Music

Voiceless Cries (Completed)

2

 

His vigilant eyes inspected his appearance through the mirror and made sure that there were no visible creases on his carefully ironed uniform. He completed his appearance with the dark coat that he eased on. After lacing his watch around his wrist, he adjusted his tie. His long fingers grabbed his bag and he slung it across his shoulder carelessly. Looking at the mirror once more, he put on his mask.

The silver surface reflected the figure of  young man of incredible height, his intelligence marked in his handsome features. He carried a cold aura about him and his face showed no visible emotion. Though ruthless, he was greatly adored and admired. He was Kim Myungsoo.

Without casting another glance at his room, he left. After striding down the stairs, he was welcomed by the sight of his younger sister arranging her pencils in one neat line, her head lolling back and forth. He studied her expression to spot any distress but all he could see on her face was concentration in completing her task. She had been through enough in her life: neglected and withdrawn by people, and the thought  that she had to live with autism for the rest of her days dismayed him. Autism should be treated as a difference, not a disorder, but people could not see it and continue to neglect autistic kids. He was the only one that could understand his sister and would never treat her like most of the people do.

"Have you had breakfast?" He asked.

"Have you had breakfast?" She echoed his question, her brain processing the question. He waited patiently in the silence that followed his question, anticipating if her sister would answer him this time or not.

"Yes. I had breakfast," she said and continued arranging her pencils, her head lolling to whatever rhythm that she heard. He smiled at the thought that her sister was progressing so well. He ruffled her hair before going out and bade her goodbye. Instantly, he was replied by her bubbly voice. 

"Goodbye."

He turned to cast one more glance at his sister and left.

-----

He walked through the hallways, giggles shadowing his distinctive presence. Having spent his days with this kind of treatment, he could care less. He continued his walk to class.

"M-Myungsoo."

A quivering voice called out to him. He turned his head to see that a girl was standing, shaking with fear. Her hair was plaited into two braids that settled on her shoulders. Her brown eyes was darting from left to right as she tried to summon enough courage to externalize her vice.

"I-I, umm, li..."

Her confession was followed by more stammering and fidgeting of her hand. Knowing  that she would not speak any further, he flicked her a final glance,and walked away. leaving the poor girl, standing in humiliation of a failed attempt in confessing. A few students, snorted at her direction, while others gave her mere glances before stalking away.

"Dude, you just blow up your chance!  That girl was Choi Ye Seul."

Sungkyu who witnessed the whole scene came up to him. Myungsoo raised his brows, not understanding what his friend meant.

"Did you not know? She was confessing to you. And if you had watched more entertainment news rather than just sticking to your newspaper reading, you would have known she's an heir to the Del & Co. which happens to be the one leading company in Asia."

"And so am I."

Myungsoo stalked off. Sungkyu gave him an exasperated sigh.

-----

"Family meeting at 5pm. You are expected to be there." The firm voice stressed the finality of her decision.

"I am going to be home late. Don't wait for me." He hung up and turned off his phone. Family meetings had always been one of the things he detested the most. He looked at his watch.

4.30pm

Two and a half hours left till the meeting will end. He decided to use that remaining time exploring the school he was not yet familiar with. He went into rooms and through corners of the school and when exhaustion had finally claimed him, he settled himself on a bench and soon he dozed off.

He woke up to the chiming of the clock tower and following the sounds of the chime was the sound of music playing. The notes blended so well with the chime and it was raw with so much emotions that he nearly  opened his heart to the warmth of it.

Curiosity loomed over him and he took his first step towards the beautiful cascading music that filled the night air.

 

 

 

----

A/N:

So, chapter 2 is finally here! Slept late to finish this off. Hope you guys enjoy!