A Day Filled With Curiosity

Crossing the Line [hiatus]

 

KIMMIE POV

I came home from work just to see my worn out dresser to be replaced with a huge, shining suitcase. Panicking, I searched every corner of the house, to find Umma and demand an explanation, but the only unusual thing I found was a little red sticky note on her door.

“OPEN IT~! Love, Umma<3.

P.S. I’ll explain everything later, if you follow my instructions^^.”

I ran back to my room as fast as I could without making a hole in the old, worn out, floor panels. Once in my room, I knocked over the big case and let my shaking fingers roam around the outside of the bag, searching for a zipper. Hastily I ped the bag and swung the front of the suitcase open. The little amount of my clothes had somehow doubled, maybe even tripled in size. My faded, wide, old jeans, and ripped hoodies were nowhere to be seen. My oversized, hand-me-down shirts from my older cousins had disappeared. The fabrics found inside of the suitcase consisted only of brand new floral dresses, colorful, graphic shirts, and shining athletic hoodies, and about a dozen pairs of skinny jeans. Right in the middle of the collection of unworn clothes was an envelope, with another mini sticky note pasted on top.

“I know you don’t usually wear this sort of stuff~ but I didn’t choose these, I promise~!

Just open the envelope, and do whatever your little friend says, arasso?
Saranghae, be good and I’ll miss you

~Umma.

“I’ll miss you?” I thought out loud… I only accepted two extra shifts this week. Maybe Umma has to work extra hours as the café as well. Pushing my curiosity aside, I cautiously opened the envelope. Inside in familiar loopy handwriting was another note, along with a ticket of some sort. 

“KIMMIE!!! I can’t tell you how much I missed you~
But that’s about to change, huh? ;D

Don’t tire yourself trying to figure out who I am,

because you’re about to find out anyways~~ Just bring that gorgeous new suitcase,and drag it to the bus stop across your street.

<3… ah~I’ll tell you later.”

 

After intercepting about five more notes, a change of clothes, a haircut, and refusing to let a stranger put makeup on me, I was seated on a bus with my old best friend Nari, who moved to Seoul during our early high school years to pursue her dreams, and the girl who had planned the entire scheme, and was taking me somewhere “special” as a late birthday present. The suitcase was fitted somewhere in the back of the oversized bus, and Nari kept talking  about her new dorm, her new clothes, her new friends, her new fiancé—fiancé?

“What the hell? You’re getting married?!” I shouted, causing half the bus to turn and look at us strangely.

“Yah. Quiet down, the whole bus is ogling you like you’re .”

“It’s not my fault. You’re about to be tied up to someone for the rest of your life, and you didn’t even tell your best friend.”  I usually would act like I could care less, but the only people I hide my cold personality from is my mother, and Nari who deserved to know just exactly how I felt about being left in the dark for so long, but right before I could the bus screeched to a stop. Murmurs of complaints filled the entire bus, and the shy, quiet, and always reserved, Nari marched out of her seat and began demanding an explanation from the old driver.

 

What is this day coming to…?

~~~~~~~

Aghh~! I posted this,and then my connection failed me,and it didnt save and  just UGHHHHHH -________-"
My life is going downhill right now ;~~;

ANWAYYSS~ I hope this is okay.It's kindof like a filler I guess,just to get things going since the plot is already decided,its just that..the way everythings going to be set up(?) is gnna be new for mee:3...its really lame. A lame excuse of a chapter.
I shouldve spent more time on it..but i felt guilty.

and if i held it for any longer NinjaTeuk over here wouldve killed mee~
I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT,AND THANKS AGAIN FOR READING EVEN THOUGH IM JUST BEGINNING<3