Study with me~

Tutor Me

Yongguk and I walked to his place and we walked in silence. Things have been very awkward since Daehyun came back and it seemed like Yongguk still wasn’t buying the little story I gave him this morning but that was the least of my worries. I wanted to know why I didn’t remember Daehyun, why it was just memories of Daehyun that were fuzzy or gone. It just didn’t make sense to me. I let out a silent sigh and we reached Yongguk’s apartment. He opened the door and we walked into his studio apartment.

“Since we missed our first class, I’m guessing you’re going to need help on what we learned right?” Yongguk asked.

I arched my eyebrow, “You missed class too so how would you know what we learned” I asked.

Yongguk help up some notes, “I asked our teacher to spare me some class notes” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, “That’s a grade A student for you I guess”.

Yongguk smiled, “You know you’re happy that I got the notes for us” Yongguk said, “You need all the help you can get”.

“I think you should stop hanging out with Himchan, you’re starting to pick on me just like him” I pointed out.

“You’re just saying that because you don’t like the truth” Yongguk threw back at me.

“Touché” I smiled, “Come on let’s study”. Yongguk pulled out all the notes that he got from our teacher along with the textbooks we needed to look at. When Yongguk taught me, he taught so diligently and he tried his best to make sure I understood everything. I really appreciated Yongguk and was extremely glad he was my friend. However, even though Yongguk was teaching me so well I still didn’t understand a majority of what he taught me.

“Did you understand that part” Yongguk asked.

I laughed and Yongguk raised his eyebrow, I eventually stopped laughing and shook my head, “No sorry” I slumped my shoulders.

Yongguk ruffled his hair a little, “It’s okay” he looked at the clock and it read midnight, “How about we take quick break and then we’ll get back to studying” Yongguk suggested.

I nodded my head, “Sounds like a fantastic idea”. Yongguk got up and got us two glasses of water and sat back down where we were sitting before. I took my glass and happily drank it. When I finished my glass of water, I put it down and looked at Yongguk. He was looking at his book and then looked up at me.

“What’s up” He asked amused.

“Oh uh” I didn’t really know why I was looking at Yongguk, it just happened. “Nothing sorry” I laughed awkward.

Yongguk laughed, “Okay then” he said. He turned and faced me, “Okay let me ask you something” He said. I completely turned to face him and gave him my full attention, “why was Daehyun at your place when I went to see if you wanted to be tutored today” He asked. I stiffened at the question and I didn’t really know how to tell Yongguk that Daehyun was going to be living at my place for god-knows-how-long. Yongguk stared at my waiting for an answer, “Well?” he pressed.

“You noticed” I smiled awkwardly.

“How could I not, he was in the living room and I was at the front door. It wasn’t that hard to see” he informed. “So” Yongguk pressed again.

I sighed, “Daehyun he’s…” I took a deep breath, “He’s…stay at my place” I informed Yongguk and I squeezed my eyes shut. I didn’t hear anything for a few seconds so I slowly opened up my eyes to see a shocked Yongguk. When my eyes were completely open I saw Yongguk and he was looking back at his book and didn’t say anything. “Yongguk” I questioned. He didn’t say anything once again and continued to flip through the pages of the book he was looking at. “Yongguk are you mad” I asked carefully. Yongguk closed his book and turned his attention to me.

“Let’s get back to studying” He said.

“Oh uh yeah” I said quietly and we continued to study. We studying together until it was about 2am and I quietly went back home by myself. Yongguk said he would walk me back but I felt bad for asking Yongguk to take me back so late and there was some tension between us and I didn’t want to deal with it. When I got to my place I opened the door and the light. I thought everyone would be asleep but it turns out Daehyun was still sitting on the couch in the exact spot that I left him in.

“Daehyun” I called his name and he didn’t move. I called his name once again and he didn’t move.  I walked over to him and saw that he fell asleep sitting up. “Daehyun” I shook him lightly, “You can’t sleep here” I said. Daehyun didn’t budge and I let out a sigh and looked down at the sleeping boy sitting on my couch. I put his arm around my shoulder and tried to carry him the best I could to the guest room. Once I got there, I put him down on the bed and put the blanket over him. I turned my back on Daehyun and started to walk out of his room before I heard a noise.

“MinHwa…ah” I heard Daehyun quietly mumble. I turned back around and walked back over to his bed. It seemed ike he was still asleep but then I noticed in the dark room that was only lit by the moonlight, out of the corner of Daehyun’s right eye slid a small tear. I was shocked. Why’d he say my name and why is he crying? Daehyun doesn’t seem the type to cry easily.”I…I…”Daehyun continued to mumble and more tears started to flow out of Daehyun’s eyes. I stood there shocked and slowly I bent down and I was going to wipe the tears from Daehyun’s face but I heard the front door open and I quickly stood up and left Daehyun’s room. When I got to the hallway I saw Zelo.

“Isn’t it a bit late for you to be coming back home?” I arched my eyebrow and crossed my arms.

Zelo smiled, “I was at cram school. Remember?” He said, “Then some friends of mine wanted to get some food”.

“You know it’s bad to be eating this late” I said.

“I’m still a growing boy so it doesn’t matter” Zelo said, Zelo yawned and walked to his room, “I’m going to be noona, we’ll talk in the morning”. I shrugged my shoulders and went to my room and went to bed.