and MinHwa’s relatives rushed into the hospital and all had terror written all over their faces.

“Yongguk” his parents hugged him and looked terrified, “Are you alright” his mom asked.

“Yeah” Yongguk replied in a low voice.

“Thank goodness” His mom hugged him again.

“What were you doing out here” Yongguk’s dad asked enraged.

“Don’t get angry now!” Yongguk’s mom protected Yongguk, “He’s injured”.

“Alright fine” His dad walked out of the room and Yongguk sat there, “How’s MinHwa” Yongguk asked.

“She’s still in the ER” MinHwa’s relatives stated. They both had tears in the brim of the eyes and looked absolutely horrible. “We don’t know how she is”.

Yongguk lowered his head even more and tears formed in his eyes. Soon the entire gang rushed into the hospital and saw Yongguk bandaged up and not moving from his seat. They all questioned him but Yongguk couldn’t hear them. He was too scared to listen to anyone, he only thought about MinHwa and if she was going to survive.

After what felt like an eternity, a doctor finally came into and walked over to MinHwa’s relative. They spoke and her relatives let out a sigh of relief with more tears running down their faces. They walked over to the entire group and announced that MinHwa is stable and she’s sleeping in a separate room. They couldn’t visit her now but by tomorrow they will move her to a hospital room back in Seoul and they can visit her there.

The next day Yongguk was the first one to visit MinHwa in the hospital in Seoul. Yongguk went into her room and she was lying in bed. Her eyes slowly open and she smiled. “Are you here to visit me” She asked.

“Of course I am” He said.

“You’re bandaged up just as much as me” She stated, “Are you okay”.

“Yeah I am” Yongguk laughed, “It’s okay though. I’m just glad you’re okay. You’re relatives were really worried” Yongguk said.

“You know my family? How” MinHwa smiled. Yongguk froze there and stared at MinHwa. Later a doctor walked in and explained to Yongguk that MinHwa has acute amnesia and needed to stay in the hospital a little longer for testing. Yongguk visited everyday and the rest of the couple would trade off dadys they went. Little by little MinHwa was slowly regaining her memory.

“I see you’re getting your memory back” Yongguk smiled.

Minhwa smiled, “and it’s all thanks to you” She said.

“Yeah but it was thanks to you I wasn’t badly injured back in Busan” Yongguk stated.

“Wait we were in Busan?” MinHwa asked, “Why were we there” She asked.

“We were going to visit a friend remember?” Yongguk said. MinHwa gave Yongguk a blank look and shook her head, “Maybe you still don’t remember a few things, hold on” Yongguk said. He went out and found MinHwa’s doctor and asked him.

“From her tests, it seems that everything is functional and working perfectly. I don’t see why she wouldn’t remember at this point.” Her doctor quickly explained and left Yongguk. Yongguk was surprised and didn’t know what to do. He just walked back into her room. MinHwa was sitting there and waiting for Yongguk to say something.

“Sorry did I say busan? I meant Incheon” Yongguk laughed, “You wanted to go there to practice your English” Yongguk covered up.

A few days later MinHwa was released from the hospital and was able to live her daily life like she did before she got into the accident. Only with Yongguk having a lot of guilt in the back of his head.