NINE: EPILOGUE

Broken Hearted Arrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were so many voices calling their names. Yonghwa and Seohyun slowly opened their eyes and tried to readjust to the surroundings. The last thing they remembered was that moment on the roof. The both of them had yet to say a thing when a woman came rushing towards their direction and flung her arms around Seohyun.

 

          “Hyunnie? Athena, my baby!!!! Umma missed you so much!!! Aigoo. It must’ve been hard on you to live as a human all these years. Umma and Appa are sorry they can’t be with you. It’s ok now. Everything’s ok. You did it. You broke the spell.”

 

            “Joohyunnie? I missed you! My little baby princess is all grown up!”

 

          “Huh?” that’s all Seohyun could say as her parents wrapped their arms around her in this joyful reunion. The same scenario plagued Yonghwa.

 

          “Uri Yong-yong! You did it! We’re so proud of you! I thought we were going to lose you forever.”

 

            “You did well, son. High-five!”

 

            “Huh?”

           

            Yonghwa and Seohyun looked around and spotted each other. This entire situation was so confusing and overwhelming. What are they doing in Olympus? Jihyo could sense their anxiety and so, she hit the back of Yunho’s head and scolded him.

 

          “YAH! Don’t you think it’s time you start explaining?!”

 

            “Ow! Aish! Arasso! For a goddess of peace, you are such a violent woman!”

 

            “Only because I want you to clear up the mess and drama you created out of this! Now, start explaining!”

 

            “Wait, what explaining? You never told them what Dara said?! Nothing?!” (Soyeon)

 

            “Dara? Who’s that?” (Joonyoung)

 

          “Cassandra. The Seer. She told us how to break the spell Psyche casted both on Cupid and Athena. The two of them just have to meet and fall in love out of their free will. True love’s kiss was the only cure and for that to take effect, the both of them must acknowledge what they feel for each other. It didn’t matter if we told them the truth about how to break the spell. There was no danger in that. However, the price of that knowledge was for my wife and I to live as mortals until our daughter was freed from the curse.” (Yoon Han)

 

          “You mean your daughter, Athena…wait….” Yoomi started to put the puzzle pieces together. “Athena and Seohyun are one and the same?! Seohyun is NOT a mortal but an Olympian goddess too? YAH! Yunho-sshi! You knew that all along and you never cared to tell us?!

 

You mean to say that all they had to do was to meet up and fall in love? That’s it? THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU GIVE THEM THIS MISSION IN THE FIRST PLACE?! YAAAHHH!!!!” (Yoomi)

 

“I understand now. Yunho goon only made it complicated by giving that unnecessary mission. Right from the start he knew that Yonghwa and Seohyun are the destined pair. And to think I cried buckets of tears from all that drama!” (Jessica)

 

“But this isn’t the first time they kissed! Remember the 9th floor thing?!” (Sooyoung)

 

 

The entire venue erupted in chaos. Everyone spoke at the same time. Yunho shushed them by creating lightning and thunder. All the while, Yonghwa and Seohyun remained in their catatonic state.

 

 

Everyone turned towards their ruler and asked him the same question:

 

           

            “WHY.DID.YOU.GIVE.THEM.THAT.MISSION.IN.THE.FIRST.PLACE.?”

 

          Yunho felt himself gulp as the crowd emphasized each word. He kept his stance as he answered truthfully. Here comes trouble…

 

          “I told you, they needed conflict. The whole ‘finding Seohyun’s true love’ was just an excuse and a reason for them to spend more time with each other and fall in love along the process. About their first kiss. It didn’t work out that day because the both of them still haven’t acknowledged, let alone, figure out, what they truly felt for one another.

 

 I wanted to give their love story a dramatic twist, and look! Didn’t I succeed? If it weren’t for that, the two of them would never realize what love really meant – unconditional and sacrificial.

 

            I wasn’t lying about Seohyun’s status. Her memories were blocked and so were her abilities, so in a way, she was a mortal during that time. Ey, why are you guys staring at me like that? I told you countless times to just enjoy the show! You were the ones who stressed yourselves with all those questions. Hahahaha! Besides, you guys suggested most of the details for that mission. Don’t act so innocent!

 

                        In short, the lesson or the entire point of giving them that mission is for them to realize that TRUE LOVE CONQUERS ALL. TADA!!!”

 

          Yunho completed his speech with an elaborate hand gesture and by smiling widely. However, the crowd wasn’t amused. Before any of them could air their complaints about their emotions being played around with, Yonghwa and Seohyun walked towards the center of the place and looked at each other.

