TWO: GETTING TO KNOW THE “TARGET”

Broken Hearted Arrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile, on earth, Yonghwa resumed his mortal man disguise. He chose to roam around peacefully (“I can’t let the girls fawn all over me! it’s so annoying when they try to get my attention. Aish!”) to get some time to organize his thoughts and plans. He’d only reveal himself to mortals when he is in need of something.

 

          Alas, after wandering around the streets of Seoul, he found what he was looking for. The shabby and old building was enough to turn him off, but the reminder of his fate forced him to just bear with it and go ahead. He flew his way up to the ninth floor and effortlessly entered her apartment.

 

          As he was giving himself a tour of the dingy place, he remembered the flaw that Yunho overlooked. He wasn’t given a specific time frame to accomplish his mission so he saw no need to be in a rush and pressure himself. He only has one chance to make this work and a warning that he should never fall in love with this mortal. He continued to ‘inspect’ her place until his eyes landed on a picture. He held the frame in his hands and smirked.

 

            “Falling in love won’t be a problem. How can I be attracted to a girl like this?! She’s not even my type! Aish. That rule Yunho goon added is useless.”

 

          He sat down on the yellow couch and wrote down the information he gathered so far.

 

          Name: Seo Joohyun

          Nickname: Seohyun

          Age: 23

          Occupation: Feature Editor of TheFNC magazine

          Background: Orphan; middle class, has been on a few dates but never in a committed/serious relationship; graduated at the top of her class (a total package of a brainiac); has one BFF (they met way back their childhood days in the orphanage and  consequently reunited in college) named Song Jihyo, also her boss/Editor-in-chief of TheFNC.

 

          He was caught up in his thoughts when he heard a key unlocking the door. He quickly got up and ran towards the nearest window, where he flew out of the place.

         

          He spent the next 90 days observing Seo Joohyun from afar – from her routines, schedules, and the people she interacts with every day.

 

          “Not a single male specie interested! How can this girl be such a repulsive force of attraction?! Aish! This is going to be harder than I thought!”

 

            Every day, he hoped for at least one man to show the slightest bit of interest in his target, but to no avail. The girl needs a serious briefing session on HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH GUYS 101. He kept saying it was frustrating but deep inside, a part of him was relieved. What?! He ignored that odd feeling and tried harder to concentrate.

 

He found out that she loves to eat gogumas and healthy food. Junk food and hamburgers are an absolute NO. Pizzas are ok as long as the pineapples and olives are taken out. She sleeps on the right side of the bed for the first four hours before rolling to the other side near her bedside table. She wakes up at exactly 5:01am. Her morning routine is always the same: wake up, quiet time for 15 minutes, take a bath & get dressed for 45 minutes (he never peeked at her bathroom ritual out of respect), cook and eat breakfast for half an hour, take out the trash and clean the apartment for another half hour, and lastly, ride the bus towards her office. The bus ride takes twenty minutes. As soon as she arrives, she stops by the local coffee shop to buy some drinks for her and her Jihyo unnie. Her work starts at 8am and ends at 5pm.

 

After work, she and her Jihyo unnie would eat dinner in their favorite restaurants. However, she opts to eat alone in her apartment when Jihyo and her fiancé Kang Gary have scheduled dinner dates. She also loves to read. She invests a lot in buying books, particularly of the self-improvement genre. She has prided herself in building up a mini-library at her place. She has an old keyboard too but he has never heard her play the instrument.

 

Her favorite colors are pink and white. She is fond of every boring pastel color there is, as evidenced by her wardrobe and the apartment’s interior design. Speaking of wardrobe, her closet is filled with only slacks, plain colored blouses, some statement shirts, and jeans. She has only 2 pairs of heels that she uses for work and formal occasions. She prefers sneakers and flip flops over wedges and stillettos. The girl only has BB cream, strawberry lip gloss, and a small compact of blush on for makeup. Her stock of perfumes all have the same sweet, innocent fragrance. He’d sometimes wonder how it’ll feel to have her in his arms and bask in her scent. Wait, erase that! He’s not curious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter