Remembering

Crossing the Line [hiatus]

 

theres a twist? :O

 

UKI’S POV

I am one smart- evil genius.

KIMMIE’S POV

“Well isn’t this day turning out to be great?” I sarcastically muttered under my breath as I dragged Jongwoon into the room that Uki said was his. The distance from the elevator to his room seemed to be a trip around 3 minutes long, but because I had to stop every few steps to pull his limp body back onto my smaller shoulders in a pathetic attempt of a piggy-back ride, this short walk seemed like it was going to take hours.

Once I finally got to the room that had a collage of tiny turtle stickers pasted on the door, I used my remaining strength to kick the door open.  Once inside I lugged him all the way to his bed and threw most of his body onto it. Looking around his pale white room, I realized my older brother had changed a lot more than I thought. Everything was a mess. Socks and shirts were scattered all over the floor and draped on the desk. Crumpled up sheets of paper were spilling out of the tiny trash-can and circled all around his cluttered desk. A bunch of framed photos were sitting on his dresser, some fallen over, others facing the wrong direction. His room literally looked like it had suffered an indoor football game with a million 2nd graders.

“Nari...?” confused Jongwoon suddenly whimpered as I was the photos in an attempt to recognize one of the boys who was pictured.

“Oh you’re awake?” I muttered grimly as I blinked at him out of cold eyes. “Stay there, I have to get you some pills or something.” I said, remembering what Alex told me to do once the boys came to their senses.  I swiftly made my way around the huge dorm searching for the bathroom, and once I found it I looked for anything that read painkillers. After I found the pills I stopped by the deserted kitchen, carelessly opened any cabinets in an attempt to find a cup. Once I found the door that held back tons of cups in every color, I held one under the magnificent water dispenser I discovered that was attached to the huge refrigerator.

With the pills in one hand, and a glass of water in the other I grudgingly trudged back to the messy room. As I approached his door I saw him sitting on his bed, his elbows on his knees as he rubbed his head roughly and groaned repeatedly.

“I should just let him suffer,” I thought as I stood by his door wondering whether or not I should walk in.

“My heaaaddd,” he suddenly whined. “It’s gonna burst open…Umma come quickly…” he cried as his tears began slowly flooding his cheeks. 

“Crying randomly after too much alcohol? I guess not everything’s changed…” I softly muttered to myself as I quietly trotted towards Jongwoon’s desk. Once he heard me settling into his desk seat his head snapped back up. After reading the directions on the bottle, I carefully plucked out two of the white tablets and dropped them into his open hand. A few minutes after he sloshed them down his throat he breathed a long sigh of relief.

YESUNG’S POV

I cannot express how much I love these pain relievers. They’re incredibly strong, but also immediate. I shouldn’t have taken in so much alcohol in the first place, how stupid of me to try to drink away my frustrations.  What would happen if Mi Young wasn’t here to take care of me?  I would’ve done all my schedules on a throbbing head.

Wait a minute. Alcohol over my limit? Mi Young? My head bounced up and I saw my precious younger sister sitting in front of me. She was sitting in front of my desk, in my chair, and in my room. But she wasn’t looking in my direction. She was staring at her cuticles and bitten fingernails as if they were the most interesting object in the entire world.

 Those are the hands that gave me pills! I thought cheerily. Oh wait…she didn’t touch my hand. She even made sure of it…

Deciding that I shouldn’t act sane and continue tearing up to seem drunk, I finally mustered enough courage to speak to my own sibling. “Mi Young…” I whispered softly, and cowardly. “Can’t you look at me? Not even once?”

Most likely ignoring what would probably become an incredibly awkward situation; Mi Young looked up at the lamp on my desk and murmured, “Do you need anything else? Water? Food?”

Giving up my drunken act, I sighed. “Nothing. I’m fine, I guess.”


“Good. I can’t stay here any longer anyways, sleep’s more important.” She said sharply as she stood up suddenly, knocking my chair off its legs.

I watched her walk towards the door in long, swift strides. Once she had her hand on the knob I spoke up. “Wait. I need one thing.”


“Well hurry up, cause Alex said I can only leave once you don’t ask for anything else.”
I looked up from the floor and saw her watching me with her big, round eyes. She briefly glanced away, but must have realized that made her look afraid since she immediately stared back into my eyes. Mesmerizing, cold, lonely, and sad. My sister’s eyes almost always looked like that when she was younger, and the orbs following my own eyes looked exactly the same as when I last saw them.

 

KIMMIE’S POV

“I need for you and me to talk. As in, an actual two person conversation.” Jongwoon said as his sad, hopeful eyes held mine in place. With a pang of guilt stabbing inside of me, I briskly shook my head and opened the door.

I froze in place, my head throbbing in fear. “No...Not here, not right now.” I thought to myself as my head continuously pounded, causing my knees to buckle. I fell to the floor and I heard my brother sharply breathe in and stand up.

I’m like Harriet Tubman. No not as in I led over a hundred slaves to freedom, but as in my head was injured by metal when I was younger and I have random sleeping spells. They don’t happen too often, but when they do occur you never know how long I’m going to stay in the darkness for. My head continued to pulsate roughly, to the point where my vision blurred and my surroundings completely disappeared. A pair of arms was wrapped around me, not shaking me and screaming, but just holding me. Stacked on top of each other, and pulling me tightly towards his body.

“It’s alright,” my brother murmured. “It’ll be over before you know it.”