 

          “You’re a goddess.”

 

            “I am? I AM.”

 

            “MY goddess. My Hy~un is a goddess and her Olympian name is Athena.”

 

            “I’m a goddess? I am a goddess…” kept repeating as if she’s trying to convince herself that it’s the truth. She and Yonghwa were still in their ‘human attire’ so the idea of being in Olympus and all that hasn’t completely sunk in.

 

          10 seconds passed. Yonghwa was about to go for a dramatic hug when Seohyun shot him her iciest glare.

 

          “I remember everything now. My name is Athena, the goddess of war and wisdom. I am the daughter of Apollo and Artemis. I AM A GODDESS. YOU! (points accusingly at Yonghwa). I am and have always been a goddess! How many times did you call me a “lowly mortal?!!!” YAH! HOW DARE YOU! COME HERE YOU YONG CHODING!!! YAH!”

 

            Now that her powers were back, she was easily able to summon up her spear. She chased Yonghwa around who then tried to defend himself with his own bow.

 

          “YAH! COME DOWN HERE CUPID! Don’t you think it’s unfair that you get to have wings and try to escape! You have to come down this instant and face me! How dare you insult me all this time by labeling me as a mortal when in fact we are equals! YAH!”

 

            They were running around the Royal Courts as others just watched in surprise. It was one thing to watch their squabbles as a “god-mortal” on earth, and it was an entirely different experience seeing this live.

 

          “AHA! I knew it! No wonder you’re such a warfreak smartass! Goddess of war and wisdom!”

 

            “YAH!”

 

            The two of them continued this chase for a few more minutes before Yonghwa settled down on her level. Seohyun took this opportunity to hit him just like their first meeting, only this time she’s using a spear (without unlocking the pointed tip) instead of a stick.

 

          “It’s unfair! Where’s my bow, quiver and arrows? Wait. Arrows…Arrows…what happened to that broken-hearted arrow?!”

 

            They finally stopped their childish quarrel as they remembered about the special arrow.

 

          “It’s right here.” Yunho said as he proudly showed off the arrow. Everyone gasped upon seeing the tip no longer have its broken-hearted shape.

 

          “What…? How?”

 

            “The moment you professed your love for one another, and as soon as the two of you kissed, the two broken halves have reunited. Like I said, true love conquers all. This was never meant to be shot, and even if Yonghwa did try to hit Kim Soohyun with it, there’s no effect. It doesn’t have the power, minus the magical reuniting of the broken halves, that your regular arrows possess. This is nothing more than an ornament to be displayed. Consider it as an advance wedding gift! HAHAHAA!”

 

            He recognized the murderous looks on Cupid and Athena’s face so before the two could think of cornering him and shout their complaints, he quickly retreated back to his chambers.

 

 

 

 

6 Months Later…

 

 

          If you’re wondering what happened with Kim Soohyun, his memories were erased. Everything about the time he spent with Seohyun was completely deleted from his mind the moment Yonghwa and Seohyun kissed on his mansion’s roof.

 

          Song Jihyo and Kang Gary got married. It took a while before Seohyun got used to the idea that her Jihyo unnie is also a goddess. She was a crying mess during Jihyo’s wedding.

 

          “Unnie! I can’t believe this. How come I never knew? All this time you took care of me and I haven’t done much to repay you for everything. I’ve been such a stubborn-headed dongsaeng! You could’ve left me on my own but you didn’t. I’m so thankful unnie! I love you!”

 

            Song Jihyo laughed as she took the young lady in her embrace.

 

            “Aigoo. You don’t have to repay me anything. I care for you, Seohyunnie. You’re like my own daughter. If it wasn’t for your parents, this wedding wouldn’t even be possible. They’re the ones who helped me meet up with Gary oppa. I love you too, Seohyunnie no matter how stubborn-headed you are. Haha!”

 

            “I still can’t believe Gary oppa is a Titan. I thought they were supposed to be giants? But he is funny…”


            “YAH! He’s not funny-looking! Those mortals just twisted up the physical description of Titans so you think he looks weird, but he isn’t.”

 

            “Hahaha! Unnie! I was just joking! I’m so happy for you. It must’ve been hard to fight for each other all these years. This wedding symbolizes that peace is possible between two different races. True love does conquer all, right? I’m so happy that your love story gets a happy ending unlike Romeo and Juliet.”

 

            Seohyun winked as she said the last statement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter